PDA

View Full Version : Some intersting tidbits

MRKARNO
05-24-2004, 12:01 AM
Expect a LOT of runs on this homestand. US Cellular field is one of the better hitters parks in baseball and one of the top 3 home run parks in baseball.

The Sox are the third best offense in baseball with 241 runs.

The top 2?? Texas (242) and Anaheim (245), the Sox next two opponents.

The White Sox OPS (.812) is now the 3rd best in baseball and our OPS Rank matches our Runs rank for the first time this season I would presume. The Sox are second in the AL for home runs....to Texas by 1 Homer.

The Anaheim series will also feature two of the best pitching staffs in the AL with the Sox being Fourth at 4.22 and Anaheim in third at 4.19.

White Sox pitchers have induced the most double Plays in baseball with 48.

Well this homestand should see a very high level of competition for the White Sox and just in general. While maybe not the most important serieses of the week next week, the Cell will probably be host to the best baseball in the majors in the next week.

Cubbiesuck13
05-24-2004, 12:08 AM
well you can count on the fact that something is going to give. i am picking the pitching stats to inflate. hope it is the angels' stats only.

is that too obvious to post?

Navaro's Talent
05-24-2004, 12:19 AM
This homestead is going to be very excited. Texas has been playing so well lately and the Angels continue to do well even with a good amount of injuries. Rogers pitches on Tuesday against The Show. They are two of the best pitchers in baseball right now, so maybe it won't be such a high-scoring game, but we'll see. Wow, before the season started, I never thought that I would be saying the words "Rogers," "The Show," and "Two of the best pitchers in baseball right now." I'm glad that I was wrong on one of them!

Ruth Uribe
05-24-2004, 12:23 AM
The key to beating the Angels is to touch them up early. We don't want to have to fight our way back agains their pen.

doublem23
05-24-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Navaro's Talent
This homestead is going to be very excited. Texas has been playing so well lately and the Angels continue to do well even with a good amount of injuries. Rogers pitches on Tuesday against The Show. They are two of the best pitchers in baseball right now, so maybe it won't be such a high-scoring game, but we'll see. Wow, before the season started, I never thought that I would be saying the words "Rogers," "The Show," and "Two of the best pitchers in baseball right now." I'm glad that I was wrong on one of them!

LOL.. Nice screen name.

Navaro's Talent
05-24-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
LOL.. Nice screen name.

Thank you. :D:

batmanZoSo
05-24-2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Expect a LOT of runs on this homestand. US Cellular field is one of the better hitters parks in baseball and one of the top 3 home run parks in baseball.

The Sox are the third best offense in baseball with 241 runs.

The top 2?? Texas (242) and Anaheim (245), the Sox next two opponents.

The White Sox OPS (.812) is now the 3rd best in baseball and our OPS Rank matches our Runs rank for the first time this season I would presume. The Sox are second in the AL for home runs....to Texas by 1 Homer.

The Anaheim series will also feature two of the best pitching staffs in the AL with the Sox being Fourth at 4.22 and Anaheim in third at 4.19.

White Sox pitchers have induced the most double Plays in baseball with 48.

Well this homestand should see a very high level of competition for the White Sox and just in general. While maybe not the most important serieses of the week next week, the Cell will probably be host to the best baseball in the majors in the next week.

We're on pace for 907 runs and to lead baseball in double plays. Remind you of any particular year?

We got Schoeneweis, Loaiza and Buehrle vs. Texas. That's a plus.

Hopefully we'll catch the back end of the Angels rotation.

I'm not sure about the A's rotation order but I would imagine it's Zito, Hudson, Mulder (because of injury), Redman, Harden. Harden pitched today, so that probably means Zito and Hudson to face us June 1-2 in Oakland. Zito kills us but we usually beat Hudson. So that might be favorable to us, plus I think it's only a two game series which is great.

Then we go to Seattle which should be 2/3.

If we stay hot like this we'll probably go 7-4 or 8-3 during this stretch. It's gonna be hard to distance ourselves from the Twins right now without a slump from them. Which is possible considering how we made them our bitches this series.

SSPinStripes
05-24-2004, 12:41 AM
Sox to sweep both serieses

idseer
05-24-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
We're on pace for 907 runs and to lead baseball in double plays. Remind you of any particular year?

We got Schoeneweis, Loaiza and Buehrle vs. Texas. That's a plus.

Hopefully we'll catch the back end of the Angels rotation.

I'm not sure about the A's rotation order but I would imagine it's Zito, Hudson, Mulder (because of injury), Redman, Harden. Harden pitched today, so that probably means Zito and Hudson to face us June 1-2 in Oakland. Zito kills us but we usually beat Hudson. So that might be favorable to us, plus I think it's only a two game series which is great.

Then we go to Seattle which should be 2/3.

If we stay hot like this we'll probably go 7-4 or 8-3 during this stretch. It's gonna be hard to distance ourselves from the Twins right now without a slump from them. Which is possible considering how we made them our bitches this series.

the west coast trip is every bit as big a bugaboo as the twins have been to the sox. every time the sox go west ... they have gone south! this little 6 game test will go a long way to determine how real the sox will be this year.

samram
05-24-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo

Over the weekend against KC (I think it was a four game set), they threw Hudson, Mulder, Zito and Harden, in that order. Mulder threw a CG I think. So the Sox may see Hudson, who has always been tough on the Sox, and Mulder. I definitely agree that only two games against those guys is just fine.

MRKARNO
05-24-2004, 10:01 AM
I actually read somewhere that Texas bats riduclously bad on the road, like in the .240's or somewhere close to that so we have a much better than average chance to take 2 and 3 is not out of the question

Frater Perdurabo
05-24-2004, 10:30 AM
Texas is good, but they can be beaten. The key is to hit their starters hard and early. Crush their confidence. They are riding high on confidence. Hopefully, they will have a let-down after having played three emotional games against the Yankees and A-Rod.

Rogers is a lefty, so the Sox right-handed lineup should do OK against him.