PDA

View Full Version : It almost didn't happen

Navaro's Talent
05-24-2004, 12:29 AM
And to think that the Sox almost didn't give Schoenweis that contract before Spring Training. He was signed at the last minute, which upsetted me when I first read it. Now, I couldn't be happier. He's been getting as many people to ground out as Garland usually does. Go, Show, go!!!

ShoelessFred
05-24-2004, 12:31 AM
i thought he was under contract already. cause KW was already saying he'd be in the rotation this year.

Navaro's Talent
05-24-2004, 12:36 AM
Actually, I think I may have worded my post wrong. I believe that they had an option on him for this year, and Kenny didn't take that option until right before ST started. If they didn't take the option, he could have signed with another team.

Ruth Uribe
05-24-2004, 01:26 AM
Just imagine where we would be right now if we had Gary Glover instead of Schoeneweis? Another good trade by Kenny Williams they he doesn't get enough credit for.....

34 Inch Stick
05-24-2004, 08:52 AM
I was against SS being given a starting position from the time they acquired him last year. Good move by KW last year and great vision for this year.

depy48
05-24-2004, 10:47 AM
I'm going to trust KW's instincts now on everything that doesnt end with a Ritchie