PDA

View Full Version : Which Twin to you respect the most and the least

lowesox
05-22-2004, 06:53 PM
Just a little fun game. I think the twins have quite a few good players. There are some I detest: like Mentgaywitz and Torii Hunter... but I'd say they're both good players - I just can't respect them because of their attitudes.

I'd say I respect Mauer the most. It looks like he's going to be a brilliant catcher one day.

And the player I respect the least is Matt Lecroy. Have you seen his picture on mlb.com? Usually asthetics and baseball have nothing to do with each other - but I just can't respect a player with a picture like that.

Joel Perez
05-22-2004, 10:44 PM
Is it fair to go all the way back? Then it Kent Hrbek that my fav Twin.
Otherwise, present is Jacque Jones. He would look good in a Sox uniform. Left handed bat patrolling CF in his early days...yep. Consistent hitter, sometimes power-alley power, run producer.

santo=dorf
05-23-2004, 12:24 AM
Mary-Kate by far. She's needs to get some meat on those bones soon, she'll be 18 soon! :D:

ShoelessFred
05-23-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by santo=dorf
Mary-Kate by far. She's needs to get some meat on those bones soon, she'll be 18 soon! :D:

yeah but Ashley was *drool*

jeremyb1
05-23-2004, 12:49 AM
Yeah. My current least favorites would have to be Dougie and Hunter (Gardenhire too if he counts). My favorites would have to be Mauer, Santana, and Koskie.

beckett21
05-23-2004, 01:03 AM
Funny, I usually like the guys people love to hate. Mientkiewicz I have respect for just because he seems to make the most out of what little talent he has, like a David Eckstein for example. The guy (Mint) is still a jerk, but I can give him credit. Pierzynski was the same way for me, the kind of guy you hate unless he is on your team (although the Giants may disagree :smile: ). I hated him so much when he was with the Twins, but I always kind of wished he was on our side. I'll stick with Olivo now though, thank you very much! :D:

I really think Santana is going to be a good one someday soon. The guy who I have always thought was overrated was Koskie. Never have cared much for him talentwise.

Of course I hate all of them with a passion, but they do have a couple good players over there unfortunately. :(:

Jeremy
05-23-2004, 02:29 AM
I dislike all the morons who wear their hats cocked to the side... that looks ridiculous.

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_116338.jpg

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_276372.jpg

straighten that hat, at least for the photo shoot. Show some respect for your ball club...

MarqSox
05-23-2004, 02:43 AM
Favorite: Hunter. Yeah, he's kinda cocky, but not horribly so, and he plays the game the right way.

Least: Doug Mientekckluwcis. Total jag.

chisox56
05-23-2004, 04:01 AM
Hate the whole team except for lew ford and mauer those two are great guys that don't seem cocky like the rest of the team. I don't know what it is about jones and hunter but everytime they have a great catch it is against the white sox and it just makes me hate them more and more.

minastirith67
05-23-2004, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by Jeremy
I dislike all the morons who wear their hats cocked to the side... that looks ridiculous.

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_116338.jpg

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_276372.jpg

straighten that hat, at least for the photo shoot. Show some respect for your ball club...

I think Damaso Marte looks like that for the Sox and possibly Juan Uribe...are they not showing respect for their ball club?

minastirith67
05-23-2004, 04:35 AM
How can you guys respect Mauer when he hasn't even proven himself in the majors yet?!? He's a rookie for pete's sake. He should earn respect through his play and attitude.

MRKARNO
05-23-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by minastirith67
How can you guys respect Mauer when he hasn't even proven himself in the majors yet?!? He's a rookie for pete's sake. He should earn respect through his play and attitude.

I think it's just a respect of the fact that he's a genuine talent and when he does something good it's genuine and not just a BS twins thing. Ditto Johan Santana.

johnny_mostil
05-23-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox

Least: Doug Mientekckluwcis. Total jag.

You'd love him if he were a Sox player.

Minky's not long for the starting role, that big lefthanded lugnut monster hitter they have will take his job before the end of the year, and work for peanuts, too. If the Twins are smart (and they are) they'll ship Minky off for a first-rate 2B in July.

MarqSox
05-23-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by johnny_mostil
You'd love him if he were a Sox player.

Minky's not long for the starting role, that big lefthanded lugnut monster hitter they have will take his job before the end of the year, and work for peanuts, too. If the Twins are smart (and they are) they'll ship Minky off for a first-rate 2B in July.
No, after what he said about Sox fans a couple years ago, I'd boo him even worse if the Sox ever acquired him.