PDA

View Full Version : Are we corpseball or an offensive juggernaut?

Bisco Stu
05-21-2004, 01:42 AM
It's been a paradoxical season so far, but I'm siding with the latter (juggernaut), but consistency is key.

One way to achieve that consistency is to start Timo EVERY GAME and let him get into a rhythm.

doublem23
05-21-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu

One way to achieve that consistency is to start Timo EVERY GAME and let him get into a rhythm.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see Timo Perez being the key to this season.

cburns
05-21-2004, 01:47 AM
consistency would be nice...i think that when they arent swinging the bats well they have to be able to play small ball and manufacture runs, and the past week they werent able to do that, if they could do that when the bats are cold this could be a dangerous team

wilburwood
05-21-2004, 02:19 AM
Hopefully as Ozzie learns his team and this league it will get more consistent. I just hafta be optimistic, too much pessimism going on. :) :notwinks

Bisco Stu
05-21-2004, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see Timo Perez being the key to this season.

Did I write "one way" or "key?"

Chisox_cali
05-21-2004, 05:26 AM
Here is something funny. I looked up the Sox record when Timo starts, and it's 10-3.

SSN721
05-21-2004, 06:55 AM
I have beena strong proponent of Harris so far, so I would have to say that if starting Timo meant benching Harris I am not sure if I quite agree with that. I do think Timo should get more playing time, a platoon situation in CF which it looks like things are shaping up to be. I gotta say that ROss Gload is starting to become my favorite new player to this bunch, he just looks great out there. And I think if this team figures things out they can be an offensive juggernaut.

BigEdWalsh
05-21-2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by SSN721
I have beena strong proponent of Harris so far, so I would have to say that if starting Timo meant benching Harris I am not sure if I quite agree with that. I do think Timo should get more playing time, a platoon situation in CF which it looks like things are shaping up to be. I gotta say that ROss Gload is starting to become my favorite new player to this bunch, he just looks great out there. And I think if this team figures things out they can be an offensive juggernaut.

I agree with everything but being a strong proponent of Harris. Gload has become my favorite too. And I think I like this CF platoon thing thats been happening. I think it's working.

ma_deuce
05-21-2004, 08:40 AM
Are we corpseball or an offensive juggernaut?

It matters what day it is.

Deuce

Railsplitter
05-21-2004, 08:49 AM
Maybe the Sox are getting their fecal material together.

:notwinks

Baby Fisk
05-21-2004, 10:45 AM
If Buerhle's past 2 starts are anything to go by, the Sox should continue their Big Beltin' ways for him tonight. :cool:

kermittheefrog
05-21-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
It's been a paradoxical season so far, but I'm siding with the latter (juggernaut), but consistency is key.

So the logic flows:

We may be an offensive juggernaut.
Therefore we must play Timo Perez every game.

Pure genius!

Hangar18
05-21-2004, 01:13 PM
I hope that Ozzy stays with a Consistent lineup.
Uribe should play EVERYDAY.

poorme
05-21-2004, 01:19 PM
Seems like the best way would be to minimize the use of Rowand.

JRIG
05-21-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by poorme

Well, he still should be starting against LHP. He hits lefties very well, as a fourth outfielder should. But playing him every day against RHP is just suicide.

mdep524
05-21-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by poorme

I agree Rowand should be used as infrequently as possible- i.e. against lefties only. But I don't think Timo Perez is the anser. Something about that guy strikes me the wrong way- it seems like he doesn't hustle. Getting picked off second base yesterday didn't help matters.

poorme
05-21-2004, 01:32 PM
Timo is kind of a lesser of two evils thing.

Whitesox029
05-21-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I hope that Ozzy stays with a Consistent lineup.
Uribe should play EVERYDAY.
I don't mean to be picky, but did you spell it "Ozzy" on purpose? Usually I don't say anything about things like that but my curiosity is getting the better of me.

As to the topic at hand, I don't think anyone knows what sort of season this is. It's almost as if we have two separate lineups. It's just a matter of which one's going to show up on a given day.

niucons
05-21-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by mdep524
I agree Rowand should be used as infrequently as possible- i.e. against lefties only. But I don't think Timo Perez is the anser. Something about that guy strikes me the wrong way- it seems like he doesn't hustle. Getting picked off second base yesterday didn't help matters.

Timo is NOT the answer. Harris in center against righties, Rowand against lefties, and in left late in the game for defense. Uribe at 2nd and to spell Crede at 3rd, although Joe is hitting the hell out of the ball when he makes contact. Give him some more time, he'll be fine. I'd like to see Olivo get more playing time, the whole Alomar lefty, Olivo righty thing has me pissed off. Olivo is simply much better then Alomar at this point, he should be in 140 games, not 90.