PDA

View Full Version : Parking?

Jurr
05-24-2004, 01:37 PM
I'm making my yearly pilgrimage from Memphis to Chicago to catch 4 games (Texas series and Fri vs. Anaheim)....where is the best place to park nowadays?

A.T. Money
05-24-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Jurr
I'm making my yearly pilgrimage from Memphis to Chicago to catch 4 games (Texas series and Fri vs. Anaheim)....where is the best place to park nowadays?

Probably at the park....15 bucks I think.

Palehose13
05-24-2004, 01:52 PM

The best place to park is the "police parking" on the street just outside of gate 2. However, even I have lost my connections :(: so I usually park in the lot off of 37th.

jabrch
05-24-2004, 01:52 PM

I'd say park wherever you are sleeping - and take public transportation if it is an option. But to answer the question, you'd have to tell us where you are staying while here.

Jerko
05-24-2004, 01:53 PM
If you don't mind paying 16 beans, you can park in the lot on 37th and Princeton. It's "connected" to the right field area of the park (bullpen bar, stadium club entrances) and you don't have to cross any streets or anything. There are lots like 5 blocks away that charge 15 so for an extra buck you're in an official lot at least.

Try this if you're gonna use an "official" lot

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ballpark/cws_ballpark_directions.jsp[/URL]

doublem23
05-24-2004, 01:53 PM
If you're willing to cough up the money, the stadium lots are the best, but they are expensive. If not, you can hunt around the surrounding neighborhood for street parking. I'd recommend staying on the West Side of the Dan Ryan, though, were there is a more pronounced police presence, larger crowds, and overall safer neighborhood.

Also, I don't know where you're staying in Chicago, but you could look into parking around a CTA stop and just taking the train to the game. Just a thought.

DrummerGeorgefan
05-24-2004, 02:05 PM
If you get down early enough, there is some free street parking right by police headquarters. I used that a few times in years back.

JoseCanseco6969
05-24-2004, 02:21 PM
Anyone know how many hours before gametime can you park and tailgate???? Thanks for replies.

gosox3072
05-24-2004, 07:34 PM
If you get to the parking on the other side of the train tracks Before and hour and a half b4 the game, the 16 dollar price is cut in half. This is the safest and most affordable parking!

jackbrohamer
05-24-2004, 07:38 PM
Park in a lot or at a meter downtown & take the El. It's cheaper, easier and you don't have to sit in traffic while the parking attendants send you to the farthest lot from the park.

he_gone_89
05-24-2004, 07:48 PM
The Progressive Baptist Church
3658 South Wentworth Ave

Behind the scoreboard,next to a
school and a apartment

parking prices between $14-$20

you can tailgate in the day
[you dont want to be tailgating around there at night because they dont allow it and its not real safe after the game],but i dunno if they have a time limit,i doubt it

irish rover
05-24-2004, 09:51 PM
gosox3072 is right it is lot "G"

npdempse
05-25-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by irish rover
gosox3072 is right it is lot "G"

Is that the lot next to the viaduct with the "Cubs Suck" drummer?
I like that guy.

elrod
05-25-2004, 12:30 AM
A good place to park is near IIT, just east of the tracks. I never found it to be too dangerous and there are usually lots of spots.