PDA

View Full Version : WSCR & Oftman saying Cell Too Dangerous...Again


Hangar18
05-26-2004, 08:19 AM
All morning , Murph was talking about his team.......
then finally talks about the SOX, he says "lets talk about some of the problems at the Cell next hour".
Im pretty infuriated.............

DaveIsHere
05-26-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
All morning , Murph was talking about his team.......
then finally talks about the SOX, he says "lets talk about some of the problems at the Cell next hour".
Im pretty infuriated.............

Wtat do you expect, Flubs fans having waiting for this, takes attention away from Wrigleyville problems, oh well I guess this is they way things are, someone should point out to them that it is Cub fans that are causing the problems there.

Hangar18
05-26-2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere
Wtat do you expect, Flubs fans having waiting for this, takes attention away from Wrigleyville problems, oh well I guess this is they way things are, someone should point out to them that it is Cub fans that are causing the problems there.

Fan just called in.........and TOLD MURPH CUB FANS ARE COMING AND CAUSING THE TROUBLE WITH SOX FANS. Murph incredulously then said ......."wait...your saying Cub Fans are causing all of the trouble at the Cell"

DaveIsHere
05-26-2004, 08:30 AM
Let us know what else they have to say

Hangar18
05-26-2004, 08:31 AM
and just like clockwork.........Oftman confirmed callers statement.......saying there were lot of cub fans at the game last nite, and some were indeed causing problems. Murph asked how and why that could be........then Immediately hung up on him and said it was time to go.

DaveIsHere
05-26-2004, 08:34 AM
Murph bothers the living crap out of me, I bet if he went to a Sox game he would get his ass kicked

BKozi
05-26-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere
Murph bothers the living crap out of me, I bet if he went to a Sox game he would get his ass kicked

This is probably not a good post considering the purpose of the original post was anger that they were making the Cell sound like a problematic park...

joeynach
05-26-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
and just like clockwork.........Oftman confirmed callers statement.......saying there were lot of cub fans at the game last nite, and some were indeed causing problems. Murph asked how and why that could be........then Immediately hung up on him and said it was time to go.

How ridicoulous. These cub fans come out on half price night with their friends and groups i was there i saw it all. Me and and a group of my friends about 10 of us had a cubs fan come with us, a girl. She wore a cubs hat. These nights are becoming young people group nights. Which is cool except for when the frat guys come out in groups and cub fans come in to the outfield area where they all sit. Then the taunting and yelling begins which turns into punches being thrown. I have been to many games this year and this only happens on this night. The cub fans come in with their groups of friends and then here we go. I mean im only 20 and go to many frat parties, at a school, not at a baseball game. The good news is there was a heck of a lot get up on yoiur feet and make some noise young sox fans in the outfield, but it was like a mini wrigley out there with all the "you suck" chants and out of control drunk young people.

nasox
05-26-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by BKozi
This is probably not a good post considering the purpose of the original post was anger that they were making the Cell sound like a problematic park...

ahhh, sweet irony!

Hangar18
05-26-2004, 08:43 AM
Something really has to be done about this. Im about tired of his Shrewd Steering of Topics. His Kiley-esque way of Planting the Stigma is brutal. Hearing cub fans comment on why they think comiskey is too violent is like hearing Kindergarteners commenting on Astro Physics.

Oftman complained about the Parking Lot C, being full of garbage from all the tailgaters, said there was trash, mt beer bottles
everywhere.......

DaveIsHere
05-26-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by nasox
ahhh, sweet irony!

OMG what is happening to me??? Am I biting into there "steroetype", I am becoming what they say I am, a violent Sox fan...........aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Apologies, for the way that sounded about Murph it is just that his Flubs garbage all season is really wearing on me when he is depicting everything in a false light...peace..love..happiness

Hangar18
05-26-2004, 08:46 AM
another caller now confirming that Cub fans were DEFINITELY
instigating trouble with sox fans. Murph now sounds genuinely surprised and wondering why cub fans are going to SOX games.
said its embarassing to him

hose
05-26-2004, 08:47 AM
Murph never had so much Sox talk

George Ofman was counting the fights from the press box with the help of binoculars.....***?

http://www.670thescore.com/graphics/pic_sm_george_ofman.jpg

Did you happen to see the guy sitting behind the Sox Dugout in the first row last night? A bigger George Ofman .

Hangar18
05-26-2004, 08:50 AM
Im very surprised........I think Murph is acknowledging cub fans being the problem. well, hes implying it anyways.......
with him, I'll take it

DaveIsHere
05-26-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Im very surprised........I think Murph is acknowledging cub fans being the problem. well, hes implying it anyways.......
with him, I'll take it

Give him a sec, he will refute it and make it look like a southside prob,

Hangar18
05-26-2004, 09:04 AM
I think what really happened here (and this is just my opinion)
is that MURPH tried to pull a Mike Kiley and Start this TOPIC,
but a number of Callers instead called in and said it was CUBFANS
causing the trouble, which made Murph just change the Topic
now. Good Job sox fans telling the truth. File this one under "murph topic gone bad"

SEALgep
05-26-2004, 09:19 AM
I was at the lower box in section 148, so I wasn't very near all the fights, but I did see a few of Cub's hats at the game. You're playing Houston in a pretty important two game series, yet you come to the Cell to start trouble with Sox fans? I guess the Sox fans are the little devils and picked fights with the Cub's angelic fans. Why can't we just welcome our guests, they were obviously there because they are rooting for both teams. :angry:

ChiSoxBobette
05-26-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Something really has to be done about this. Im about tired of his Shrewd Steering of Topics. His Kiley-esque way of Planting the Stigma is brutal. Hearing cub fans comment on why they think comiskey is too violent is like hearing Kindergarteners commenting on Astro Physics.

