PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Burnitz?

mdep524
05-21-2004, 12:24 PM
From rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=MLB&id=5061

"The Denver Post suggests the White Sox could be in the market for Jeromy Burnitz. The article makes it sound like the Rockies would be the ones crazy to do the deal, when in reality all the Sox have to do is take a look at Burnitz's home/road splits before they run screaming the other way. That said, the White Sox are on the lookout for a lefty power hitter, and some officials have said Aaron Rowand is available."

I think a lefty bat would be nice, but Jeremy Burnitz and his .210 road BA (compared to .368 at cushy Coors) is not the answer! I don't think KW is dumb enough to do this.

Out of all these OF I've seen mentioned here- Everett, Finley, Grissom, Juan Gone, now Burnitz, I'm not overly-impressed with any of them. Finley is vastly overrated, because he is in the midst of a huge uncharacteristic hot streak of power. Grissom and Gonzalez are just old cranks. Of them all, I would take Everett.

Brian26
05-21-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by mdep524
"and some officials have said Aaron Rowand is available."

I can't believe it!

SoxxoS
05-21-2004, 12:28 PM
Everett or Finley are the only ones I want out of those that are expected to be available.

bobj4400
05-21-2004, 12:30 PM
and some officials have said Aaron Rowand is available.

FOC have no fear, no one will want him. He isnt going anywhere.

Irishsox1
05-21-2004, 12:33 PM
Rowand has been with the Sox since 2001 and has shown little improvement. However, Burnitz is not the answer. Yes a lefty is a helpful additon, but the Sox need someone who isn't a homerun or nothing type of hitter, the Sox already have plenty of homerun or nothing guys.

hold2dibber
05-21-2004, 12:34 PM
From rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=MLB&id=5061

"The Denver Post suggests the White Sox could be in the market for Jeromy Burnitz. The article makes it sound like the Rockies would be the ones crazy to do the deal, when in reality all the Sox have to do is take a look at Burnitz's home/road splits before they run screaming the other way. That said, the White Sox are on the lookout for a lefty power hitter, and some officials have said Aaron Rowand is available."

I think a lefty bat would be nice, but Jeremy Burnitz and his .210 road BA (compared to .368 at cushy Coors) is not the answer! I don't think KW is dumb enough to do this.

Out of all these OF I've seen mentioned here- Everett, Finley, Grissom, Juan Gone, now Burnitz, I'm not overly-impressed with any of them. Finley is vastly overrated, because he is in the midst of a huge uncharacteristic hot streak of power. Grissom and Gonzalez are just old cranks. Of them all, I would take Everett.

I agree about Burnitz, Grissom and Gonzalez. But I differ with your assesments of Finley and Everett. I like Everett a lot and wouldn't mind having him back - but not in CF. If the Sox could trade Lee or Ordonez for starting pitching, then maybe you bring in Everett to play a corner OF position (for example, the Sox send Lee and prospects (maybe Munoz, Rauch and a decent positional prospect) to the Expos for Everett AND Livan Hernandez). Otherwise, no thanks because he just can't play CF. And while some people are overvaluing Finley right now because of his hot streak, the fact remains that he is a damn good player. He isn't going to lead the league in homers for the year, but he's a solid defensive center fielder, hits lefty, and is good for a .850+ ops, 20+ HRs and 10-15 SBs. What's not to like?

thepaulbowski
05-21-2004, 12:55 PM
I'll trade Burnitz for Rowand straight up, how about that? :D: