PDA

View Full Version : Let's Get Kenny Lofton!

DickAllen72
05-23-2004, 05:49 PM
I hear that the Yankees may be getting rid of Kenny Lofton. He'd be a good spark for this White Sox team.

I wouldn't mind seeing Carl Everett back either. We need grinders!

Go Sox-- Stay in 1st!

RedPinStripes
05-23-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by DickAllen72
I hear that the Yankees may be getting rid of Kenny Lofton. He'd be a good spark for this White Sox team.

Go Sox-- Stay in 1st!

ummmmmmmm...............welcome?

Cubbiesuck13
05-23-2004, 05:56 PM

Go Sox-- Stay in 1st!

lofton is a cancer. it would make me sick to get him after what he said about the idiot team on the other side of town.

everett is also a problem in the clubhouse but i don't recall any problems when he was here

Navaro's Talent
05-23-2004, 06:03 PM
If we can't get Beltran, I wouldn't mind getting Everett back. I don't want Lofton back at all, but he usually does turn it up a bit if a team is in contention. Then again, if Rowand can keep hitting like he did today, maybe we won't need to trade for a centerfielder. Should that be in pink, or is it possible that Rowand has realized if he doesn't turn it up now, he won't have another opportunity to do so? I'm pulling for Aaron, but we will see.

duke of dorwood
05-23-2004, 06:27 PM
Grinders yes-whiners no

OEO Magglio
05-23-2004, 06:51 PM
No to Lofton, yes to Everett.

MRKARNO
05-23-2004, 06:54 PM
No thank you to Lofton. We dont need a lead-off CFer because we have two players in Harris and Uribe who are plenty capable of hitting first in the order and when they hit 1-2, very good things can happen. If we were to get a CFer via trade we need one that would add depth in terms of power or at least a line drive, doubles type of hitter.

As far as I'm concerned, the two Players the Sox should go after seriously are Steve Finley and Freddy Garcia. Beltran would be nice but we'd have to break the bank and rid ourselves of too many prospects to get him.

Beltran alone or Finley and Garcia? Now that's a good question. As far as I'm concerned, Finley and Garcia over Beltran because we aren't going to resign Beltran. Boras is his agent.

OEO Magglio
05-23-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
No thank you to Lofton. We dont need a lead-off CFer because we have two players in Harris and Uribe who are plenty capable of hitting first in the order and when they hit 1-2, very good things can happen. If we were to get a CFer via trade we need one that would add depth in terms of power or at least a line drive, doubles type of hitter.

As far as I'm concerned, the two Players the Sox should go after seriously are Steve Finley and Freddy Garcia. Beltran would be nice but we'd have to break the bank and rid ourselves of too many prospects to get him.

Beltran alone or Finley and Garcia? Now that's a good question. As far as I'm concerned, Finley and Garcia over Beltran because we aren't going to resign Beltran. Boras is his agent.
I agree with you on this one, if you could get a left handed good centerfielder and another darn good starting pitcher you have to get those two instead of just Beltran.

WinningUgly!
05-23-2004, 08:00 PM

Go Sox-- Stay in 1st!

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/winningugly/WELCOME.JPG

I'll pass on Lofton.

ScottyTheSoxFan
05-23-2004, 08:11 PM
lofton hurt the hammy again today. no dice on k-lo

guillen4life13
05-23-2004, 08:14 PM

Go Sox-- Stay in 1st!

No thanks.

Welcome aboard!

soxtalker
05-23-2004, 08:15 PM
I'm missing something. Why the focus on outfielders right now? It may have made sense ten days ago, because we weren't hitting. In addition, we have two outfielders in AAA who are playing pretty well. On the other hand, the 5th starter continues to be a problem. I realize that KW should be trying to upgrade any way he can, be shouldn't pitching be the main focus of any trades.

DickAllen72
05-23-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by soxtalker
I'm missing something. Why the focus on outfielders right now? It may have made sense ten days ago, because we weren't hitting. In addition, we have two outfielders in AAA who are playing pretty well. On the other hand, the 5th starter continues to be a problem. I realize that KW should be trying to upgrade any way he can, be shouldn't pitching be the main focus of any trades.

