PDA

View Full Version : Sunday's Winning PTC

voodoochile
05-23-2004, 04:23 PM
:caballo
"I would have had two MORE RBI's, but they turned on the air conditioning."

MRKARNO
05-23-2004, 04:30 PM
And some people want to trade him for Kris Benson straight up?

SEALgep
05-23-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
And some people want to trade him for Kris Benson straight up? That's a bad idea, which I wrongly brought up, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't consider dealing him for another worthy pitcher.

SoxFan76
05-23-2004, 04:36 PM
Carlos heating up only means good things for Frank. Man, this team is getting me excited. Garland struggled today, but his teamattes picked him up BIG TIME.

SEALgep
05-23-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by SoxFan76
Carlos heating up only means good things for Frank. Man, this team is getting me excited. Garland struggled today, but his teamattes picked him up BIG TIME. Loving life right now. Everyone looked good today, even the struggling hitting Rowand put together a real nice day. We should all be excited and happy. :) :gulp: :) :gulp: :) :gulp:

batmanZoSo
05-23-2004, 04:40 PM

Not now!!!

But seriously, one game does not a good player make.

MRKARNO
05-23-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
Not now!!!

But seriously, one game does not a good player make.

Did you follow him over the last 3-4 years???

OEO Magglio
05-23-2004, 04:43 PM
OK I'm going to throw the towel in on this one, I still think kw is going to have to get rid of Carlos or PK but Carlos for Benson was a dumb idea. Happy?? :smile:

MRKARNO
05-23-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
OK I'm going to throw the towel in on this one, I still think kw is going to have to get rid of Carlos or PK but Carlos for Benson was a dumb idea. Happy?? :smile:

Happier :)

OEO Magglio
05-23-2004, 04:48 PM
Happier :)
I'm still not sure Lee can keep it up but I sure hope he does and I'll take my crow. :)

beckett21
05-23-2004, 06:00 PM
TBGR here (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=2528)

Back in first!

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

batmanZoSo
05-23-2004, 07:37 PM
Did you follow him over the last 3-4 years???

Um, yeah. Did you? Carlos Lee is streakier than cheap Windex.

MRKARNO
05-23-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
Um, yeah. Did you? Carlos Lee is streakier than cheap Windex.

Well I'm not in favor of trading Lee because we have no other option that would be as good as he would in the outfield right now. Why when you have so much depth in your lineup would you want to thin it out if you didnt have to? The anti-Carlos Lee people are unwise as far as I'm concerned.

OEO Magglio
05-23-2004, 07:45 PM
Well I'm not in favor of trading Lee because we have no other option that would be as good as he would in the outfield right now. Why when you have so much depth in your lineup would you want to thin it out if you didnt have to? The anti-Carlos Lee people are unwise as far as I'm concerned.
Sure the sox have depth in their lineup but this happens every year they get real hot and then soon they'll go on a huge cold streak and one of the main culprits is carlos he is very streaky. Individually I don't think gload is a better hitter then carlos but for the team I think he is, if that makes sense.

MRKARNO
05-23-2004, 07:48 PM
Sure the sox have depth in their lineup but this happens every year they get real hot and then soon they'll go on a huge cold streak and one of the main culprits is carlos he is very streaky. Individually I don't think gload is a better hitter then carlos but for the team I think he is, if that makes sense.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm really glad you aren't Kenny Williams.

You know the way to fix a offensive cold streak??? Solid pitching. If we got another starter, we would have less things to worry about hitting wise. The pitching we have this year is superior to the staff of last year because it's a lot more solid top to bottom. We do have the pitching to pitch us out of our offensive cold streaks.

OK and what do you advocate trading Carlos for again? If we're trading Carlos we have to get another player whose contract doesnt end this year. Garcia for Lee is overpaying by a lot if that's what you're advocating.

OEO Magglio
05-23-2004, 07:51 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm really glad you aren't Kenny Williams.

You know the way to fix a offensive cold streak??? Solid pitching. If we got another starter, we would have less things to worry about hitting wise. The pitching we have this year is superior to the staff of last year because it's a lot more solid top to bottom. We do have the pitching to pitch us out of our offensive cold streaks.

