PDA

View Full Version : Parking at the Cell

Meixner007
05-24-2004, 12:49 AM
I'm going to the game on wednesday. Can you still drive up to the A, B, or C lots and pay cash even though they're designated for the red coupons. I know you used to be able to do this awhile ago, but dont' know if they've changed their regulations. Also, would showing up earlier at these lots be another way to try and get in those lots???

Sorry, don't know if this is PL material or not.

chisoxmike
05-24-2004, 01:16 AM
Yeah, you can still drive up and get ripped off.

Man, I don't mind pay $$ for tickets, but that parking kills you. $16 per game, thats too much.

Meixner007
05-24-2004, 01:19 AM
Well if you think about it, you can tailgate there...get a nice buzz going and not spend as much inside the park on beer. I see it all evening out, money wise, in the end.

Ruth Uribe
05-24-2004, 01:24 AM
Have you guys ever seen "Joe's Parking" on 35th street? It's the biggest rip-off around. It's three blocks away from the official White Sox parking lot, and they charge $25! Also, they box you in so you can't leave until the people around you leave. Never go there! Has anybody used this lot before?

Meixner007
05-24-2004, 01:29 AM
Hopefully only cubs fans 3 times a year

C-Dawg
05-24-2004, 05:13 AM
Meixner007, is the CTA an option for you? I used to drive down there all the time, but once I discovered the CTA Red Line I'll never drive again. I just park at the Desplaines Ave. lot on the Blue Line (they used to call it the Congress line) and transfer downtown at Jackson.

Meixner007
05-24-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by C-Dawg
Meixner007, is the CTA an option for you? I used to drive down there all the time, but once I discovered the CTA Red Line I'll never drive again. I just park at the Desplaines Ave. lot on the Blue Line (they used to call it the Congress line) and transfer downtown at Jackson.

Yeah, I've taken the red line before. But i want to drive because I'd like to do a little tailgating before hand. My ex-gf is coming in town, and when I visited her in cleveland she took me to the jake for a game against the white sox. I thought i'd return the favor.

fhqwhgads
05-24-2004, 03:16 PM
This was my biggest complaint when I visited the Cell last Sunday. The parking is overpriced, badly laid-out, and impossible to get into and out of. I'm surprised that the "green vs. blue seats" issue gets more press on this site than the parking disaster that is U.S. Cellular Field.

doublem23
05-24-2004, 03:20 PM
I think we're used to it. Actually, compared to a lot of the other MLB ballparks I've been to, the Cell's parking is actually pretty good. Not that I'm well-traveled to a lot of baseball parks, but from my recollection...

Wrigley... Nonexistant... You either pay $20 to park in someone's garage with 4 other cars or 4 miles away on the street somewhere.

Busch... Horrible, the parking lot exits onto like a 6-lane avenue.

Camden... I don't remember it that well, but it was somewhat of a walk from the lot to the stadium, but the traffic flow was pretty good.

That's all I can really remember. It is expensive, though, I agree.

na_na_na_na
05-24-2004, 04:19 PM
I actually like the parking situation at Comisky. I tailgate before games and always have a great experiance. I recommend lot E just south of the Ball Park.

he_gone_89
05-24-2004, 06:17 PM
actually,the best place to park is at the church behind the park[next to the brown apartment]

the prices range by game[ the toronto series was $14 but the flub series last year was $20] and it is really close to the ballpark

the only problem is the alleyway at night,its not lit up that well

Daver
05-24-2004, 06:38 PM
I usually park for free on a side street off of State and walk past Stateway Gardens across the 35th st. bridge to the Park.

You don't need a resident permit to park there because of IIT being right up the street.

Blueprint1
05-24-2004, 07:02 PM
For a parking disaster see Wrigley Field $90 for the Yankees series last year.

nasox
05-24-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Daver
I usually park for free on a side street off of State and walk past Stateway Gardens across the 35th st. bridge to the Park.

You don't need a resident permit to park there because of IIT being right up the street.

How is the safety factor? Probably fine, but its good to know these things.

Daver
05-24-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by nasox
How is the safety factor? Probably fine, but its good to know these things.

I, personaly, have never had any fear for my safety.

irish rover
05-24-2004, 08:47 PM
stateway gardens are pretty much gone. You can also park in lot "G" up to 1.5 hours before game time. Thats where employees park

npdempse
05-24-2004, 11:26 PM
I, personaly, have never had any fear for my safety.

Being right by IIT, which has its own cops IIRC, and the fire dept. office building, 35th & State would be a good bet for one of the safer corners in town.

elrod
05-24-2004, 11:33 PM
IIT is very safe. TONS of cops around. What are the best streets over there to park on? 33rd?

DrCrawdad
05-24-2004, 11:53 PM

Where does resident parking only end? There has to be a certain point where the "resident only" restrictions end.

As a Sox fan with a need to spend my money wisely, I'll gladly walk a bit if it saves me $14. For me, public transportation is unrealistic, coming in from the western burbs.

OEO Magglio
05-25-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by he_gone_89
actually,the best place to park is at the church behind the park[next to the brown apartment]

the prices range by game[ the toronto series was $14 but the flub series last year was $20] and it is really close to the ballpark

the only problem is the alleyway at night,its not lit up that well
I agree, it's real close to the park, you basically avoid all the traffic from the actual parking lots and your right next to the ryan.

soxnut
05-25-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Meixner007
I'm going to the game on wednesday. Can you still drive up to the A, B, or C lots and pay cash even though they're designated for the red coupons. I know you used to be able to do this awhile ago, but dont' know if they've changed their regulations. Also, would showing up earlier at these lots be another way to try and get in those lots???

Sorry, don't know if this is PL material or not.

If you can get to the park BEFORE 5:30, you can park in the Sox lot west of the viaduct for 1/2 price. I've been doing that for years. :smile:

ewokpelts
05-25-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by soxnut
If you can get to the park BEFORE 5:30, you can park in the Sox lot west of the viaduct for 1/2 price. I've been doing that for years. :smile:

I asked my rep about Lot G, and he didnt mention whether it was half off or not. I do know that that lot is used for sox employees at 2 bucks a car.
Gene

Cellview22
05-25-2004, 02:24 PM
The last time I went to a game, I parked downtown near the corner of State and Roosevelt, and took the red line from there. The only problem we had was the meters on the street said "2-hour parking only". We were already late to the game, so we were back within 2 hours. But does anyone else park near there? What do you do about those 2-hour parking meters, and is there anywhere else you can park for free and take the red line? I enjoy taking the el to the game; it's part of the experience and without taking that short train ride, it wouldn't be the same.

soxnut
05-25-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
I asked my rep about Lot G, and he didnt mention whether it was half off or not. I do know that that lot is used for sox employees at 2 bucks a car.
Gene

All I know is that every time I go to a game, I get there before 5:30, the gentleman with the slick white hair says "$8". And before "$7". "$6". It's been going on for at least 5 years if not longer. I just think that they don't announce something like that. AND NOW THAT I'VE SPILLED THE BEANS AND ALOT OF YOU DON'T SEEM TO KNOW THAT FACT----THEY'LL PROBABLY STOP IT NOW :(: :(: :(: :whiner: