PDA

View Full Version : Nice Takatsu Article

soxtalker
05-21-2004, 10:24 AM
Suntimes Takatsu Article (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-shingo21.html)

Baby Fisk
05-21-2004, 12:14 PM
Asked about Takatsu's progress, Guillen said: ''In spring training, we thought Shingo wouldn't make this team. Well, we knew Shingo would make this team, but we had a lot of talks about what we could get from him. But he's been huge from the bullpen. He has more confidence, and now I'm not afraid to bring him in against a lefty or righty in any situation. Now I know he has the confidence to get people out.''
Shingo has definitely come into his own during the season. I've said it before and say it again: for him to throw the kind of hair-raising junk that he does, Shingo's got to have loads of testicular fortitude. :cool:

The Big Squirt
05-21-2004, 12:46 PM
It is great to see an article about him. I think the tv and radio media shy away becauseof the translation issue. It was great to get to know him better.

Nard
05-21-2004, 06:52 PM
They said during one of the ESPN games that after his first win, the rest of the guys gave him a beer shampoo (they couldn't give him the full beer shower because it was the first game of a double header).