PDA

View Full Version : zach greinke

habibharu
05-22-2004, 11:28 AM
he's supposed to make his first start today for the royals. let's see how he does. this guy is ranked as the top prospect in baseball in many places. hopefully, for our sake, he isnt that great!

SEALgep
05-22-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by habibharu
he's supposed to make his first start today for the royals. let's see how he does. this guy is ranked as the top prospect in baseball in many places. hopefully, for our sake, he isnt that great! I'm more worried about Detroit at this point than the Royals, and I'm not worried about Detroit.

MRKARNO
05-22-2004, 12:20 PM
He has been called by some as the next Mark Prior (even though Prior has had exactly one great season in his career. And some people call him a veteran pitcher....) so I think this is a player that we need to pay attention to because he could turn out to be a superstar pitcher. I dont think Pedro and Randy Johnson could make this team a division contender at this point, but I still think this could affect us in the future.

spanishwhite
05-22-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
He has been called by some as the next Mark Prior

Ive heard comparisons to Greg Maddux.

He doesnt have Prior's velocity.

Either way the Royals are going to need about 2 or 3 Grienke's
to save that team's chances.

lowesox
05-22-2004, 02:21 PM
Well I don't feel the slightest bit guilty about hoping he falls flat on his face. I'm sick of white sox prospects who never blossom into their potential. I want this to happen to other teams too. Not because the Royals are a division-rival (and I disagree SEALgep, KC is not as bad as they've looked), but just because I'm bitter.

lowesox
05-22-2004, 05:44 PM
5 innings pitched
5 hits
1 hr
2 er

Stands to pick up the win.
Exits with an era of 3.60

All in all, not a bad debut. ****.

SEALgep
05-22-2004, 05:45 PM
Very good debut. So now they only have four terrible lefty starters?

sas1974
05-22-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Very good debut. So now they only have four terrible lefty starters?

Exactly. Unless this guy can pitch everyday, I'm not too worried.

SEALgep
05-22-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
Exactly. Unless this guy can pitch everyday, I'm not too worried. And he gets the no decision anyway. It's very nice to have a strong starter, but even guys like Clemens and Johnson need a pen to finish it off for them. KC definitely doesn't have that either. 5-4 Oakland.