PDA

View Full Version : CBS Sportsline Power Rankings 5/24

jenmcm76
05-24-2004, 08:54 PM
Hey all, for those of you who get steamed at the power rankings that have all the same teams at the top week after week, check out this week's CBS Sportsline power rankings. The featured team is none other than our beloved Sox (who are #6 this week), and there's a nice article about Ozzie's effect on the team.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/powerrankings

pjthesox13
05-24-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by jenmcm76
Hey all, for those of you who get steamed at the power rankings that have all the same teams at the top week after week, check out this week's CBS Sportsline power rankings. The featured team is none other than our beloved Sox (who are #6 this week), and there's a nice article about Ozzie's effect on the team.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/powerrankings

Crazy that CBS has moved us from 13th to 6th in one week. Sox in the media with good article. The one thing about these rankings though is don't mind reading them or using them but the ONE thing to me is the Sox are playing some good ball right now and that's what we need to keep up with.

soxtalker
05-24-2004, 09:47 PM
Take a look at the last two teams in the ranking -- the Indians and the Royals.

nychisox
05-24-2004, 09:50 PM
wow...6th??? about time they gave us some credit...and as far as guillen playing some salsa music....lets all dance sha'll we :gulp: :gulp:

MarqSox
05-24-2004, 10:48 PM
In what plane of existence are the Cubs the second-best team in baseball?

MRKARNO
05-24-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
In what plane of existence are the Cubs the second-best team in baseball?

I dont know, but any rankings at this point has to go

1. Anaheim
2. Red Sox
3-?: Very debatable list of 8-10 teams

soxwon
05-24-2004, 11:21 PM
ok after we defeat texas and anaheim 4 games to 2 this week, willwe be #1

BKozi
05-24-2004, 11:39 PM
I was just about to post that link. That is a really good article. It's nice to see national media shedding a positive light on the Sox. I agree that the Cubs at 2 is a joke. I realize it's still early, but how does a team get ranked 7 spots ahead of the team that's leading their division? I think that right now the Cubs, Sox, and Phillies should be in a tie for 4 or 5.

Blueprint1
05-24-2004, 11:47 PM
You know before the cubs took two out of three from the Cardinals they lost two out of three to the mighty Giants.

Realist
05-24-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
I dont know, but any rankings at this point has to go

1. Anaheim
2. Red Sox
3-?: Very debatable list of 8-10 teams

Yeah, but Texas at number 12? I find that hard to believe. If they had us number 12, we'd be pissed.

lowesox
05-25-2004, 12:33 AM
I've never understood those rankings. Are they based on future momentum or past results? Usually, I find I totally disagree wth just about every slot on their lists.

MeanFish
05-25-2004, 01:57 PM
I'd like to defend the Sportsline rankings for a moment and say that they've been spot on pretty much all year. Sure there are a few opinion differences, but nothing is grossly wrong. Sure we were down to 14th, but that was at the tail end of our slump a couple weeks ago when we were playing how do you say...badly. You simply couldn't argue with it at the time.

Cleveland is only low because they've lost so many this week. When we're beating good teams, we're being ranked fairly. What more can you ask for? :)

ESPN's rankings, on the other hand, are a complete sham.

Sports Illustrated's are alright.