PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Eat Your Words Here Postgame thread

Bucktown
05-20-2004, 10:52 PM
LASOXFAN (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=390952#post390952)

MRKARNO (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=389887#post389887)

...and my favorite...
StepsInSC (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=389947#post389947)

StepsInSC
05-20-2004, 10:53 PM
AHAHAHA Just call me Rob Dibble.

and P.S. yes I did crap my pants.

voodoochile
05-20-2004, 10:53 PM
Sox Win! 10-3!

Take that Twinkies! Frank is on FIRE!!!

:bandance:

RKMeibalane
05-20-2004, 10:55 PM
Let's see if the Sox can keep this going for the next few months. :D:

OEO Magglio
05-20-2004, 10:55 PM
The twins thought they were the White Sox tonight. But great game by the sox tonight, buehrle tomorrow, keep it going and lets take at least 3 of 4 from those twinks.

Unregistered
05-20-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by StepsInSC
and P.S. yes I did crap my pants. Well that's just downright UNSANITARY. :D: Here's to another "load" of laundry tomorrow. :gulp:

MRKARNO
05-20-2004, 10:56 PM
I will eat my words. The Sox look like they have finally picked it up and I attribute that to the greatest hitter in white Sox history: Frank Thomas. When he's on, the Sox are on. I hope he stays on for the rest of this series. We've been scoring a lot of runs of Buerhle so I predict we score at least 7 tomorrow...as long as Rowand is out of the lineup.

To be honest I was going to say half when I wrote that post, but I changed my mind at the last second because a lot of people would probably think I was crazy for predicting 7-8 runs. I am certainly overjoyed right now. I never said they couldn't do it, unlike many others here, i Just said that I'd be overjoyed. Kudos to Frank and our White Sox in this game

delben91
05-20-2004, 10:58 PM
Amazingly Konerko seemed to swing well tonight too. Imagine if the Sox actually had 2 or 3 hitters hot at once for a stretch?

BearSox
05-20-2004, 10:59 PM
I'm starting to buy into the good weather bad weather theory of Sox hitting, theres is n o weather in the crapdome, unless they play around with the air conditioner every half inning.

StepsInSC
05-20-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Well that's just downright UNSANITARY. :D: Here's to another "load" of laundry tomorrow. :gulp:

Exactly. I will continue to be negative if it means they continue to win. :D:

batmanZoSo
05-20-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
I will eat my words. The Sox look like they have finally picked it up and I attribute that to the greatest hitter in white Sox history: Frank Thomas. When he's on, the Sox are on. I hope he stays on for the rest of this series. We've been scoring a lot of runs of Buerhle so I predict we score at least 7 tomorrow...as long as Rowand is out of the lineup.

To be honest I was going to say half when I wrote that post, but I changed my mind at the last second because a lot of people would probably think I was crazy for predicting 7-8 runs. I am certainly overjoyed right now. I never said they couldn't do it, unlike many others here, i Just said that I'd be overjoyed. Kudos to Frank and our White Sox in this game

It turns out the first inning was the fluke.

We've outscored them 21-3 in the last two games, and now tied on the season. It was huge to win the first game. Now you just need one for the minimum, and only two more for first place. Three more would be even better.

If Frank keeps hitting close to this, we're gonna go on a big time tear. Hell if we score 6 runs a game for a whole month, we'll repeat June of 2000 with our pitching.

MRKARNO
05-20-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by delben91
Amazingly Konerko seemed to swing well tonight too. Imagine if the Sox actually had 2 or 3 hitters hot at once for a stretch?

If Frank is hot, we're gonna be real tough to beat. If Frank and someone else are hot, we're gonna have to be real awful to lose

chisox06
05-20-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by StepsInSC
Exactly. I will continue to be negative if it means they continue to win. :D:

Ah the old reverse psycology, hey whatever works. Who says Maggs is this franchise? But Damn I hope hes back tomorrow. :gulp: cheers sox fans!

OEO Magglio
05-20-2004, 11:05 PM
If Frank is hot, we're gonna be real tough to beat. If Frank and someone else are hot, we're gonna have to be real awful to lose
Frank absolutely amazes me and I'm just going to leave it at that. PK today seemed to be using a little timing mechanism in his at bat today he seemed to be using a high leg kick and really timing it.

