PDA

View Full Version : Ladewski in the Southtown

delben91
05-25-2004, 11:10 AM
I looked around the clubhouse board and didn't see this anywhere. It's a nice piece by Paul Ladewski about Ozzie and KW being laid-back yet determined guys and how they're just the right type to make this team win.

Full article. (http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/columns/ladewski/x25-lad1.htm)

One line that caught my eye towards the bottom that wasn't really the focus of the piece...

Something tells me Williams isn't done yet, either. Negotiations with Magglio Ordonez have gone nowhere in recent weeks, and the right fielder could be moved in a blockbuster trade for a No. 1 starter or a top-of-the-line center fielder.

Intriguing. I don't want to see Maggs go, but I'd like to know what type of players we're talking about getting in return before I shot it down.

DaveIsHere
05-25-2004, 11:19 AM
Nice to get a little press once in a while, I like that article it really outlines the changed attitude and outlook I believe this team has, and we all knjow that K-Dub always has something up his sleave.

joeynach
05-25-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by delben91
I looked around the clubhouse board and didn't see this anywhere. It's a nice piece by Paul Ladewski about Ozzie and KW being laid-back yet determined guys and how they're just the right type to make this team win.

Full article. (http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/columns/ladewski/x25-lad1.htm)

One line that caught my eye towards the bottom that wasn't really the focus of the piece...

Intriguing. I don't want to see Maggs go, but I'd like to know what type of players we're talking about getting in return before I shot it down.

I do not beleive Maggs will be traded at all. He will either be resigned or go to the highest bidder in the offseason. KW doesn't want another Joe Boarchard or Jeremy Reed Experiment in right field as we are trying to make a run down the stretch. Wihtout maggs in there during the stretch this lineup looses a lot of solidarity. No more experiments this year, and i beleive KW knows this. The kids will get a shot when its their turn, but when your trying to make run its not their turn.

Irishsox1
05-25-2004, 12:55 PM
Maggs has shown that he can produce every year and is worth the long term deal. I hope that the Sox sign him for a 6 year deal, because he is worth it.

MRKARNO
05-25-2004, 01:10 PM
The thing about Maggs is that he doesnt really go on big slumps. Maggs pretty much is going to be very good all the time consistantly every single year. .300+ 30+ HR 100RBI+ are almost guarenteed on a yearly basis. He is probably the most consistant hitter in baseball. If Maggs could yield us Finley AND Johnson somehow with some prospects thrown in or a combo of good players or some situation where we could get a good RFer for this year then I might be for it. I'm not so sure that Maggs going out of this lineup will hurt us as much as Thomas not being in this lineup.