PDA

View Full Version : Cbs Sportsline

bennyw41
05-25-2004, 01:50 PM
If you go to cbssportsline.com, the main poll on the front page is on the Sox.

Palehose13
05-25-2004, 02:04 PM
That's great! A top story, pic of Oz, and a poll! :D: Although, i don't agree with the majority of people that voted in the poll.
Thanks for the heads up!

bennyw41
05-25-2004, 02:58 PM
When i took it, i was maggs by a landslide, what's your opinoin on the matter?

MRKARNO
05-25-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by bennyw41
what's your opinoin on the matter?

Thomas by a landslide

Palehose13
05-25-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Thomas by a landslide

Yup, that is my opinion. Maggs may be putting up the better numbers now, but out of the four listed when the game is on the line...IMO, Thomas is the most dnagerous hitter. That is who I voted for, but Maggs was ahead by a landslide.

MRKARNO
05-25-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
Yup, that is my opinion. Maggs may be putting up the better numbers now, but out of the four listed when the game is on the line...IMO, Thomas is the most dnagerous hitter. That is who I voted for, but Maggs was ahead by a landslide.

Anyone who can appreciate the importance of OBP or even OPS will tell you this. Thomas makes our offense go because he's on base nearly half the time, plus he's a bigger threat when actually being pitched to. He gets no pitches. When he's able to work the walks, he hits better, but when he gets the K's more often than the walks, he hits worse and his average falls off.

Palehose13
05-25-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Anyone who can appreciate the importance of OBP or even OPS will tell you this. Thomas makes our offense go because he's on base nearly half the time, plus he's a bigger threat when actually being pitched to. He gets no pitches. When he's able to work the walks, he hits better, but when he gets the K's more often than the walks, he hits worse and his average falls off.

That's why he's more of a threat. :D: IMO, this was more apparent this year because even though he wasn't hitting well at the start of the season he was drawing a lot of walks...seeing pitches (his teammates too) and wearing out the opposition. It seems that he is warming up a bit and I think he will be a huge threat come mid-June. Hopefully CLee can keep hitting, so pitchers don't have the option of pitching around Frank.