PDA

View Full Version : I love Ozzie Guillen

lowesox
05-24-2004, 12:14 AM
Just wanted to say, that I love what Ozzie is doing with this team. I read that on Saturday night he danced with a reporter after the 9-1 beating. And let's face it - he does a great job of handling the pitching staff, handling the bench, keeping the guys loose and getting them up for big games. I think this weekend was Ozzie's first big test and I think he passed with flying colours.

If I had to give him a grade for the season, it would easily be an A. In fact, I'll bet if the sox keep this up, Ozzie will win manager of the year.

elrod
05-24-2004, 12:39 AM
Ozzie is doing welll this year. The attitude is very different. I'm not happy with how's handled the bullpen a couple times (and not Koch). There were a few outings where Marte had clearly lost his cool and should have been pulled for Takatsu but was left in there. Late-inning subs and the lineups have been good so far. And I like sticking with Koch for now.

Navaro's Talent
05-24-2004, 12:47 AM
He has done a good job. Any manager who will let Garland go more than a few innings in a game is good in my book. That was Manuel's problem, but thankfully, it has not been Guillen's. Actually, Manuel had a lot of problems, in my opinion, but that is the past. Ozzie is the future. Go Ozzie!!!

SSN721
05-24-2004, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by lowesox
Just wanted to say, that I love what Ozzie is doing with this team. I read that on Saturday night he danced with a reporter after the 9-1 beating. And let's face it - he does a great job of handling the pitching staff, handling the bench, keeping the guys loose and getting them up for big games. I think this weekend was Ozzie's first big test and I think he passed with flying colours.

If I had to give him a grade for the season, it would easily be an A. In fact, I'll bet if the sox keep this up, Ozzie will win manager of the year.

I have to agree with this. I liked it when he was hired and I am gald he showed me what I thought he would. This weekend was huge and he got the team ready to play. I can think of very few moves this year he has made that I can question. Just a phenomenal job. Phenomenal. :gulp:

hose
05-24-2004, 08:27 AM
:KW

"I went into the Twins club house and tipped over the buffet table after the 9-1 loss."

34 Inch Stick
05-24-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by lowesox
And let's face it - he does a great job of handling the pitching staff, handling the bench, keeping the guys loose and getting them up for big games.

I agree with 3 and 4. I am not so sure I agree with 1 and 2. Ozzie, like KW, is learning on the job. I have been happy with him at this point in his managing career (just as I was with JM in year 1). If I see the same things in year 5 I will be on his butt the same way I was with JM.

Palehose13
05-24-2004, 09:10 AM
I've always loved Ozzie and was one of the few people that was very pleased with his hiring. I am glad that he is not making me eat my words (so far...)

I love this quote by him about decision-making during the game yesterday (17-7 v Twins):

"They didn't give me a chance to screw it up," Guillen said.

:D: