PDA

View Full Version : Saw Buehrle tonight!

chisoxmike
05-24-2004, 12:59 AM
I went to a TGI Fridays tonight after work and low and behold Mark Buehrle walks in!! He sat at the bar, I didn't want to bother him but I went up and just said "Hey congradulations on the series this weekend."

He said "Thank you."

But he seemed pissed, I later found out that a Cub fan walked up to him and asked him to sign his CUBS HAT!!! Buehrle told the guy to get lost.

:burly
"Get lost"

batmanZoSo
05-24-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by chisoxmike
I went to a TGI Fridays tonight after work and low and behold Mark Buehrle walks in!! He sat at the bar, I didn't want to bother him but I went up and just said "Hey congradulations on the series this weekend."

He said "Thank you."

But he seemed pissed, I later found out that a Cub fan walked up to him and asked him to sign his CUBS HAT!!! Buehrle told the guy to get lost.

He got back from Minnesota already?

WSox8404
05-24-2004, 01:03 AM
What TGI Fridays?

chisoxmike
05-24-2004, 01:03 AM
I guess. It was him though. I guess Carlos Lee, Rowand, and Kelly Waunsh always come in to the Friday's in Lombard.

JRIG
05-24-2004, 01:07 AM
I met Buehrle at Portillo's in Naperville early in the 2002 season. The place was packed but nobody else recognized him. He was very nice and cordial to me.

pudge
05-24-2004, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
He got back from Minnesota already?

They typically board plans almost immediately after games. I'm sure nobody wants to stay in Minny a second longer than necessary. ;)

OurBitchinMinny
05-24-2004, 01:18 AM
Especially when the high was about 47 and it poured all day here. The dome actually served a purpose today

Lip Man 1
05-24-2004, 01:05 PM
Just wondering....

What would Mark have done if that person asked him to sign a Cardinals hat?

Lip

Unregistered
05-24-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Just wondering....

Lip Chisoxmike said MB seemed "pissed" - Probably cause the Cardinals just get beat...

doublem23
05-24-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Just wondering....

Lip

Got to find that dark cloud on a bright and sunny day, don't you?

delben91
05-24-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Got to find that dark cloud on a bright and sunny day, don't you?

I don't know, I actually found Lip's remark kind of funny. Don't know if he intended it as a joke, but I took it as one.

BearSox
05-24-2004, 02:21 PM
What are some good spots to catch the white sox at? I knew that Tsukasa in Libertyville was always a good place to catch Bears players at on a Friday night before a home game. I actually ate at the the same grill there across from Urlacher and his family once and also saw Brad Maynard and Chris Villarial.

bafiarocks03
05-24-2004, 04:17 PM
wow!! thats so awesome!!!!!!!!! i wish i coulda been there!!

Dan Gelo
05-24-2004, 06:32 PM
Rowand was at Champps Americana in Oakbrook last night about 3 hours after the game. Frank and Urlacher frequent that place quite a bit also.
My friend gave Rowand some red and blue balloons said "Sorry we're out of Black and Silver"

SoxBoy14
05-24-2004, 07:06 PM
I met Beuhrle at a driving range in my neighborhood. I saw him hitting and the guy at the counter told me that Mark Beuhrle was here. I didn't bother him and he left while I was hitting so I didn't get a chance to talk to him.

Railsplitter
05-24-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by pudge
They typically board plans almost immediately after games. I'm sure nobody wants to stay in Minny a second longer than necessary. ;)

Also, it's not exactly a trans-continental flight.

ewokpelts
05-25-2004, 04:11 PM
Which Fridays?
Gene