PDA

View Full Version : Johnson/Leifer/Mcgriff

mike squires
05-23-2004, 10:05 PM
Today I went to Indy to watch the Indians (Brewer affiliate take on the Duram Bulls (Tampa Bay) Got to see two of our former buddies in action...Leifer hit two bombs one to left and another that cleared the enitre park. Mark did a good job behind the plate. He hit a duck snort single to right and walked a couple of times. Mcgriff must be rehabbing. He struggled hitting the ball o;ut of the infield and also walked. I'm surprized Leifer isn't n somebody's bench this year. Especially the team the Brewers are sending out to the field every night.

Brian26
05-23-2004, 10:06 PM
Sounds like a cool day. I guess the DRays are considering giving McGriff a chance to come back and get 9 or so homers to achieve #500.

Reichardt
05-23-2004, 11:50 PM
I was at the game on Saturday and Leifer absolutely crushed one. McGriff is just getting tuned up for a call up next week by the D-Rays.

Dadawg_77
05-24-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Brian26
Sounds like a cool day. I guess the DRays are considering giving McGriff a chance to come back and get 9 or so homers to achieve #500.

What else do that have to draw?

TDog
05-24-2004, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Reichardt
I was at the game on Saturday and Leifer absolutely crushed one. McGriff is just getting tuned up for a call up next week by the D-Rays.

I don't know what's going on with McGriff, but the AP wire reported that he was optioned, not that he went on the DL.