PDA

View Full Version : Franks Stomach

misty60481
05-22-2004, 10:38 AM
What is the latest on Big Frank stomach?? I hope he can play tonight his bat is heating up and we can use the extra power

SEALgep
05-22-2004, 10:57 AM
I haven't heard, but I feel good about him returning tonight. He was feeling sick right before game time, as if he had to throw up. Hopefully it was just a 24 hour flu bug or something. But as I said, I don't know, but I assume he'll be back tonight.

voodoochile
05-22-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
I haven't heard, but I feel good about him returning tonight. He was feeling sick right before game time, as if he had to throw up. Hopefully it was just a 24 hour flu bug or something. But as I said, I don't know, but I assume he'll be back tonight.

There is no such thing as a stomach flu bug. Stomach flu is almost always food poisoning on some level, though sometimes when people get sick, they also have digestive problems.

Makes me wonder who fed Hurt what and whether it was intentional. Wouldn't surprise me at all. Seems to happen often to star players when in their main opponents home town (MJ in Utah in 97 or 98 and others).

Hondo
05-22-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
There is no such thing as a stomach flu bug. Stomach flu is almost always food poisoning on some level, though sometimes when people get sick, they also have digestive problems.

Makes me wonder who fed Hurt what and whether it was intentional. Wouldn't surprise me at all. Seems to happen often to star players when in their main opponents home town (MJ in Utah in 97 or 98 and others).

Or to Esty last year in Minnesota

voodoochile
05-22-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Hondo
Or to Esty last year in Minnesota

I couldn't remember the other example I had. I knew there was one. I think something similar happened to Kobe against the Kings in the playoffs in Sacramento a few years ago too, but wasn't sure, so I gave up and typed "and others". Thanks for filling in the blanks.

SEALgep
05-22-2004, 12:29 PM

Makes me wonder who fed Hurt what and whether it was intentional. Wouldn't surprise me at all. Seems to happen often to star players when in their main opponents home town (MJ in Utah in 97 or 98 and others). You're right, I was only trying to suggest that it appears to be a temporary problem. Usually a little rest with an IV is good enough to make one feel a lot better. At the very worst, I would expect him to just miss one more game. Unless of course it is a flu bug, not stomach flu lol, that is making him legitimately sick.

ZachAL
05-22-2004, 12:40 PM
I couldn't remember the other example I had. I knew there was one. I think something similar happened to Kobe against the Kings in the playoffs in Sacramento a few years ago too, but wasn't sure, so I gave up and typed "and others". Thanks for filling in the blanks.

One of the bigger incidents was also when it also happened to Ed Belfour about 6 or 7 years ago when the blackhawks were playing the avalanche in Denver in the playoffs. I believe it was the hotel they were staying at gave him food poisining and he missed about 2 games, which of course we lost. It was extremely obvious what had happened was intentional.

DrummerGeorgefan
05-22-2004, 01:40 PM
IMO stomach cramps are no reason for a guy who only gets to bat 4 or so times to sit out an entire game........

Nard
05-22-2004, 01:44 PM
(MJ in Utah in 97 or 98 and others).

You are a ****ING MORON. MJ WAS JUST HUNGOVER FROM DRINKING ALL NIGHT LONG. AND HE WAS BARELY EVEN SICK HE PLAYED FINE, DIDN'T HE? What the **** are you talking about? :angry: :angry: :angry: GO JAZZ.

Oh, and there's no doubt Frank was intentionally poisoned. Why they would do it now and not in September is baffling.

epgalsoxfan
05-22-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by DrummerGeorgefan
IMO stomach cramps are no reason for a guy who only gets to bat 4 or so times to sit out an entire game........

Until he has diarhea on the base paths . . .

I think that is Frank only had stomach cramps he woul dhave played.

The media doesn't want to say that someone had the runs so they couldn't play. They're are just a little more delicate in their wording.

SEALgep
05-22-2004, 01:47 PM
IMO stomach cramps are no reason for a guy who only gets to bat 4 or so times to sit out an entire game........ It is if his at bats become counter productive to the team.

Palehose13
05-22-2004, 01:52 PM

You obviously had not had "stomach problems" before. Not fun. Especially when it is coming from both ends. :o:

voodoochile
05-22-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Nard
You are a ****ING MORON. MJ WAS JUST HUNGOVER FROM DRINKING ALL NIGHT LONG. AND HE WAS BARELY EVEN SICK HE PLAYED FINE, DIDN'T HE? What the **** are you talking about? :angry: :angry: :angry: GO JAZZ.

Oh, and there's no doubt Frank was intentionally poisoned. Why they would do it now and not in September is baffling.

