PDA

View Full Version : No Chan Ho Park tonight

fado
05-26-2004, 06:58 AM
He has back problems. Texas will have Joaquin Benoit start who's 2-1 with a 5.4 ERA. Could we have a problem with this guy since we were looking at getting ready for Park?

Saracen
05-26-2004, 07:05 AM
No. They're both atrocious.

elrod
05-26-2004, 08:49 AM
We've had trouble with Benoit before when he pitched in relief.

Jerko
05-26-2004, 09:10 AM
He started against the Sox either last year or the year before cause Valdez I think it was couldn't go and he made the Sox look like babies up there. Hopefully it was just the "I never saw this guy before so I will suck" routine and the boys will hammer him tonite.

Randar68
05-26-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
He started against the Sox either last year or the year before cause Valdez I think it was couldn't go and he made the Sox look like babies up there. Hopefully it was just the "I never saw this guy before so I will suck" routine and the boys will hammer him tonite.

Yep, I had flashbacks the minute I heard he was starting tonight...

TDog
05-26-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Jerko

I remember that was a day game, an aweful day game. May 9, 2002. I was doing my laundry and listening to the game on the radio. Ritchie didn't pitch badly that day, but Sox couldn't do anything against Benoit. Lost 4-1. We were in second, a half-game behind the idle Twins when the game started, and it kicked off a slump of eight losses in 11 games that dug the Sox their pre-All Star break hole from which they never recovered. Ritchie had beaten Hudson 10-2 in his previous start, and things were looking good until Benoit ushered in the ugly return of corpseball. The horror.