PDA

View Full Version : sox-cubs tickets

soxwon
05-24-2004, 11:14 PM
i was talking with my season ticket rep today.
i asked him , because im a season holder, would i be able to get extra tix for the cubs- sox series.
he said they are going to close down the season tix package, thru the june games soon.
therefore the remaining seats (cubs series) will More THAN LIKELY, be offered to season tix holders (27 game plan or larger)first, before going public.
this ensures MAINLY sox fans get the seats.
he said call back 2nd week of june, for more info.

TDog
05-25-2004, 01:54 AM
When interleague play started, and the Sox required purchasing other tickets to get Cubs game tickets (I don't know exactly how it worked as I lived in Arizona at the time), Harry Caray was talking on the WGN broadcasts about Cubs fans needing to boycott the games at Comiskey. Apparently a lot of Sox fans disagreed at the time, but maybe if it kept Cubs fans out of those games, it might not have been a bad idea.

MarqSox
05-25-2004, 07:21 AM
FYI, if you're looking for Cubs-Sox tickets, there are many decent seats to be had on StubHub.com. You've got to pay above face value, obviously, but you can find some better deals than you can on eBay.

Clembasbal
05-25-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by MarqSox
FYI, if you're looking for Cubs-Sox tickets, there are many decent seats to be had on StubHub.com. You've got to pay above face value, obviously, but you can find some better deals than you can on eBay.

I agree, I put whatever games I can't attend on that website...and my seats are front row!! (left field).

Anyway, we are a partial season ticker holder family and we already got our Sox/Cubs tickets...you better make sure this guy is not avoiding you because you should have them already.

ewokpelts
05-25-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by TDog
When interleague play started, and the Sox required purchasing other tickets to get Cubs game tickets (I don't know exactly how it worked as I lived in Arizona at the time), Harry Caray was talking on the WGN broadcasts about Cubs fans needing to boycott the games at Comiskey. Apparently a lot of Sox fans disagreed at the time, but maybe if it kept Cubs fans out of those games, it might not have been a bad idea.

Gallas screwed up that time. They said that the only way to get in was to but a 4game pack. If i were marketing, I woul dhave said to sox fans " We want to KEEP CUBS FANS OUT. This is a reward for you guys being loyal fans". Mind you, I would have made the other 3 games half off monday games. Only the most cubbie obsessed and brokers would have bought it aside from sox fans. And the extra 3 games would be dumped at cheep prices later, since the aformentioned brokers would have no use for the tix after the flub series.
Gene

minastirith67
05-25-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Clembasbal
I agree, I put whatever games I can't attend on that website...and my seats are front row!! (left field).

Anyway, we are a partial season ticker holder family and we already got our Sox/Cubs tickets...you better make sure this guy is not avoiding you because you should have them already.

Unless you want to make a pretty penny, you should sell the tickets here on WSI. That way, you can almost assure it will fall into the hands of a Sox fan. Just a thought.

soxwon
05-25-2004, 04:54 PM
[

i have my tickets already, im just wanting more seats for the series, and season tix holders get first dibs

steff
05-25-2004, 04:57 PM

Something sick to me about Sox fans charging other Sox fans OVER face value for tickets... JMO.

MarqSox
05-25-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by steff
Something sick to me about Sox fans charging other Sox fans OVER face value for tickets... JMO.
Who said I'm selling? Au contraire, I bought mine there. I'm just trying to help a brotha out ... I mentioned it because I'd rather see people here buy them than people on the other side of town.

pinwheels3530
05-25-2004, 05:44 PM

Well if I am going to sell my tickets ti Friday's game, I'll do it on stubhub and above face value. My son needs dental work done and I have to find some way to pay for it. :o:

steff
05-25-2004, 09:06 PM
Who said I'm selling? Au contraire, I bought mine there. I'm just trying to help a brotha out ... I mentioned it because I'd rather see people here buy them than people on the other side of town.

I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to the seller.

steff
05-25-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by pinwheels3530
Well if I am going to sell my tickets ti Friday's game, I'll do it on stubhub and above face value. My son needs dental work done and I have to find some way to pay for it. :o:

Good luck... paying for your son's dental care with the money you hope to make off of selling the season tickets you bought... why not just pay for... ehhh.. nevermind.