OK and what do you advocate trading Carlos for again? If we're trading Carlos we have to get another player whose contract doesnt end this year. Garcia for Lee is overpaying by a lot if that's what you're advocating.
Like I said the Benson thing was stupid and mostly just because I believe the sox need to get rid of carlos or pk. This year's pitching is definitely good but better then last year?? I wouldn't say that, they're pretty close. If the sox were to trade Lee for Garcia that would be a great, great trade.

MRKARNO
05-23-2004, 07:55 PM
Like I said the Benson thing was stupid and mostly just because I believe the sox need to get rid of carlos or pk. This year's pitching is definitely good but better then last year?? I wouldn't say that, they're pretty close. If the sox were to trade Lee for Garcia that would be a great, great trade.

No it would be an absolutely stupid trade. Maybe if you are looking at the talent and not the economics it is a good trade, but who do we put in the outfield for Lee if he goes? Gload? Sorry I'm not resting any of my team's chances on Ross Gload. Lee has 1+ years left with another option year. Garcia is playing on a one year deal. That makes him a rent a player. You dont give away hitters like lee for Rent a players. You give up prospects.

Why the hell would we give up Lee if we didnt need to??

OEO Magglio
05-23-2004, 08:11 PM
No it would be an absolutely stupid trade. Maybe if you are looking at the talent and not the economics it is a good trade, but who do we put in the outfield for Lee if he goes? Gload? Sorry I'm not resting any of my team's chances on Ross Gload. Lee has 1+ years left with another option year. Garcia is playing on a one year deal. That makes him a rent a player. You dont give away hitters like lee for Rent a players. You give up prospects.

Why the hell would we give up Lee if we didnt need to??
Just because this is garcia's contract year doesn't necessarily make him a rent a player. Yeah Lee does have atleast another year on his contract but his salary goes up to 8 million next year, that would basically make him untradeable. If the sox were able to trade Lee for Garcia straight up they'd have to do it. Not only would they get a damn good starting pitcher, they'd get rid of a over paid bonehead left fielder.

MRKARNO
05-23-2004, 08:54 PM
Just because this is garcia's contract year doesn't necessarily make him a rent a player. Yeah Lee does have atleast another year on his contract but his salary goes up to 8 million next year, that would basically make him untradeable. If the sox were able to trade Lee for Garcia straight up they'd have to do it. Not only would they get a damn good starting pitcher, they'd get rid of a over paid bonehead left fielder.

So I guess we'll agree to dissagree on the importance of Lee to this team...

You need to understand the economics of baseball more though. Lee for Garcia straight up just wouldn't happen. If Seattle's giving up Garcia, they are probably looking to shed the money and stock up on prospects, not acquire another expensive outfielder, regardless of his talent level.

OEO Magglio
05-23-2004, 09:10 PM
So I guess we'll agree to dissagree on the importance of Lee to this team...

You need to understand the economics of baseball more though. Lee for Garcia straight up just wouldn't happen. If Seattle's giving up Garcia, they are probably looking to shed the money and stock up on prospects, not acquire another expensive outfielder, regardless of his talent level.
I'll definitely agree to disagree. I was the one saying I didn't think the Mariners would do Lee for Garcia, I said I would love for the sox to do that trade not that I thought it was going to happen, it has nothing to do with me not understanding the economics because I do understand that.

MRKARNO
05-23-2004, 09:52 PM
I'll definitely agree to disagree. I was the one saying I didn't think the Mariners would do Lee for Garcia, I said I would love for the sox to do that trade not that I thought it was going to happen, it has nothing to do with me not understanding the economics because I do understand that.

OK sorry about that. I'm sorry for criticizing your intelligence in relation to baseball, but once you started talking about Benson for Lee, I got pretty angry at how unintelligent that trade would be. :smile:

OEO Magglio
05-23-2004, 09:55 PM
OK sorry about that. I'm sorry for criticizing your intelligence in relation to baseball, but once you started talking about Benson for Lee, I got pretty angry at how unintelligent that trade would be. :smile:
No problem, like I said the Benson thing was a dumb proposal by me and basically came about because I still think pk or carlos will eventually be trade bait this year.