PDA

View Full Version : Pregame at Busch

KempersRS
09-17-2001, 07:20 PM
Anyone just watch the ceremonies before the game on ESPN? I thought it was fantastic.

Jerry_Manuel
09-17-2001, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS
Anyone just watch the ceremonies before the game on ESPN? I thought it was fantastic.

I think it will be interesting to see what the Sox have planned.

Viva Magglio
09-17-2001, 07:28 PM
I especially liked the poem written by Jack Buck that he read during the ceremony.

HootieMcBoob
09-17-2001, 08:27 PM
for those of you who missed it, they had hundreds of police officers and firefighters on the field. they got a standing ovation. there was an enormous flag spread out in centerfield, as well as many military people presenting the colors. they played a video on the jumbotron to the music of "God Bless the USA (Proud to be an American). It was very moving. Jack Buck (cards broadcaster)read a poem he had written to the music of "America the Beautiful." There was a 21-fire salute with fireworks and the national anthem was sung. Chants of "USA! USA!" in Busch stadium. The people could have gone home after the pregame ceremony - it was awesome. Hope the Sox will do something similar and I can't wait to be there.

Daver
09-17-2001, 08:38 PM
They just showed a highlight from Coor's feild that showed players from both teams holding a huge American flag.
I thought is was a nice touch.