PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Gameday Thread - Saturday vs Twinkies

Palehose13
05-22-2004, 05:43 PM
Anyone have a line up for today yet? Looking to see if Frank or Willie are playing for my fantasy line up.

SEALgep
05-22-2004, 05:45 PM
Willie isn't playing until Sunday as I understand it.

Palehose13
05-22-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Willie isn't playing until Sunday as I understand it.

That's what I thought, I guess I'm really more concerned with Frank cause if he isn't in I need to make a switch!

OEO Magglio
05-22-2004, 06:04 PM
Frank is back:
Uribe 2b
Perez cf
Ordonez rf
Thomas dh
Lee lf
Valentin ss
Konerko 1b
Crede 3b
Olivo c

Palehose13
05-22-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
Frank is back:

YEEEEEEES! Thanks OEO!

HomeFish
05-22-2004, 06:13 PM
Hrm. For next year, will "O-E-O, TIIIIMO" suffice after our RF goes to the Bronx?

Let's hope our new #2 hitter gives us a reason to test that one out a year earlier...

SEALgep
05-22-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by HomeFish
Hrm. For next year, will "O-E-O, TIIIIMO" suffice after our RF goes to the Bronx?

Let's hope our new #2 hitter gives us a reason to test that one out a year earlier... Two wins in a row against the Twins HomeFish. Though we'd be lucky to get one? Hmmm.... Not the case as it would appear. Tell me this though, are you happy to be wrong or no?

voodoochile
05-22-2004, 06:17 PM
And of course you are welcome to joing us in the Chat Room (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/chat.php?setwidth=955&setheight=450).

How much longer is Harris out for? Not that it matters if these guys keep playing like this.

Whitesox029
05-22-2004, 06:18 PM
I'm speechless....for the first time this season I have absolutely nothing to complain about. Wow.

MRKARNO
05-22-2004, 06:22 PM

Let's hope our new #2 hitter gives us a reason to test that one out a year earlier...

Can't we wait till the offseason to worry about that????

HomeFish, I don't get why you bother following this team if you're so pessimistic even when we're on our longest win streak of the year so far. Can you tell me? And why must you always damper the mood amongst Sox fans? You're ridiculous pessimism is unwanted here. We can deal with rational Lip-type pessimism to some extent, but you're just an idiot.

SEALgep
05-22-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Whitesox029
I'm speechless....for the first time this season I have absolutely nothing to complain about. Wow. HomeFish will find something for you to. Oh wait, he already took care of that. Unbelieveable.

HomeFish
05-22-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Two wins in a row against the Twins HomeFish. Though we'd be lucky to get one? Hmmm.... Not the case as it would appear. Tell me this though, are you happy to be wrong or no?

Let's put it this way: I'd prefer to be 3 or 4 times as wrong as I currently am.

lowesox
05-22-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Whitesox029
I'm speechless....for the first time this season I have absolutely nothing to complain about. Wow.

I'd be careful of getting to pleased with this team. The last two games were nice, but a loss tonight can turn things around quickly. This team needs to stay hungry. You don't send much of a message if you only split a four game set.

SEALgep
05-22-2004, 06:24 PM
Let's put it this way: I'd prefer to be 3 or 4 times as wrong as I currently am. What have you been right about is what I want to know?

Win1ForMe
05-22-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
And of course you are welcome to joing us in the Chat Room (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/chat.php?setwidth=955&setheight=450).

How much longer is Harris out for? Not that it matters if these guys keep playing like this.

Thought I read on the Tribune site that Willie said he would play on Sunday. Don't know if he'll actually start, even if ready, seeing as how were facing Santana.

hempsox
05-22-2004, 06:41 PM
Woohooo!

Homefish is being pessimistic and that just fills me with joy and glee

Normally I would never suggest something like this for anyone because I believe that medications are the bain of our society but....
Homefish, I have just one suggestion for you:
:prozac

Now get up and get happy!

RKMeibalane
05-22-2004, 06:51 PM
Let's put it this way: I'd prefer to be 3 or 4 times as wrong as I currently am.

:prozac

batmanZoSo
05-22-2004, 07:02 PM
As great as the last two days have been, if we lose tonight, tomorrow becomes a must-win or this series will not have been a success. It won't be a disppointment in the scheme of things because the fact is we'll have split a four gamer in the dome. So at least we're in the clear as far as that goes. We just gotta win at least one more. Radke is hittable, they gotta hit him when they have the chance. The rotation matchups have flip-flopped now. It shouldn't be as easy these next two...

RKMeibalane
05-22-2004, 07:27 PM
Here we go again...

HomeFish
05-22-2004, 07:30 PM
Might want to pass all that Prozac around a little more...

RKMeibalane
05-22-2004, 07:31 PM
If Cotts can get out of this inning without any more damage, the Sox can easily get back in the game with the way they've been swinging the bats.

