PDA

View Full Version : the twinkie dome

cburns
05-23-2004, 11:26 PM
What does everyone think about the new rug they put down in the HHH Dome? Do you think it was a big factor in the way they played, and in the results this past weekend?

CubKilla
05-23-2004, 11:31 PM
If the new surface contributed to some of the big errors committed by the Twins this weekend, then I love it :)

batmanZoSo
05-23-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by cburns
What does everyone think about the new rug they put down in the HHH Dome? Do you think it was a big factor in the way they played, and in the results this past weekend?

It hurts the twins because they hit a lot of grouders through the hole that won't go through now. But they also got a few hits in one inning the other day that they wouldn't have gotten with the turf.

Overall though it helps us and hurts them a little. There was a chopper in the hole to Guzman the other day and he was late with the force at second because the ball didn't get to him as quickly.

elrod
05-23-2004, 11:33 PM
Didn't seem to bother the Sox as much as it did the Twins. Then again the Twins just came from hard turf in Toronto.

Railsplitter
05-24-2004, 08:30 AM
That turf looks like it could be made from the same stuff a doormats. An omen, perhaps?

A.T. Money
05-24-2004, 10:05 AM
My girlfriend and I drove up to Minny for the Sat and Sun games, and I was still trying to get used to watching baseball indoors. Very strange.

I was visualizing the Metrodome for the Vikings. It would be a pretty decent place to watch football. But for baseball, this place sucked.