Well, that was certainly enlightening. It's been a long time since someone decided to go off like that on me. I have no idea what you are thinking, but honestly there is no place on these boards for that kind of attack.

Do it again on me or any other poster, and you are gone.

I only go by what I read in the newspapers and saw on the TV. MJ was clearly hurting and everyone was reporting he had been up puking and pooping. You have evidence that your argument is valid, please post it.

Not my fault the Jazz were a bunch of whiny ass bitches who the Bulls dominated defensively both years they met in the Finals. Maybe it is time to let it go... :?:

Nard
05-22-2004, 02:14 PM
Whiny ass bitches... whiny ass bitches... :gulp:

valposoxfan
05-22-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Nard

That was intelligent. The Jazz never stood a chance in either series so get over it. Also, how you can just say that Frank was poisoned is ridiculous. Or is that another one of your fact based statements, like the fact based statement you made about MJ being sick because of drinking. Back up your points because right now you're making yourself look like an idiot.

Nard
05-22-2004, 03:33 PM
Alright. valposoxfan, considering this one under outlandish claims made in jest:

samram
05-22-2004, 04:05 PM
Not my fault the Jazz were a bunch of whiny ass bitches who the Bulls dominated defensively both years they met in the Finals. Maybe it is time to let it go... :?:

That's why I disliked the Jazz more than any other team they saw in the Finals. They whined about Rodman every second. Meanwhile, Stockton was grabbing crotches, and putting his foot down where guys would land to try to get twisted ankles, and all they would whine about is Rodman dared to play defense against their beloved Saint Karl.

Nard
05-22-2004, 04:23 PM
When did the Jazz whine once about Rodman?

The only thing I can think of that would be considered whining was the concern shown by Jerry after Rodman punched John. And by concern, I mean having to be held back by the entire coaching staff and a few of the players so MJ wouldn't have to visit Rodman in the morgue that night.

pearso66
05-22-2004, 05:52 PM
With the Bulls/Jazz talk this will probably be moved to the PL soon, but I do have to say, I remember vividly the Jazz whining about Rodman. Especially Karl. They didnt like the fact that Rodman would mess with them to get in their heads, and it was working.

SoxBoy14
05-22-2004, 05:56 PM
The important thing is that the Bulls won and the Jazz lost, so all you Jazz fans GET OVER IT!!!

Nard
05-22-2004, 06:05 PM
Dick Bavetta and a very "fuzzy" shot clock. That's all that has to be said.

Jeremy
05-23-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by misty60481
What is the latest on Big Frank stomach?? I hope he can play tonight his bat is heating up and we can use the extra power

Wow, his stomach must really be bad if he can't go to the plate 4 times and that's all he has to do the whole night.

I love baseball, but come on. Upset stomachs? Hurting your back from sneezing? A hockey player can break a nose and lose a tooth on the same play and not miss his next shift.

TornLabrum
05-23-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Jeremy
Wow, his stomach must really be bad if he can't go to the plate 4 times and that's all he has to do the whole night.

I love baseball, but come on. Upset stomachs? Hurting your back from sneezing? A hockey player can break a nose and lose a tooth on the same play and not miss his next shift.

Number one if he's throwing up or has diarrhea, I don't want him coming to the plate because he'll be completely worthless.

As far as sneezing causing one to have back spasms, as one who has suffered from them off and on for over 30 years, I can tell you that it's quite possible, especially if there is a pre-existing condition (which there apparently was).

How about leaving the medical advice to the MD's?

idseer
05-23-2004, 09:36 AM
well, this was certainly a strange thread. :smile:

vegyrex
05-23-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
Not fun. Especially when it is coming from both ends. :o:

You got that right. Its a real nightmare when that happens.

Jeremy
05-23-2004, 02:37 PM
they said it was an "upset stomach", not stomach flu. And I think Sosa's back injury from sneezing was caused by years of steriod abuse. The last couple of years Sosa has been put on the DL for real minor causes.

TornLabrum
05-23-2004, 02:54 PM
they said it was an "upset stomach", not stomach flu. And I think Sosa's back injury from sneezing was caused by years of steriod abuse. The last couple of years Sosa has been put on the DL for real minor causes.

For one thing, any competent doctor will tell you there is no such thing as stomach flu.

Secondly, my bad back was not caused by steroid abuse, and it goes out from minor little things...like sneezes. I also think Sosa probably abused steroids, but that's not the point. Back spasms are not minor. Ask anyone who has had them.

