PDA

View Full Version : Uribe interview on the Score

AOEllis
05-24-2004, 08:23 PM
Did any one else catch that interview with Mike Mulligan either sunday or this afternoon on the Boers and Mulligan show?

C-Dawg
05-24-2004, 08:30 PM
It was a great interview! Couldn't understand a thing he said, but he was so full of energy and enthusiasm I just couldn't help but like the guy.

Blueprint1
05-24-2004, 08:31 PM
Yeah i was not sure if it was a joke or not. Some show earlier in the week was playing sound clips of him. The bit was called ask Juan anything. You can't understand a word.

batmanZoSo
05-24-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
Yeah i was not sure if it was a joke or not. Some show earlier in the week was playing sound clips of him. The bit was called ask Juan anything. You can't understand a word.

He's a hell of a player. He can play any position in the infield, bat anywhere in the order, great defense, has a cannon for an arm, turns the double play great, takes a decent amount of pitches, and he's consistent with the bat.

pjthesox13
05-24-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
He's a hell of a player. He can play any position in the infield, bat anywhere in the order, great defense, has a cannon for an arm, turns the double play great, takes a decent amount of pitches, and he's consistent with the bat.

I think he bats better in the top of the lineup but maybe that's just me. But great player for the Sox so far, defintely need him in there wherever.

jabrch
05-24-2004, 09:16 PM
Where are all the Aaron Miles fans now?

pjthesox13
05-24-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by jabrch

They're crying in Colorado

Randar68
05-24-2004, 09:31 PM

Waiting for the FOC to join them in the afterlife for "Friends of"...

FOC, the Friends of Versatile, Friends of Buddy, and Friends of Miles await you at the great table...

illiniwhitesox
05-24-2004, 09:52 PM
Can't believe I never hear Baseball Tonight reference him as the pickup of the year.

Blueprint1
05-24-2004, 09:59 PM
Baseball Tonight all be ignores the sox completely. Yesterday they were almost the last game they showed. I have yet to hear any of them say, "Hey maybe we were wrong about the Whitesox." They all but gave the division to the KC Royals. Peter Gammons makes all these wild predictions at the beginning of the season like, "Bonds will finish the year batting .400." Everyone forgets he makes these statements at the end of the season. I head him on AM1000 today praising the Cubs, Red Sox, Texas Rangers. No word on the first place Whitesox though.

sas1974
05-24-2004, 10:16 PM

I don't know where all of the Miles fans are, but if they want to see him, they'll have to go to a AAA Sky Sox game to do it.

SOXSINCE'70
05-24-2004, 10:17 PM
Baseball Tonight all be ignores the sox completely. Yesterday they were almost the last game they showed. I have yet to hear any of them say, "Hey maybe we were wrong about the Whitesox." They all but gave the division to the KC Royals. Peter Gammons makes all these wild predictions at the beginning of the season like, "Bonds will finish the year batting .400." Everyone forgets he makes these statements at the end of the season. I head him on AM1000 today praising the Cubs, Red Sox, Texas Rangers. No word on the first place Whitesox though.

He's an eastern based Bah-ston native.What do you expect??
The Sox will always be second.They're not fuzzy and lovable.
Sox fans actually care if the team wins or loses.Lets see the new
generation of scrUBbie fan stay sober and care about the outcome of a game.
:angry: :angry:

MarqSox
05-24-2004, 10:45 PM
Peter Gammons makes all these wild predictions at the beginning of the season like, "Bonds will finish the year batting .400." Everyone forgets he makes these statements at the end of the season.
He knows what he's doing. He makes a bunch of outlandish statements that everyone will forget, but if any of them actually stick, he can pull it out later and say "see, I called it."

It's the same reason I pick a 15 seed to go to the Sweet 16 in the NCAA Tournament every season. One of these days I'll call it and I'll tell everyone I'm a genius.

davidleeroth
05-25-2004, 12:29 AM
all i understood from the interview was, ''thank you, thank you, thank you'' at the end

sti3
05-28-2004, 01:31 PM
Someone put the nugget in my head that Uribe's on the juice. The timing certainly seems weird, but he's listed at 175 on espn.com and he's way bigger than that--the guy's a rock now. I realy hope it's not true, but I can certainly see it.

Palehose13
05-28-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by sti3
Someone put the nugget in my head that Uribe's on the juice. The timing certainly seems weird, but he's listed at 175 on espn.com and he's way bigger than that--the guy's a rock now. I realy hope it's not true, but I can certainly see it.

There was a caller around 11am on Boers and Hanley that questioned why Uribe would have 16HRs in 900AB's in Colorado and now have 7 HR's in 158 AB's here. I had the feeling that he may have been hinting at juice. However, you don't get a high BA from juice, you get that from talent. Who knows? It was rumored that Uribe didn't "fit" well with the Colorado coaching staff. Maybe he found his niche with Guillen and Walker. I'm not going to worry about him being on juice til he starts hitting 50-60 HR's.

maurice
05-28-2004, 04:44 PM
This is very silly. The theory requires you to believe that a MLB player started takling steroids at the same time the MLB cranked up it's steroid testing, resulting in a 100-point increase in his batting AVE. The truth is, Uribe always had power but didn't make as much contact, hence the AVE increase.

It's not unusual for a player as young as Uribe to make a jump in this regard, though it's unlikely he'll finish the year around .350. The change-of-scenery argument is persuasive, as well.

sti3
06-01-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by maurice
This is very silly. The theory requires you to believe that a MLB player started takling steroids at the same time the MLB cranked up it's steroid testing, resulting in a 100-point increase in his batting AVE.

MLB's steroid testing policy is still a joke, cranked up or not.

It's not unusual for a player as young as Uribe to make a jump in this regard, though it's unlikely he'll finish the year around .350. The change-of-scenery argument is persuasive, as well.
I'd certainly like to be very wrong on this. I guess I'm just a pessimist--Tejada-calibre players (which Uribe seems to be so far, this past lousy weekend notwithstanding) just don't seem to come the Sox' way.