IowaHawksFan1
05-26-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by TDog

Since I live in Iowa (and a college student) it is hard to get to Chicago for many games. I usually attend 7-8 games a year. However, I bought Cubs/Sox's tixs a day before the game last year through the whitesox's website (they link you to ticketmaster) at face value, plus the outragous fees ticketmaster charges. I had seats about half way up the upper deck on the first base side on the aisle. This year since I saw you could buy the tixs in the 9 game package, I bought them that way to ensure that I could get tixs to this series. I can't speak for years past, but last year you could buy them a few days before the games on the official Sox's site. But at least last year you didn't have to buy a package in order to get the tixs for the Cubs/Sox series.

pinwheels3530
05-26-2004, 12:12 PM
Good luck... paying for your son's dental care with the money you hope to make off of selling the season tickets you bought... why not just pay for... ehhh.. nevermind.

Didn't know he needed the work until after I paid for my season tickets, but your right should have made a better financial decision

steff
05-26-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by pinwheels3530
Didn't know he needed the work until after I paid for my season tickets, but your right should have made a better financial decision

And PW.. I tried not to sound like an ass in posting that. If I did, I'm sorry. It's just my opinion that selling to other Sox fans for a profit stinks like the Cubs scam. There are a lot of times we can't use our tickets and sometimes we don't even charge others for them. It's a good feeling to give someone who wouldn't have the opportunity to go otherwise. No big deal. To each his own.

pinwheels3530
05-26-2004, 12:25 PM
And PW.. I tried not to sound like an ass in posting that. If I did, I'm sorry. It's just my opinion that selling to other Sox fans for a profit stinks like the Cubs scam. There are a lot of times we can't use our tickets and sometimes we don't even charge others for them. It's a good feeling to give someone who wouldn't have the opportunity to go otherwise. No big deal. To each his own.

Thanks Steff I feel better now :smile:

soxwon
06-14-2004, 04:40 PM
was on the horn with my rep today, i ordered single game seats for the sox- cubs series,
they are selling to season ticket holders only it appears.
dont know where the seats are, my rep will call when the order goes through the box office.
so if you want tix find a friend who has a season ticket( i believe 27 games or more) plan.
they simply want as few cubs fans there as possible.

Rocky Soprano
06-14-2004, 04:51 PM
Any season ticket holder up to helping me get two tickets to Friday's June 25th game?

Please send me a PM or e-mail.

Thanks.

Hondo
06-14-2004, 04:56 PM
Any season ticket holder up to helping me get two tickets to Friday's June 25th game?

Thanks.
I'd be willing to drive in for the Saturday game if anyone has tickets.

I went to stubhub.com and would like to use that as a last resort.

I would just need one ticket.

PM me or send an email.

Peace

steff
06-14-2004, 04:57 PM
I'd be willing to drive in for the Saturday game if anyone has tickets.

I went to stubhub.com and would like to use that as a last resort.

I would just need one ticket.

PM me or send an email.

Peace

Drive in. Stop for a beer at jimbo's about noon. There will be plenty of single tickets avaliable.

Hondo
06-14-2004, 05:00 PM
Drive in. Stop for a beer at jimbo's about noon. There will be plenty of single tickets avaliable.
Really?? How so???

I'm there. Anyone wanna share a few grins over a beer, I'll see you there.

Peace

steff
06-14-2004, 05:02 PM
Really?? How so???

I'm there. Anyone wanna share a few grins over a beer, I'll see you there.

Peace

Brokers are out there every year trying to dump the ones they didn't sell. A group of guys in my office do this every year. They always get lowers and have never paid much over face and a couple times under (if you want to wait till the end of the first inning). But you have to be willing to sit alone as they rarely have a set.

Hondo
06-14-2004, 05:04 PM
Brokers are out there every year trying to dump the ones they didn't sell. A group of guys in my office do this every year. They always get lowers and have never paid much over face and a couple times under (if you want to wait till the end of the first inning). But you have to be willing to sit alone as they rarely have a set.
I'm anti-social, Steff. Sitting alone is fine by me. :D:

Thanks for the info

Peace

hose
06-14-2004, 05:15 PM

Thanks.
Rocky I will sell you the 2 tickets at the same price that I bought from Ewokpelts for that game.

$23 a piece ....only problem is Ewokpelts has my money and my tickets.

I started a thread in the other section to see whats going on with the game/tickets.

I can't get off work :whiner: for the game.

soxwon
06-14-2004, 05:26 PM
who among you is a season ticket holder?
have you talked to your rep yet?

steff
06-15-2004, 07:49 AM
who among you is a season ticket holder?
have you talked to your rep yet?