RKMeibalane
05-22-2004, 07:47 PM
The Sox get one run back on the double by Crede. 3-1 Twins.

RKMeibalane
05-22-2004, 07:50 PM
HR Morneau. 4-1 Twins.

BearSox
05-22-2004, 07:51 PM
And we give it right back :o: 4-1

RKMeibalane
05-22-2004, 07:56 PM
I don't see Cotts lasting much longer. He's eventually going to be a good starting pitcher, but that's still some time away. The Sox stand a better chance letting the bullpen try to keep the game close.

SEALgep
05-22-2004, 08:03 PM
Might want to pass all that Prozac around a little more... Lol, A loss tonight would no doubtedly be a disappointment, but your predictions have already fallen short. You have got to be the worst Sox fan around. Whatever makes you feel good about yourself I guess. I just get the impression you're depressed or something.

lowesox
05-22-2004, 08:06 PM
Here comes Mike Jackson. An odd choice by Ozzie. First of all, I would have liked to see Cotts work a full three innings. Especially since a zero in that third inning would make a big difference to his confidence. Also Jackson is a weird choice. I would have guessed for a guy like Adkins who could throw 2 or three innings.

Our bullpen is going to get burned out for tomorrow's game - and that'll be a must win if things don't change here.

TaylorStSox
05-22-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
As great as the last two days have been, if we lose tonight, tomorrow becomes a must-win or this series will not have been a success. It won't be a disppointment in the scheme of things because the fact is we'll have split a four gamer in the dome. So at least we're in the clear as far as that goes. We just gotta win at least one more. Radke is hittable, they gotta hit him when they have the chance. The rotation matchups have flip-flopped now. It shouldn't be as easy these next two...

"Must wins" in May. That's interesting. We're in the upper tier of the division. Splitting in the Twin Dome certianly isn't as bad.

SEALgep
05-22-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
Here comes Mike Jackson. An odd choice by Ozzie. First of all, I would have liked to see Cotts work a full three innings. Especially since a zero in that third inning would make a big difference to his confidence. Also Jackson is a weird choice. I would have guessed for a guy like Adkins who could throw 2 or three innings.

Our bullpen is going to get burned out for tomorrow's game - and that'll be a must win if things don't change here. We don't have anyone who can go more than 3 innings anyhow, so Adkins can just as easily come in an inning or two. The pen was going to get worn anyway today. Nothing has changed for tomorrow.

RKMeibalane
05-22-2004, 08:17 PM
Konerko is really swinging the bat well right now. This is the best he's looked since June of 2002.

RKMeibalane
05-22-2004, 08:19 PM
Sorry guys. I jinxed Paulie right there. He really is swinging the bat well, though.

RKMeibalane
05-22-2004, 08:35 PM
There is still time...

SEALgep
05-22-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
There is still time... We're not going anywhere. :smile:

RKMeibalane
05-22-2004, 08:44 PM
And Carlos... :angry: :angry: :angry:

SEALgep
05-22-2004, 08:45 PM
C Lee needs to go. No patience at the plate, and guys just eat him up knowing that.

RKMeibalane
05-22-2004, 08:49 PM
The Sox still have time to pull this one out, but it's looking less and less likely. The offense hasn't been there tonight, and Cotts looks like he still isn't ready for a starting role.

How can Jerry Reinsdorf sit by and watch his team send out mediocre pitchers whenever the fifth starter spot comes up? If I were in his place, that would be reason enough to spend money to find someone else.

RKMeibalane
05-22-2004, 08:55 PM
5-1 Twinkies.

RKMeibalane
05-22-2004, 08:56 PM
Did anyone else just see two idiots dancing? Sheesh...

RKMeibalane
05-22-2004, 08:57 PM
6-1. Morneau is killing the Sox.

RKMeibalane
05-22-2004, 08:58 PM
The Sox need to get the bats going. Only nine outs left...

RKMeibalane
05-22-2004, 09:07 PM
Now there are six outs left. This team continues to drive us insane.

Nard
05-22-2004, 09:26 PM
No Gload factor tonight.

MisterB
05-22-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
How can Jerry Reinsdorf sit by and watch his team send out mediocre pitchers whenever the fifth starter spot comes up?

If we were running mediocre pitchers out there in the #5 slot, we'd be OK. Problem is mediocre's a step up from what we've been throwing out there.

RKMeibalane
05-22-2004, 09:35 PM
Well, at least Frank, Maggs, and Paulie are still swinging the bat well. The Sox still have a chance to win three out of four, which is a step in the right direction as far as the Twins are concerned.

By the way, around this time last season, WGN showed a Saturday night telecast of a Sox-Twins game from the Metrodome. After the game, the movie Crimson Tide was shown.

Crimson Tide is scheduled to be aired at 10:30 this evening. Scary, isn't it?