PDA

View Full Version : Do players visit WSI?


lowesox
05-24-2004, 02:17 PM
I was wondering this yesterday when a couple guys we've been down on lately (Lee, Rowand) came through in a major way. I'm sure there are WSIers out there (Phil Rogers perhaps) who would know which Sox players visit WSI if any.

I think if I was a player, I'd be even more interested to hear what the fans have to say. In fact, if I were a betting man, I'd bet some post here too.

Kadafi311
05-24-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
I was wondering this yesterday when a couple guys we've been down on lately (Lee, Rowand) came through in a major way. I'm sure there are WSIers out there (Phil Rogers perhaps) who would know which Sox players visit WSI if any.

I think if I was a player, I'd be even more interested to hear what the fans have to say. In fact, if I were a betting man, I'd bet some post here too.

I wouldn't doubt it. People are always interested in what other people have to say about them, it's human nature. Don't quote me, but last I checked, baseball players were human, or at least, humanoid. :smile:

Iwritecode
05-24-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Kadafi311
I wouldn't doubt it. People are always interested in what other people have to say about them, it's human nature. Don't quote me, but last I checked, baseball players were human, or at least, humanoid. :smile:

In one thread Brooks Boyer mentioned that he reads WSI.

A number of local sports writers are here (Grobber, John Kass, etc...) and also Dave Willis who always gives the site props on the radio.

The site has become well-known enough that I have no doubt in my mind that some if not all the players know about it...

Hokiesox
05-24-2004, 03:08 PM
Does that mean they pay attention to the weirdo trade proposals some of us come up with? That would be bad. I love all people who wear the black and silver.

jackbrohamer
05-24-2004, 03:51 PM
IIRC there was a player in the Sox camp this spring training that posted here a couple of times. Someone ripped into him & I haven't seen him since

Randar68
05-24-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by jackbrohamer
IIRC there was a player in the Sox camp this spring training that posted here a couple of times. Someone ripped into him & I haven't seen him since

LOL, when did that happen?

PS> I'm pretty sure SEALgep is Aaron Rowand, LOL! :D:

Iwritecode
05-24-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by jackbrohamer
IIRC there was a player in the Sox camp this spring training that posted here a couple of times. Someone ripped into him & I haven't seen him since

I vaguely remember something like that.

The biggest problem is that anyone can claim to be anybody while on here. It's hard to prove you are really who you say you are...

Chisox353014
05-24-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
I vaguely remember something like that.

The biggest problem is that anyone can claim to be anybody while on here. It's hard to prove you are really who you say you are...

On a related note....I'm Batman. Just so you guys know.

I know it's been confirmed that several players and players' relatives post from time to time on Illiniboard.com, so it wouldn't surprise me to hear that some Sox players are at least lurking here.

Unregistered
05-24-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
I vaguely remember something like that.

The biggest problem is that anyone can claim to be anybody while on here. It's hard to prove you are really who you say you are... Yeah, this guy: BMAC3520 (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=326912#post326912) Made mention of being in Spring Training this year and working out w/ Prior, among others...

SoxOnTop
05-24-2004, 04:11 PM
If they do read this and post on this site, I'm sure they don't do it for very long. I'm pretty sure we've ripped up just about every player on the team... ... multiple times.

Paulwny
05-24-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by SoxOnTop
If they do read this and post on this site, I'm sure they don't do it for very long. I'm pretty sure we've ripped up just about every player on the team... ... multiple times.

I may be wrong but, I believe we didn't say anything bad about the bull pen catcher.

Randar68
05-24-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by SoxOnTop
If they do read this and post on this site, I'm sure they don't do it for very long. I'm pretty sure we've ripped up just about every player on the team... ... multiple times.

With this many avid and casual fans in one place, it's almost inevitable. Most know it comes with the territory. Rocky Biddle's dad and mom participated in chats and such, and were very laid back and cool. I still think they're around on occassion.

Randar68
05-24-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
I may be wrong but, I believe we didn't say anything bad about the bull pen catcher.

I've heard people put Man Soo Lee down before. I even heard people chanting "BRUCE-LEE! BRUCE-LEE! BRUCE-LEE!" at him at games. Pretty disrespectful.

Whitesox029
05-24-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
I was wondering this yesterday when a couple guys we've been down on lately (Lee, Rowand) came through in a major way. I'm sure there are WSIers out there (Phil Rogers perhaps) who would know which Sox players visit WSI if any.

I think if I was a player, I'd be even more interested to hear what the fans have to say. In fact, if I were a betting man, I'd bet some post here too.
If this is the case, we'd better be a little more careful about bashing players here.....we don't want the Danton effect to carry over to baseball if you know what I mean.
Secondly, to Paul Konerko if he visits:
I'm behind you 100%, Paulie! Keep hittin' so I can tell certain WSIers that they were wrong about you!!

Palehose13
05-24-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
With this many avid and casual fans in one place, it's almost inevitable. Most know it comes with the territory. Rocky Biddle's dad and mom participated in chats and such, and were very laid back and cool. I still think they're around on occassion.

Yup, yup. Met Mr. Biddle and Rocky's step mom a few years back when they were in Chi-town. However, I mostly saw them posting at the mlb site. I didn't know that they were here.

32nd&Wallace
05-24-2004, 05:02 PM
Does Willsy have a user name? I also wouldnt be surprised if Kenny has poked his head in here a few times seeing how sensitive he is to criticism.

Chisoxfn
05-24-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
I was wondering this yesterday when a couple guys we've been down on lately (Lee, Rowand) came through in a major way. I'm sure there are WSIers out there (Phil Rogers perhaps) who would know which Sox players visit WSI if any.

I think if I was a player, I'd be even more interested to hear what the fans have to say. In fact, if I were a betting man, I'd bet some post here too.

