PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for Hangar's Media Watch...

bobj4400
05-21-2004, 09:14 AM
I cant wait for it. The coverage was abhorrent this morning...

bobj4400
05-21-2004, 09:18 AM
Moronotti actually complimenting Sox fans this morning...

He said, "Sox fans are not as crazy as Cubs fans. They actually understand the length of the season and that there will be ups and downs. I know I am making sweeping generalizations here, but they just arent as nuts as Cubs fans."

Who is this man, and what did he do with the real Moron?

Baby Fisk
05-21-2004, 09:21 AM
CUBS almost WIN

PRIOR/WOOD/SOSA WATCH

WATCH WATCH

MADDUX CLOSING IN ON 300 WINS

Moronotti column: "And now, another 500 words about the White Flag Trade"

sox also played last night

woodenleg
05-21-2004, 09:32 AM
I know - I had to go about six or eight pages into the paper to read about last night's game.

OMG CUBS LOSE AGAIN!

I try not to whine about media bias that much - I know it's there, but I think it's just futile. Last week, however, has been ridiculous. So much ink devoted to the Cubs LOSING.

kittle42
05-21-2004, 09:40 AM
You are all un-American.

npdempse
05-21-2004, 10:41 AM
Why is the media watch in the parking lot?

kittle42
05-21-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by npdempse

An excellent question. I know it went off on a bit of a Cub tangent today, but it often does. Many people have said how they never put any stock in the bias talk until Hangar's threads really made them notcie it. I think it is important to keep those threads in the main area.

owensmouth
05-21-2004, 11:02 AM
"So much ink devoted to the Cubs LOSING."

Actually, I do enjoy seeing articles about the Cubs losing.

Hangar18
05-21-2004, 11:14 AM

:sahaf

It is there because you are all blasphemous pigs !!! The Greatness of the Cubs knows no bounds ........... Yet you
ungrateful savages persist in speaking Lies of the Great and Historic Franchise !

Hangar18
05-21-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by kittle42
............ Many people have said how they never put any stock in the bias talk until Hangar's threads really made them notcie it. I think it is important to keep those threads in the main area.

There is a certain person who Works in the media here, (to what Extent I dont know) I cant mention his name, but he did say to me that he "heard" about my little grassroots effort to Expose the Truth, and now "secretly" visits WSI to check. Not sure what will come of it, but I thought it was pretty cool .............

Hokiesox
05-21-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
You are all un-American.

and communist too. Get thyselves to Northern Korea.

nasox
05-21-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Hokiesox
and communist too. Get thyselves to Northern Korea.

And apparently Shakespearean.

Blueprint1
05-21-2004, 02:52 PM
I cant believe we were on page six of the suntimes sports section. Thats crazy this is a huge series for the sox. We won the game. Oh yeah and Prior is on the front page of the paper. This is just stupid.

CubKiller
05-21-2004, 03:01 PM

Yeah, did it get moved there? Why?

I know the whole media bias issue probably falls under the 'beating a dead horse' category for some, but the subject of the thread is clear from the title.

It is quite simple to, uh, not read the thread unless you're interested.

If the media watch threads are permanently placed in the parking lot, it's a bad move in my opinion.

:knue
"no really, it's okay...bury the truth as deep as you possibly can..."

npdempse
05-21-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
:sahaf

I miss the kinder, gentler days of the Iraqi war.

C-Dawg
05-21-2004, 03:38 PM
Ever listen to WXRT in the mornings? They are famous for their Cub-fan staff. Now they've reinstated Billy Corgan as their "Cubs Correspondant" to give Cub updates and thoughts twice a week.

Don't get me wrong. The man is a talented musician. But almost anyone can look at a couple newspapers and write a more insightful narrative than Billy's ramblings about the Cubs. To me, the funniest part was when he said the St. Louis fans have an attitude! Attitude?? If "attitude" doesn't fit Cub fans, I don't know what does. It almost makes me want to get tickets to this weekends series at Wrigley just to root for the Cards.