PDA

View Full Version : Uribe has a nickname. Juan Ruth

Realist
05-23-2004, 07:23 PM
"Magglio [Ordonez] is always consistent. Frank [Thomas] is starting to be the Frank of old and driving the ball all over the place. There's no one way you can pitch him right now. Konerko is starting to swing the bat like he can, and Uribe is like Juan Ruth right now. He's hitting the ball all over the place."

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20040523&content_id=750917&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp

HomeFish
05-23-2004, 07:24 PM
I still prefer New Era.

batmanZoSo
05-23-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Realist
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20040523&content_id=750917&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp

That was said by Jacque Jones. It's nice when an opposing player gives you props. I thought it was weird that he was calling players by their first names.

SEALgep
05-23-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
That was said by Jacque Jones. It's nice when an opposing player gives you props. I thought it was weird that he was calling players by their first names. He's friends with some of them I believe. I know he's friends with Buerhle. Or should I say Mark. :D:

batmanZoSo
05-23-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
He's friends with some of them I believe. I know he's friends with Buerhle. Or should I say Mark. :D:

No wonder the Twins usually have our number. He's been infiltrating the clubhouse and all its secrets. :cool: :o:

WhiteSox = Life
05-23-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
He's friends with some of them I believe. I know he's friends with Buerhle. Or should I say Mark. :D:

If that's true, good thing, otherwise Jones would hate Buehrle's guts with the way he hits off him.

:smile:

That's a nice quote from the Twins RFer, though. I appreciate the candor and humility. Seems like a pretty good guy and would be welcome on any team. Unfortunately, he's on the Twins and gets plenty of big hits against the Sox.

I guess Jacque Jones doesn't know Lee or Konerko that well yet. With the time he's spent on first base against the Sox, though, you'd think he would Paulie by now.

:cool:

beckett21
05-23-2004, 08:56 PM
Hawk compared Uribe to Mickey Mantle, and DJ compared him to Roberto Clemente.

I like the guy and all, but come on.... :smile:

Cubbiesuck13
05-23-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by beckett21

it makes sense, he is as tall as the mick and has the same shoe size as roberto.

WhiteSox = Life
05-23-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by beckett21

:hawk
"Y'know, Uribe ends in an upright letter followed by an 'e' much like Mickey Mantle."

:DJ
"Uribe sorta rhymes with Clemente."

MANelson85
05-23-2004, 09:10 PM
Who's to say that he doesn't end up being better than them both?

C-Dawg
05-23-2004, 09:21 PM
Uribe spelled backwards is...... Ebiru?? Oh, nevermind!

doublem23
05-23-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by MANelson85
Who's to say that he doesn't end up being better than them both?

Wanna bet? :smile: