PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 5/22/04

Hangar18
05-22-2004, 03:14 PM
For a brief shining moment, the SOX are able to Steal away
some attention with Giant Pictures in BOTH Papers today,
Especially in the Cub-Times today, garnering a Huge full page
pic of TimoPerez in the dugout (something usually reserved for whoever is home) The Front Page of the CubTimes ALSO has
a big picture of Hizzoner Mayor Daley in an interview with CBS correspondent Harry Smith. The caption mentions that BOTH
men chatted about their mutual love for the WhiteSox, and how Smith covered the cubs cap that was on the desk with a SOX cap.
Priceless.
The Cubune however, in defiance, still put out more cubfluff regarding Priors lugnut stint and a column detailing the effect his appearance had for said "A" team. Where did "fans" in fact, get details on the Who,What,Where and When on the lugnuts?
The Cubune of course.

Cubune:
6 cub stories
3 sox stories
Cub-Times:
4 cub stories
3 sox stories

Standings since Spring Training ..............Cubs opening big lead
692 Cub Stories
475 Sox Stories

SoxFan76
05-22-2004, 03:19 PM
Who else saw the readers comments (Tribune) when this girl was talking about Randy Johnson. She said it was a ridiculous comment to make because it will never happen. Ok, I understand that. Then she goes on to say he wants to go to a team with prestige and tradition, and a team with a legitimate shot to make the World Series. Uhhhh, ok, but she's starting to sound like a Cub fan. She suggests the Yankees, ok fine. Wait, now I know it's a Cub fan. She says Johnson should come to the team on the North side......WHAT? Prestige and tradition and a legitimate shot at the World Series?!?!?!?!!??!?!!? Yeah, I'm sure Johnson wants to come to a team called the "Loveable Losers". Cub fans are getting dumber by the day.

Hangar18
05-22-2004, 03:24 PM
a SOX SWEEP of the TWINS is sooooooooooo Important on a number of levels. Hopefully the Cardinals dont lie down ............
and the SOX can get some "attention" back ............

pearso66
05-22-2004, 06:42 PM
I would expect to see more and more of the Prior on the Lugnuts, it sounds as though he's going to play 3-4 more games for them. I read in a Trib article how they are going to make him a new jersey, and then they can have 2 to sell