I am, but we got all we needed already and don't want to take away from another ST holder by requesting more. I'll shoot him an email and ask about avaliability though.

Rocky Soprano
06-15-2004, 08:29 AM
Rocky I will sell you the 2 tickets at the same price that I bought from Ewokpelts for that game.

$23 a piece ....only problem is Ewokpelts has my money and my tickets.

I started a thread in the other section to see whats going on with the game/tickets.

I can't get off work :whiner: for the game.
Hose,

Just replied to your PM.

Thanks!

Cellview22
06-15-2004, 11:04 AM
I've already asked to take off work Friday, June 25th even though I don't have a ticket yet. I'll be down there even if I don't have one by then.

If anyone has an extra single, please keep me in mind. I've never been to a Cubs/Sox game, and this year I'm determined to get in.

steff
06-15-2004, 12:04 PM
I was told they are being released as some buyers CC's are being denied. They have no idea how many are/will be avaliable, so I guess just keep calling and asking..?

sas1974
06-15-2004, 01:48 PM
For what it's worth, this is the reply I received from my rep when I asked about extra cubs tix floating around:

Sean-
Ahh... the rumor mill. The executive office controls all tickets for
this series at this point for team requests, VIP's, owners, investors,
players families, etc. I would guess most, if not all of them, will be
used up. If they're not, they would be released to Ticketmaster the
morning/day of the game. I am not authorized to sell these so I won't be
notified.

Good luck!

ewokpelts
06-15-2004, 04:31 PM
For what it's worth, this is the reply I received from my rep when I asked about extra cubs tix floating around:
Yeah...I bought some yesterday. From the Sox.
Gene

sas1974
06-15-2004, 04:42 PM
Yeah...I bought some yesterday. From the Sox.
Gene
At the box office?

soxwon
06-16-2004, 04:31 PM
i just received my tickets today, thru my rep/ via the box office

fri- sec 163 row 2 $31
sat sec 156 row 10 $33
sun sec 159 row8 $33

hawkjt
06-16-2004, 05:09 PM
If anyone has extras for the Friday or Sunday cubs series games I would appreciate it greatly if they would contact me. I have a cousin in with his twin sons and we got Sat but out of luck on Friday and Sunday. My e-mail is njjtharrold@aol.com Thanks

minastirith67
06-16-2004, 07:44 PM
I'm a noob, so I'm supposing that Jimbo's is a bar near Comiskey?

Best way to get a single game ticket at face-value or less is there before/during the game then?

G-Ville Sox
06-17-2004, 10:40 AM
I know this is probably beating a dead horse....but i also am looking for a few tickets to friday or sundays game next week. I really want to be in the stands when Mr. Zero strikes out Sammy for a White Sox winner... let me know if anyone can help me out....point me in the right direction.

Go Sox
:gulp:

Blob
06-17-2004, 10:56 AM

I am a partial season ticket holder and in left field first row. What ticket plan are you on? I think ours in plan B, the weekday games.

IlliniSox
06-17-2004, 11:30 AM
I know this is probably beating a dead horse....but i also am looking for a few tickets to friday or sundays game next week. I really want to be in the stands when Mr. Zero strikes out Sammy for a White Sox winner... let me know if anyone can help me out....point me in the right direction.

Go Sox

Ebay Amigo, I got 3 Friday Bleachers for $40 apiece. Hurry up though!

G-Ville Sox
06-17-2004, 02:29 PM
Ebay Amigo, I got 3 Friday Bleachers for $40 apiece. Hurry up though

You have them on EBay...or you can i get them from you right now?!

IlliniSox
06-17-2004, 02:49 PM
Ebay Amigo, I got 3 Friday Bleachers for $40 apiece. Hurry up though

You have them on EBay...or you can i get them from you right now?!

Sorry you misunderstood me, I bought 3 on Ebay. There's a bunch over there. The Wrigley games are muy expensive, but the game at the Cell are a little better.

G-Ville Sox
06-17-2004, 02:55 PM
Sorry you misunderstood me, I bought 3 on Ebay. There's a bunch over there. The Wrigley games are muy expensive, but the game at the Cell are a little better.

Not a problem...yeah i have been looking on ebay...i already grabbed a pair for the july 4th game....we will see how it goes.

jabrch
06-17-2004, 03:11 PM
Stubhub.com also - I like it better than e-bay - certainly for top quality tickets.