To be honest, if I was a player, I think I would try to forget what the fans wanted to say. I think Sox fans are some of the most ansiest (I'm sure I botched the spelling) fans I've ever seen and they can really get down on a player in a short time.

The last thing I would want to see if I was Arow was a bunch of people telling me how much I suck. But thats just my mindset.

southsidegirl
05-24-2004, 05:12 PM
If they do.....I LOVE YOU OZZIE! I LOVE YOU FRANK! I LOVE YOU MAGGS! I LOVE YOU MARK! I LOVE YOU JON! I LOVE YOU NEAL! CARLOS! YOU'RE MY IDOL!

Ok I'm done.......

RedPinStripes
05-24-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by southsidegirl
If they do.....I LOVE YOU OZZIE! I LOVE YOU FRANK! I LOVE YOU MAGGS! I LOVE YOU MARK! I LOVE YOU JON! I LOVE YOU NEAL! CARLOS! YOU'RE MY IDOL!

Ok I'm done.......

Get a new Idol. Carlos is an airhead and he sucks! Even after yesterday's game.

And my real name is Lamar Hoyt.

Chisoxfn
05-24-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Get a new Idol. Carlos is an airhead and he sucks! Even after yesterday's game.

And my real name is Lamar Hoyt.
Lol, good to see Carlos is still one of your fav's RPS :D:

illiniwhitesox
05-24-2004, 11:27 PM
It's funny that you started this thread b/c I am actually Lamarr Hoyt.


No wait, I was him yesterday. Today I think I will be Floyd Bannister.

Whitesox029
05-24-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by southsidegirl
If they do.....I LOVE YOU OZZIE! I LOVE YOU FRANK! I LOVE YOU MAGGS! I LOVE YOU MARK! I LOVE YOU JON! I LOVE YOU NEAL! CARLOS! YOU'RE MY IDOL!

Ok I'm done.......
You've forgotten someone
:walnuts

soxwon
05-24-2004, 11:52 PM
[
PS> I'm pretty sure SEALgep is Aaron Rowand, LOL! :D: [/B


I THINK whitesox wilkes is really Billy Koch. lol

TornLabrum
05-24-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by soxwon
[
PS> I'm pretty sure SEALgep is Aaron Rowand, LOL! :D: [/B


I THINK whitesox wilkes is really Billy Koch. lol

I'll tell you what. I'm actually Ozzie Guillen.

RedPinStripes
05-25-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
I'll tell you what. I'm actually Ozzie Guillen.

If i can score a few hits of acid, I'll be Chet Lemon. :D:

lowesox
05-25-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by 32nd&Wallace
Does Willsy have a user name? I also wouldnt be surprised if Kenny has poked his head in here a few times seeing how sensitive he is to criticism.

I'll bet Kenny visits WSI more than once a day. In fact, I remember reading him saying that he's always looking at message boards for ideas on trades and player movements. I think if you were a GM you'd be crazy not too. After all, you've got about 1000 Armchair General managers, every now and again, one of us has to have something valid to say.

RKMeibalane
05-25-2004, 12:54 AM
I'm Royce Clayton!

batmanZoSo
05-25-2004, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum


I'll tell you what. I'm actually Ozzie Guillen.


Originally posted by RedPinStripes


If i can score a few hits of acid, I'll be Chet Lemon. :D:


Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I'm Royce Clayton!

I'm Batman...

Meixner007
05-25-2004, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
I'm Batman...

Great SNL Skit

Iwritecode
05-25-2004, 09:46 AM
I am Tiger Woods.

The Big Squirt
05-25-2004, 10:02 AM
OK...I'll fess up - I am Jerry.

I have just been telling you all that I am a teacher to support the fact that I have no money and cannot spend to bring in a top free agent or retain any of our own.
:reinsy

Hokiesox
05-25-2004, 10:03 AM
OK, I'll continue the trend.

I'm the real slim shady.

Cubbiesuck13
05-25-2004, 10:14 AM
how many posters disappear during the games? every game, because i am sure a few of you acually go to the games, once in a while.


i doubt the hispanic speaking players would visit message boards. i know that my spelling is horrible i would hate to try and decipher it.


is their WSI in espanol?


it makes sense that brooks would visit different sites to get a feel for what the fans want.

34 Inch Stick
05-25-2004, 01:14 PM
The administration of the Sox would be crazy not to monitor the board. The players would be crazy if they did.

1951Campbell
05-25-2004, 01:21 PM
:jaime

"I still lurk here. *Sniff* You guys are mean!"

steff
05-25-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by 1951Campbell
:jaime

"I still lurk here.



Him and Lyle Mouton :D:

the_valenstache
05-25-2004, 01:48 PM
In light of recent outrageous claims, I'd like to clear up that I'm not actually Jose Valentin's mustache.

But, I do know a guy who has an uncle that dated a girl that once groomed it, so I could probably relay any messages you might have.

Hangar18
05-25-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Cubbiesuck13



is their WSI in espanol?



Message to Jose Valentin: No Sirves

Cubbiesuck13
05-25-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by the_valenstache
In light of recent outrageous claims, I'd like to clear up that I'm not actually Jose Valentin's mustache.

But, I do know a guy who has an uncle that dated a girl that once groomed it, so I could probably relay any messages you might have.


post of the day, hands down

whitesoxwilkes
05-25-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by soxwon
[
PS> I'm pretty sure SEALgep is Aaron Rowand, LOL! :D: [/B


I THINK whitesox wilkes is really Billy Koch. lol

Chicks dig the long ball...except when you're the one giving it up.

Realist
05-25-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
The administration of the Sox would be crazy not to monitor the board. The players would be crazy if they did.

You're exactly right.