PDA

View Full Version : Rising to the occasion

lowesox
05-23-2004, 01:47 PM
Well, today is message today. Either the sox send a message to the twins or we have one sent to us. The thing is: I find the White Sox haven't really been a very good team at rising to the occasion. In fact, the last time I thought they really did was in 2000. Since then, I find we've lost most of the really important games.

This one tonight is the first truly important game of the season. If we win, it means taking 3 out of 4 in the metrodome and telling the twins who owns who. If we lose, the twins will have come back from losing the first two games to show us that we have zero killer instinct.

Lets see if Ozzie can get these guys up for big games. Santana is going to be tough to beat. Lets do it.

johnny_mostil
05-23-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
Well, today is message today. Either the sox send a message to the twins or we have one sent to us. The thing is: I find the White Sox haven't really been a very good team at rising to the occasion. In fact, the last time I thought they really did was in 2000. Since then, I find we've lost most of the really important games.

This one tonight is the first truly important game of the season. If we win, it means taking 3 out of 4 in the metrodome and telling the twins who owns who. If we lose, the twins will have come back from losing the first two games to show us that we have zero killer instinct.

Lets see if Ozzie can get these guys up for big games. Santana is going to be tough to beat. Lets do it.

The Sox already sent a message by winning the first two games.

raul12
05-23-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by johnny_mostil

Jerry Manuel, is that you?

sheesh. Whatever happened to going for the throat? They took 2 out of 3 at our place, and you think splitting with them at their place is "sending a message"? Wow.

lowesox
05-23-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by johnny_mostil

No they didn't. If the twins win today, all we'll come away with is a split. And the twins will come away with all the momentum. To be a playoff team you have to have a killer instinct. And you need to be able to step up against your rivals. Until the Sox can prove to themselves that they can step into the metrodome and kick some ass, second place is all we're going to be.

soxtalker
05-23-2004, 02:07 PM
This is an important game. Remember the game we won late last year at home in which they made a strong comeback in the top of the ninth. Even though they ultimately came up short, they took it as a real positive. If we lose today, it isn't a crisis, but that's because it is still early in the season, and we'll still be close in the standings. But the Twins will say that they came back to even up the series -- and they aren't anywhere close to full strength.

munchman33
05-23-2004, 04:45 PM
I think its safe to say the message has been sent.

Frank the Tank
05-23-2004, 04:49 PM
Now that it is a blow-out in the 8th, I suggest we:

- put Ozzie in at SS
- Cora at 2nd
- Harold in LF
- Man Soo Lee at DH

RedPinStripes
05-23-2004, 04:50 PM
17-6 now. The message i would send would to really piss these guys off. Bunt runners over with no outs , steal bases, maybe even throw at menkegqgjadfguiwhgtrg just for the sake that he's prick.

Brian26
05-23-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by munchman33
I think its safe to say the message has been sent.

I want Gardenhire to wake up in a cold sweat tonight thinking about this one.

Brian26
05-23-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
17-6 now. The message i would send would to really piss these guys off. Bunt runners over with no outs , steal bases, maybe even throw at menkegqgjadfguiwhgtrg just for the sake that he's prick.

You and I think alike, RPS.

RedPinStripes
05-23-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
You and I think alike, RPS.

That's scarry. :)