I'd like to see us get another good starter. Not someone else's number five guy, but another bona fide good starter to add to the four good ones we currently have.

A good left handed bat would be nice--too bad we can't afford a Carlos Delgado. I'd like to see Everett back as a corner outfielder with Lee, Ordonez and Everett taking turns in OF and DH. Frank should be playing 1B at times too.

Also, I think we could use a real bona fide base stealer to play "Ozzie ball" hence my interest in Lofton. Too bad we couldn't get a Carl Crawford or a Juan Pierre.

Beltran would be perfect, but we probably couldn't afford him either.

I'm starting to think we should start looking at third base. I have confidence in Crede's ability, but he just doesn't seem to hustle and I'don't like that.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

Cubbiesuck13
05-23-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by soxtalker

it's all about the flavor of the week. flavor this week: Starting pitching! next week: lefthandid bats! (all flavors subject to change with wind)

DickAllen72
05-23-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Cubbiesuck13
it's all about the flavor of the week. flavor this week: Starting pitching! next week: lefthandid bats! (all flavors subject to change with wind)

It's not about the flavor of the week.

We need a fifth starter--needed one for the past couple of years.

We lack speed and a left handed bat. A speedy left handed batter would fill those two needs and usually a speedy hitter is an outfielder.

I'd take a good power hitting left handed first baseman or third baseman too. A speedy left handed shorstop would work, but I'm satisfied with Uribe at short and Harris at 2nd.

Carl Everett would be an interesting role player because he's a switch hitter with left handed power and he busts his butt on every play. He could be used occasionally in center, but I wouldn't want him being our regular center fielder.

Aaron Rowand may be pretty good if the situation would allow him to play every day for a few weeks in a row. He's the best CF currently on this roster but the jury is still out on if he's good enough.

Cubbiesuck13
05-23-2004, 09:20 PM
It's not about the flavor of the week.

We need a fifth starter--needed one for the past couple of years.

We lack speed and a left handed bat. A speedy left handed batter would fill those two needs and usually a speedy hitter is an outfielder.

I'd take a good power hitting left handed first baseman or third baseman too. A speedy left handed shorstop would work, but I'm satisfied with Uribe at short and Harris at 2nd.

Carl Everett would be an interesting role player because he's a switch hitter with left handed power and he busts his butt on every play. He could be used occasionally in center, but I wouldn't want him being our regular center fielder.

Aaron Rowand may be pretty good if the situation would allow him to play every day for a few weeks in a row. He's the best CF currently on this roster but the jury is still out on if he's good enough.

It IS all about flavor of the week. What can we improve to make ourselves perfect? that is the question day in and day out with what is affecting us at the moment that takes the spotlight.

Brian26
05-23-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
No to Lofton, yes to Everett.

Agreed with basically everyone here. Lofton shuts it down once his team isnt producing. He's not the type of guy that will carry a team in a slump. Everett did well here last year, and I wouldn't mind having his lefthanded bat back here.

DickAllen72
07-23-2004, 05:37 PM
Lofton would give us something we've been sorely missing: A legitimate lead-off man. He's a left handed hitter with good speed and base stealing ability. We'd finally hace a good base stealer and he possibly could show Willie how it's done. He's also a good defensive CF, and with Rowand moving to RF and batting second that would set the table nicely for Lee, Konerko and Everett.

Lofton was the main reason the sCrubs made it to the NLCS last season. They did nothing before him and nothing since.

He's not a "clubhouse cancer" either. He wasn't last year, wasn't in NY and with Ozzie around, the Sox clubhouse will be handled properly.

Lofton shouldn't cost too much to acquire either.