Jeremy
05-23-2004, 11:14 PM
well if you want to get technical then I never mentioned anything about back spasms, I said hurting your back, like Sosa did when he sneezed. He sprained a ligament in his lower back. Spraining ligaments when you do something minor like sneezing is a tell-tale sign of steriod abuse (ligaments are tissue that hold bones together, I asked my competent doctor about that one ) So don't get all snooty towards my remarks. I also never indicated you used steriods either.

As for the stomach flu, I don't know if that is real or not, but food poisioning is, and so is gastroenteritis. An upset stomach (the term used to describe Franks ailment) is what I used to say I had when I was six years old and wanted to take the rest of the day off school (denied, of course). I just thought the term sounded goofy for the reason a pro athelete had to miss some games. But trust me, sports teams will create "false" injuries for many different reasons. Who knows, Thomas could of had personal buisness to take care of those days, or something.

Cubbiesuck13
05-23-2004, 11:21 PM

there are so many stories of how tough hockey players are it is amazing. football doesn't hold a candle to hockey. i am amazed that field hockey does not produce more injuries, fewer pads and flinging a ball chest high. there was a guy who died from getting hit in the chest tho.

Jeremy
05-23-2004, 11:30 PM
by Field Hockey do you mean LaCrosse? LaCrosse would seem more dangerous to someone who has never played in an Ice Hockey checking league. I guess:
1. Since you can't run as fast as hockey players can skate
2. There are no wooden boards to get smashed into
3. The puck is shot harder and just as high (example: Jeremy Roenick's broken jaw in march)
4. They just don't hit nearly as much in LaCrosse
5. They wear better protection around their faces

I would never play LaCrosse or Football though.

Cubbiesuck13
05-23-2004, 11:36 PM
by Field Hockey do you mean LaCrosse? LaCrosse would seem more dangerous to someone who has never played in an Ice Hockey checking league. I guess:
1. Since you can't run as fast as hockey players can skate
2. There are no wooden boards to get smashed into
3. The puck is shot harder and just as high (example: Jeremy Roenick's broken jaw in march)
4. They just don't hit nearly as much in LaCrosse
5. They wear better protection around their faces

I would never play LaCrosse or Football though.

i have played hockey but never LaCrosse, so that is why i was thinking that it would cause many injuries. it seems like they hit eachother often. my point was that despite the speed and the boards and the puck, they wear more equipment than LaCrosse, but less than football. then again LaCrosse may wear tons, but i don't know.

Jeremy
05-23-2004, 11:46 PM
Actually I think we wear a little more than Football (the shin guards, the pants, and the gloves and elbow pads). I think Football and LaCrosse players are equal with the eqiupment (minus the gloves worn in LaCrosse)... but I haven't watched many LaCrosse matches, when I do, they never seem to hit.

Paulwny
05-24-2004, 12:32 PM
well if you want to get technical then I never mentioned anything about back spasms, I said hurting your back, like Sosa did when he sneezed. He sprained a ligament in his lower back. Spraining ligaments when you do something minor like sneezing is a tell-tale sign of steriod abuse (ligaments are tissue that hold bones together, I asked my competent doctor about that one ) So don't get all snooty towards my remarks. I also never indicated you used steriods either.

As for the stomach flu, I don't know if that is real or not, but food poisioning is, and so is gastroenteritis. An upset stomach (the term used to describe Franks ailment) is what I used to say I had when I was six years old and wanted to take the rest of the day off school (denied, of course). I just thought the term sounded goofy for the reason a pro athelete had to miss some games. But trust me, sports teams will create "false" injuries for many different reasons. Who knows, Thomas could of had personal buisness to take care of those days, or something.

Although not ligament related, I know 3 people who have popped rib bones from sneezing, including myself. The ages ranged from 35 to >50. A chiropactor told me that this is not as uncommon as people think.
If you can pop a rib bone I would suspect you can strain a ligament.

TornLabrum
05-24-2004, 10:22 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jeremy
[B]well if you want to get technical then I never mentioned anything about back spasms, I said hurting your back, like Sosa did when he sneezed. He sprained a ligament in his lower back. Spraining ligaments when you do something minor like sneezing is a tell-tale sign of steriod abuse (ligaments are tissue that hold bones together, I asked my competent doctor about that one ) So don't get all snooty towards my remarks. I also never indicated you used steriods either.

As for the stomach flu, I don't know if that is real or not, but food poisioning is, and so is gastroenteritis. An upset stomach (the term used to describe Franks ailment) is what I used to say I had when I was six years old and wanted to take the rest of the day off school (denied, of course). I just thought the term sounded goofy for the reason a pro athelete had to miss some games. But trust me, sports teams will create "false" injuries for many different reasons. Who knows, Thomas could of had personal

Or, as usual, you could just be full of ****.