PDA

View Full Version : Sox pitchers vs. Yankees

Jerry_Manuel
09-16-2001, 04:28 PM
From whitesox.com
on Saturday, Manuel announced that Mark Buehrle (13-7, 3.25), Gary Glover (4-2, 4.69) and Kip Wells (9-9, 4.15) will start in the three-game series vs. the Yankees ...

HootieMcBoob
09-16-2001, 07:03 PM
you know who's starting for the yanks in the series? clemens/burly matchup for game 1?? that'll be a good way to come back to baseball.

Daver
09-16-2001, 07:06 PM
I would think it would be Clemens,it was his turn in the rotation when play was suspended.

Jerry_Manuel
09-16-2001, 07:09 PM
From espn.com
The Yankees are apparently leaning toward starting Orlando Hernandez in Tuesday's game against the Chicago White Sox.

"Duque would be my guess at this point, because we know he threw (yesterday)," manager Joe Torre told the New York Daily News on Saturday. "Though I'm sure that Roger (Clemens) and Andy (Pettitte) did that, too.

The New York Post reported that Derek Jeter, Scott Brosius and Chuck Knoblauch should be healthy to play for the Yankees. However, Paul O'Neill likely won't be ready by Tuesday night when the Yankees re-start their season against the White Sox in Chicago.

Iguana775
09-16-2001, 08:16 PM
i guess a positive side of this, at least from a sox stand point, is that some of the guys could regain their breath. i know burly was starting to look tired.

GASHWOUND
09-16-2001, 09:18 PM
Why wouldn't he be starting Clemens on Tuesday? He's going for his 20th win and the "Yankee fans" along with the media would want to start off the NEW season with Clemens going for a milestone.
The guy is 19-1!!! Didn't "Jerry" say that this guy was injury proned or something to that extent?

I'm just wondering if the Sox had an opportunity to get Clemens.
The guy is DUE for a lose, isn't he?

Jerry_Manuel
09-16-2001, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
The guy is 19-1!!! Didn't "Jerry" say that this guy was injury proned or something to that extent?

I'm just wondering if the Sox had an opportunity to get Clemens.
The guy is DUE for a lose, isn't he?

I'm pretty sure it was Schu who said he was done or something to that affect. I believe this was the same year we signed Jaime.

Dadawg_77
09-16-2001, 10:50 PM
Torre doesn't care about the Sox and doesn't care when Rodger gets his 20th. He is taking this time to set his rotation for the playoffs, with the Red Sox out of it, the Yanks are in. Or at least thats what I would do. The White Sox, we out of it anyways so just start your best five.