PDA

View Full Version : Sox Minor League Player of the Year

beausox
09-17-2001, 07:52 PM
Baseball America just announced Josh Beckett was there minor league player of the year. Jon Rauch won this award last year. I have posted a poll vote for who you think should be the Player of the Year for the White Sox in 2001. Keep in mind this is dealing with the minors, not major leagues (ex. Aaron Rowands Major league stats are not counted here)

doublem23
09-18-2001, 12:02 AM
Why ain't Edwin Almonte getting some love? I mean, he did set a new SL saves record. He should at very least, get mentioned....

FarWestChicago
09-18-2001, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Why ain't Edwin Almonte getting some love? I mean, he did set a new SL saves record. He should at very least, get mentioned.... Good point!

doublem23
09-18-2001, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Good point!

Thanks, FWC... I still think Borchard wins it, but Almonte is, in my opinion the runner-up, followed by Corwin Malone.

FarWestChicago
09-18-2001, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

Thanks, FWC... I still think Borchard wins it, but Almonte is, in my opinion the runner-up, followed by Corwin Malone. Can't go wrong with Joe. But, Almonte definitely at least deserved some love.

doublem23
09-18-2001, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Can't go wrong with Joe. But, Almonte definitely at least deserved some love.

http://www.barons.com/2000team/Team%20Pics/almonte.jpg
Thanks, FWC. Did you know that down here they call me the Bobby Thigpen of the Southern League? Well, I call myself that, anyways....

Borchard's got nothin' on me? Chicks don't dig the longball... Chicks dig holds & saves...

Randar68
09-18-2001, 11:53 AM
Well, POY and prospect of the year, are 2 different things. The fact that Malone did what he did coming from low A and winning game 1 of the AA playoffs for the Barons, I think he deserves Player of the Year, but Borchard is the Prospect of the year. While I don't consider SO's as big an indicator as they once were, Borchard did not hit .300, despite his ~.380 OBP....