PDA

View Full Version : Willie Harris on block

skottyj242
05-25-2004, 02:45 PM
I just overheard a co-worker say that Willie Harris was healthy enough to play this past weekend but wasn't because he's expandable now with the emergence of Juan Uribe. I can understand sitting him while he's still worth something, but what can we get for him? Anyone have any REALISTIC ideas? (Please no Carlos Beltran replies.)

ChiSox7
05-25-2004, 02:49 PM
Next year's starting SS and 2b will be Uribe and Harris. KW has stayed with Harris for forever, and he's not going to put him on the block when he finally gets going.

Tell your co-worker not to take it personally but he's not all that baseball saavy.

Willie's not going anywhere.

Cubbiesuck13
beltran

sorry, i could not help it. i hope they don't trade o'le willy. if the plan was for uribe to be the ss and harris to be the 2b then this would not make sense. i love watching this combo turn two. letting valentine walk would have drawbacks but i think it would b the best thing, freeing 5 mil and having a better D.

delben91
I don't think Willie is going anywhere. He and Uribe appear at the moment to be the Sox 2B and SS of the future. Especially if Valentin isn't re-signed (which would open up money to pursue other players).

I love the way Willie and Juan are playing right now. Realistically they probably won't stay at quite this level all season, but even something close is still great production from these two guys.

rahulsekhar
05-25-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by skottyj242
he's expandable now

Great, that's all we need.....a guy who balloons up when he's sidelined with an injury!

(j/k)

MRKARNO
I disagree with this assertion. You put Harris in center and then you can fit all of the good or at least the franchise players on the field (aka no AAAron). I really doubt that Harris is on the block.

DaveIsHere
Originally posted by ChiSox7
Next year's starting SS and 2b will be Uribe and Harris. KW has stayed with Harris for forever, and he's not going to put him on the block when he finally gets going.

Tell your co-worker not to take it personally but he's not all that baseball saavy.

Willie's not going anywhere.

Agreed, plus they are not paying him crap either, he is cheap and good the way management like them

MeanFish
05-25-2004, 02:57 PM
How about Jeff DaVanon?

(Though I'd really prefer to just keep Harris.)

kittle42
05-25-2004, 03:18 PM
I just overheard a co-worker say

Greatest....source....ever.

Randar68
05-25-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
Greatest....source....ever.

LOL, unless you work at 35th and Shields... :)

doublem23
05-25-2004, 03:44 PM
This has to be one of the more ridiculous speculations around here. Harris isn't going anywhere unless we get a guy like Beltran.

A. Cavatica
05-25-2004, 07:46 PM
Sounds plausible...we haven't dealt away a promising 2B in several months.

Saracen
05-25-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by rahulsekhar
Great, that's all we need.....a guy who balloons up when he's sidelined with an injury!

(j/k)
That's the kind of players KW likes (see David Wells) :smile:

StockdaleForVeep
05-25-2004, 10:27 PM
I just overheard a co-worker say that Willie Harris was healthy enough to play this past weekend but wasn't because he's expandable now with the emergence of Juan Uribe. I can understand sitting him while he's still worth something, but what can we get for him? Anyone have any REALISTIC ideas? (Please no Carlos Beltran replies.)

He still can always play center and pinch run for our new tub of goo PK.

Hondo
05-25-2004, 10:30 PM
Why would you sit a guy if you wanted to trade him???

So he can't screw up and lessen his trade value??

I've never seen someone who a)was playing his best ball of the season and b) wasn't some sort of clubhouse cancer sit for a week so he could be traded.

My neighbor tells me we're going to get Nomar and Pedro for a bag of balls and lollipops.

WinningUgly!
05-25-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by rahulsekhar

(j/k)

Cubbiesuck13
05-25-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

that awsome

soltrain21
05-25-2004, 11:03 PM
It looks like he goes from Willie Harris to Mike Jackson....SPOOKY!

Tragg
05-25-2004, 11:29 PM
Harris is cheap

We need to free salary so ship Valentin out of here

StockdaleForVeep
05-25-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

HAHAHAH, that almost looks like the barry bonds or sosa image of when they started and how they roided up to now.

Cubbiesuck13
05-25-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by StockdaleForVeep
HAHAHAH, that almost looks like the barry bonds or sosa image of when they started and how they roided up to now.

ITS NOT ROIDS. soso had a bad tooth. jeeze.

joeynach
05-26-2004, 01:03 AM

Wille and Uribe are going nowhere. They are our future SS and 2b. They can soon become a feared 1 2 punch at the top of the lineup with high contact hitting and speed. Something this team can thrive on with Maggs, Frank, Paulie, and Carlos behind them.