KW got Everett, now let's bring back Kenny Lofton and win this thing. :bandance:

RKMeibalane
07-23-2004, 05:49 PM
Lofton would give us something we've been sorely missing: A legitimate lead-off man. He's a left handed hitter with good speed and base stealing ability. We'd finally hace a good base stealer and he possibly could show Willie how it's done. He's also a good defensive CF, and with Rowand moving to RF and batting second that would set the table nicely for Lee, Konerko and Everett.

Lofton was the main reason the sCrubs made it to the NLCS last season. They did nothing before him and nothing since.

He's not a "clubhouse cancer" either. He wasn't last year, wasn't in NY and with Ozzie around, the Sox clubhouse will be handled properly.

Lofton shouldn't cost too much to acquire either.

KW got Everett, now let's bring back Kenny Lofton and win this thing. :bandance:
I think Lofton's bridges to this organization were burned forever after Kenny Williams found him watching Meet the Parents following a loss to the Tigers in July of 2002. This was the famous incident that involved KW flipping over a buffet table and calling his players bitches and mother****ers.

chisoxfan79
07-23-2004, 05:50 PM
I will say no because I remember that comment last year when he was with the cubs "It was hard for me to play with the Sox because I grew up a Cubs fan":angry:

DickAllen72
07-23-2004, 05:56 PM
I will say no because I remember that comment last year when he was with the cubs "It was hard for me to play with the Sox because I grew up a Cubs fan":angry:

I didn't know about that comment.

Oh well, maybe after actually experiencing playing for them, and the way they rewarded him for leading them to the NLCS by letting him go, he's now ready to reform himself and become a White Sox for life.
:gulp:

jackbrohamer
07-23-2004, 06:05 PM
Lofton's a dog on the verge of being washed up. He sparked the Sox for exactly 1 month (April) then was completely worthless.

SOXPHILE
07-23-2004, 09:59 PM
(Bill Lumberg voice): Mmmmmm...Yeahhhh....I'm gonna have to go ahead and say NO to Kenny Lofton...yeahhh....this year he's been sorta hurt alot...he's definatly a whining club house cancer...oh, and he'd be very inconsistent at the plate. All in all, he's what we would call a 'Tool', and would not help the Sox this year at all...yeahhhh....

Nick@Nite
07-23-2004, 10:06 PM
No thanks.

JB98
07-24-2004, 01:24 AM
Lofton's a dog on the verge of being washed up. He sparked the Sox for exactly 1 month (April) then was completely worthless.
Not to mention, he's on a two-year contract. If the Sox acquire him for the stretch drive and it doesn't work out, then you're stuck with him for at least the first half of 2005 as well.

Aidan
07-24-2004, 01:39 AM
I think Lofton's bridges to this organization were burned forever after Kenny Williams found him watching Meet the Parents following a loss to the Tigers in July of 2002. This was the famous incident that involved KW flipping over a buffet table and calling his players bitches and mother****ers.Did this really happen? If so... MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! :)

:KW

"Yeah, I said that Aidan. You got a problem with it mother****er?"

DickAllen72
07-27-2004, 10:34 PM
Ozzie just put his finger on our offensive problems. He just said, "we must lead the league in home runs with the bases empty. The big guys are doing their job, but we need to get baserunners on for them to drive in."

Kenny Lofton does not strike out often. He is the prototypical leadoff man. He's hitting over .300 with limited playing time with the Yankees. He has good speed, base stealing skills, and good defense.

Ozzie could handle this guy in the clubhouse. We're desperate. Ken Williams has shown he'll do anything to help this team win. I hope he swallows hard, buries the hatchet with Lofton and brings him back here to do for us what he did for the sCrubs last year.

Maybe the Sox can arrange a trade with the Yankees pending a three way meeting between Lofton, KW and Ozzie where they can straighten things out and make sure everybody's on the same page.

alohafri
07-27-2004, 10:37 PM
[QUOTE=DickAllen72]It's not about the flavor of the week.

We need a fifth starter--needed one for the past couple of years.[QUOTE]

We need a fourth starter before we need a fifth starter.

DickAllen72
07-27-2004, 10:46 PM
We need a fourth starter before we need a fifth starter.

Actually, we need a third starter.