Oftman complained about the Parking Lot C, being full of garbage from all the tailgaters, said there was trash, mt beer bottles
everywhere.......

That in all probability is a load of crap, it was the 1st night back from a road trip so I would imagine the parking lots were clean , even during home games the next day the lots are pretty clean. If he's speaking about after everyone tailgates thats another load of crap we have season tickets and tailgate when we can and I've never seen any of the tailgaters just throwing garbage all over. Like I said before most of the Chicago sports media reporters, radio, papers, TV; are so biased against the White Sox they can't wait to jump on something. Take for instance the fights in the stands and the way murph handled the caller when it was told to him it was scrub fans at the game last night who started the trouble he instantly becomes sarcastic so as to defend the beloved scrub fandom. Its a joke in chicago when it come to the two team. Just look at the garbage in the papers about prior - The Prior Watch, come on where was the Frank Thomas watch a couple of years ago when Frank was hurt. Are they going to have a Magglio Watch since he was taken out of the game last night with a calf injury. They can defend thier bullcrap all they want about the coverage of the two teams but when the scrub are playing and losing you would never know it if the White Sox loose
thats the only time it headline sports new.

Irishsox1
05-26-2004, 10:01 AM
The Cubs fans coming to the Sox games causing trouble is directly related to the pressure on the team and the overconfidence the Cubs fans have this year. The Cubs fans believe that THIS is the year and since THIS is the year, then they will party harder, be the most obnoxious, and rub it in as many non-Cubs fans faces that they can. It's as if the Cub's fans are still partying like its 3-0 in the 8th and they are only 5 outs from the World Series. They never got the message that they lost the playoffs and that this is a new season and there are 162 regular season games to go.

maurice
05-26-2004, 11:10 AM
Murphy was all too happy to disuss the fights at the Cell, but every time Offman or anybody else tried to talk about the actual game itself, he changed the subject to the cubs. While that's extremely typical of him, it occurs with greater frequency now that he know his days on the air are numbered.

Tuesday Night Fights are a problem, but it's ridiculous to suggest that it's a South Side problem. The bleachers at Wrigley are just as bad during EVERY night game, and the fights there probably involve the very same people. Besides, at least nobody at the Sox game got shot.

There was a lot of trash in the lots, but the trash cans were full after pre-game tailgating. Since nobody bothered to empty them, there was no place to put the garbage. Once again, JR gets caught by "surprise" by a 10K walkup and understaffs security, maintainance, and (probably) concessions. OTOH, the streets around Wrigley are always littered with post-game trash, urine, vomit, unconscious yuppies, etc.

Frater Perdurabo
05-26-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by maurice
Murphy was all too happy to disuss the fights at the Cell, but every time Offman or anybody else tried to talk about the actual game itself, he changed the subject to the cubs. While that's extremely typical of him, it occurs with greater frequency now that he know his days on the air are numbered.

I can't wait until I can take the deeppink off of this scenario:

Sox move from WMVP to WSCR. Conn and Meier replace Murphy in the mornings on WSCR.

Railsplitter
05-26-2004, 11:31 AM
I wonder how Murphy would react if somebody said "You're just saying that because the Cell is in a black neighborhood" in repsone to comments of the place being dangerous.

firejauron
05-26-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by maurice
While that's extremely typical of him, it occurs with greater frequency now that he know his days on the air are numbered.




Is it a fact that his days are numbered? I've been out of the loop for a while, is his contract almost up or something?

Vernam
05-27-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
another caller now confirming that Cub fans were DEFINITELY
instigating trouble with sox fans. Murph now sounds genuinely surprised and wondering why cub fans are going to SOX games.
said its embarassing to him

Fist fights between Sox and Cub fans are pathetic and reflect badly on everyone no matter where it happens. If you're tempted to beat or heckle a Cub fan at the Cell, try to remember the Geneva conventions; IOW, be nice to them even if they don't deserve it, or you're giving them permission to kick your butt if you ever visit Wrigley. 8^)

Yesterday a.m., Murphy slammed the Sox for losing to the "lowly Rangers." You know, the ones who were 26-18 going into yesterday's game. The guy gets paid to talk about sports but can't be bothered to read the standings. If you see him at the park, feel free to disregard the Geneva conventions!

VC

Blueprint1
05-27-2004, 09:10 PM
You know what I catch a few games at Wrigley every year in fact I was at the Cubs Giants rubber match last week. When i entered the building I didn't wear my sox hat even though it was in my car because the cubs were not playing the sox. I didn't yell and scream when the Giants scored and I didn't yell and scream when the Cubs scored. I just watched the baseball game and was respectful to the baseball fans around me. The sox games I went to this year I noticed a huge amount of people showing up in full cubs gear. One person Went up into the upper deck at the Cell and draped a cubs banner from their seats. I don't understand this type of behavior I visit many teams baseball stadiums and unless they are playing the whitesox I don't stat any trouble maybe thats just me.

ode to veeck
05-27-2004, 09:28 PM
Oftman complained about the Parking Lot C, being full of garbage from all the tailgaters, said there was trash, mt beer bottles

Hey I lived at 3610 Sheffeid at one point in time, you wouldn't believe what 30,000 drunk fans do to the Lake View neighborhood every day

What a pile of crap

Cubbiesuck13
05-27-2004, 09:56 PM
white sox baseball: we will shut you out and beat up you fans


all kidding aside, if there are many flub fans in the bleachers, how long will it be untill a ball is thrown back that is hit by the sox?

and furthermore, how will fans respond to the park's first murder?

Viva Magglio
05-27-2004, 11:04 PM
What the hell was Sox fan Fred doing during all this?