PDA

View Full Version : Taste blood

gosox41
05-22-2004, 09:15 AM
I'm actually impressed the Sox offense has shown up 2 games in a row against Minnesota. Now that the Sox have won the first two games, I won't be satisifed with anything less then taking 3 out of 4 this series. If the Twins come back and win the next 2, I would consider it a huge letdown.

This is a good test for the Sox. Under JM, the Sox lacked that killer instinct (though Everett had a look in his eyes that scared me sometimes.) If things are different this year, the Sox will go for the jugular and walk out of Minnesota with a minimum of being tied for first place.

I hope the Sox players taste blood. It would send a huge message to go into the Twinkie-Dome and take 3 of 4 and cause some concern for the Twins.

Bob

owensmouth
05-22-2004, 09:37 AM
3 of 4??? I don't want no three of four. I want them all!!!

Why would a Sox fan want to split the remaining two games. I want the Sox to walk out of the garbage dome after giving the Twinkies one very large black eye. That way, the next time the Sox go to Minnesota, both teams know the White Sox are very capable of whupping them up there.

Three of four? Four of four is now what'll be considered satisfactory.

voodoochile
05-22-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by owensmouth

Why would a Sox fan want to split the remaining two games. I want the Sox to walk out of the garbage dome after giving the Twinkies one very large black eye. That way, the next time the Sox go to Minnesota, both teams know the White Sox are very capable of whupping them up there.

One game at a time, fellas. I just hope they come out and light Radke up tonight. He is the man to beat and the man the Twinkies feed off of. Sox need to be extra focused on offense and give Cotts some early runs.

Keep pounding them and then pound them some more. The time to take control of the division is right now.

and to paraphrase a cheer from my sisters HS fieldhockey team (the first private school team to make the state finals in any sport in Illinois): "Blood makes the (turf red), kill! kill! kill!"

jabrch
05-22-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
One game at a time, fellas. I just hope they come out and light Radke up tonight. He is the man to beat and the man the Twinkies feed off of. Sox need to be extra focused on offense and give Cotts some early runs.

Agreed - lets get one today. We certainly can do it.

(That said, if we win 3 of 4 at Minnesota, I'd take it.)

We'd come home Tuesday in FIRST PLACE for a 3 game series vs Texas. That would be awesome. The place should be PACKED on Tuesday.

lowesox
05-22-2004, 11:57 AM
Great point about a split being disapointing now. The players must feel that way too - and I'm sure Ozzie is reminding them. Today's game is especially interesting to me. One of their best starters against... I suppose you could say... our worst.

Let's steal one.

WSox8404
05-22-2004, 12:08 PM
4 OR BUST!!!

MRKARNO
05-22-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by WSox8404
4 OR BUST!!!

Let's take things one step at a time. 3 out of four would be incredible in and of itself. It is definately not a letdown if we take 3. These first two games have already done wonders for the confidence of our team. Four would be incredible, but "4 OR BUST" is just kinda foolish.

Gumshoe
05-22-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Let's take things one step at a time. 3 out of four would be incredible in and of itself. It is definately not a letdown if we take 3. These first two games have already done wonders for the confidence of our team. Four would be incredible, but "4 OR BUST" is just kinda foolish.

Guys, the series is 5! Let's take all of them. Put this team in their place.

G

voodoochile
05-22-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Gumshoe
Guys, the series is 5! Let's take all of them. Put this team in their place.

G

No, Monday is an off day. They moved it from Thursday, so there are conflicting schedules out there, but the series runs Th-Su.

gosox41
05-22-2004, 12:51 PM

4 of 4 would be above my expectations, but of course I would be thrilled to death. The Twins are a good team and should be recognized for that.

I was just making a statement based on 1. The Twins being a tough team 2. The Sox playing in the Metrodome 3. How hard it really is to sweep any team in a 3 game, let alone a 4 game series.

After last weekend, I was hoping the Sox would just hold their own in the Dome and maybe have an outside chance at 3 of 4. Obviously that has changed now.

Bob

Whitesox029
05-22-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
I'm actually impressed the Sox offense has shown up 2 games in a row against Minnesota. Now that the Sox have won the first two games, I won't be satisifed with anything less then taking 3 out of 4 this series. If the Twins come back and win the next 2, I would consider it a huge letdown.

This is a good test for the Sox. Under JM, the Sox lacked that killer instinct (though Everett had a look in his eyes that scared me sometimes.) If things are different this year, the Sox will go for the jugular and walk out of Minnesota with a minimum of being tied for first place.

I hope the Sox players taste blood. It would send a huge message to go into the Twinkie-Dome and take 3 of 4 and cause some concern for the Twins.

Bob
On the contrary, I think we should be thankful for at least split when I would say 85% of us were expecting 1 out of 4 at best. The way I see it, from this point in the series, the rest is profit.

pearso66
05-22-2004, 06:00 PM
I would have been ok with a split after last sunday's game, but now that we've won the first 2, you can't be happy with a split, thats Manuel talk right there. You have to go for the throat. at least 1 of the next 2 needs to be won

Dan H
05-22-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Whitesox029
On the contrary, I think we should be thankful for at least split when I would say 85% of us were expecting 1 out of 4 at best. The way I see it, from this point in the series, the rest is profit.

Considering what happened last season when the Sox lost 5 in a row after taking the first two, I would not consider a split a victory. This is time for the Sox to make a statement that last season is indeed a thing of the past. Besides, if they split, that means they will have lost one game to the Twins during the past week, and I am not impressed with that.

Three out of four sounds good. This is no time for a let up or to settle for crumbs. Do the Sox want to win this division or not?

Frankfan4life
05-22-2004, 06:20 PM

I think that would be the thinking of Twins fans and the Twins themselves if they were in our position. The way things look now, this is the only team standing in the way of a division title for the Sox. The Sox have to go for the jugular.

Hold them Neal! Offense, be ready to pound Radke into the dugout. GO SOX!!!