WSox8404
05-20-2004, 11:13 PM
Just think everyone, we got all of this done today and we didn't even have our leadoff hitter or our best hitter in the lineup. I just hope we can keep this pace up. We will be unbeatable with our pitching. I think this year is shaping up to be a great one.

Win1ForMe
05-20-2004, 11:14 PM
That was a great win and it's so nice to see Frank swing the bat well.

I was also really impressed after we came back from that 2-0 defecit. That 1st inning looked to be one of the worst, if not the worst, full innings we've had all year. So even though we only trailed by 2 runs, it felt as if it was more given the way we started.

Hope we win tomorrow and take some pressure off Neal on Saturday.

Lip Man 1
05-20-2004, 11:16 PM
Excellent, EXCELLENT start. Nice to see Frank hot...and what is the prognosis on Mags and Harris. Is it still day to day?

Lip

MRKARNO
05-20-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Excellent, EXCELLENT start. Nice to see Frank hot...and what is the pronosis on Mags and Harris. Is it still day to day?

Lip

Nice optimism Lip! Sounds like Maggs will be back tomorrow. Harris maybe a day or two more.

idseer
05-20-2004, 11:24 PM
just now got the lowdown on the game and what a welcome game. i hope frank and paul can keep this up for awhile and good to see uribe get a couple after a small dive.

let's go get the next one and don't worry about the one after that.

doublem23
05-20-2004, 11:27 PM
Willie Harris looks like he'll be out for a few days. (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/4527/situational?year=career&type=Batting)

Prognosis on Magglio seems a bit better. He said he could have stayed in the game, on Wednesday, if needed. (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/5889/news)

Brian26
05-20-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by delben91

PK has always been a great fastball hitter.

ma_deuce
05-20-2004, 11:38 PM
:)

'nuff said.

lowesox
05-20-2004, 11:40 PM
Congrats guys - great game. But lets not get too high.

If I'm Ozzie, I'd be tearing this team to bits right now. It's the old coaching principle - when the players are too low, give them confidence. Too high, make'em hungry.

MRKARNO
05-20-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
Congrats guys - great game. But lets not get too high.

If I'm Ozzie, I'd be tearing this team to bits right now. It's the old coaching principle - when the players are too low, give them confidence. Too high, make'em hungry.

:jerry

"Or my principle, when a player is doing really well, sit him!"

batmanZoSo
05-21-2004, 12:02 AM
:jerry

"Or my principle, when a player is doing really well, sit him!"

:)

mdep524
05-21-2004, 12:10 AM
What a great win, all the way around! A pleasure to watch (except for the 1st inning). I really love seeing Frank hitting #3, I hope he continues to do so when Maggs gets back. I also loved the balanced line up: R, L, R, R, L, R, L, R, R.

The only bit of caution I would offer is that the Sox still have to prove they can beat the Twins in a close game. I am not being negative, and obviously I am overjoyed to see the Sox beat the bloody pulp out of the Twinkies, in Minnie no less!! But it remains to be seen how the Sox would do in a 4-3 game in the late innings. The Twins love coming back from 1, 2 or 3 runs down. Do we have full confidence that Billy Koch could hold them down in the 9th? Marte gave up a lead last weekend, was it a fluke?

Once the Sox prove they can beat the Twins without dominating (i.e. by less than 3 runs or so) I will really be impressed, and that's the quality of a playoff team!

...Of course if they score 10 runs every night, I'll take that too. :D:

WhiteSox = Life
05-21-2004, 12:19 AM
You can't eat words when you don't type any up (though I've always been a rather optimistic person).

One thing is for true, I've been very impressed by Frank. The last couple of games he's been en fuego, to add some flavor to this post. Except for the one stretch where he was getting on base without hits (which plummeted his average down to around .240 and is now back up to about .285), he's been hitting the ball well all season.

The biggest reason why Frank's smoking right now: he's gotten some hits to right field and he even had a shot off the baggy tonight! When I saw the ball come off his bat, I knew he hit it hard and if not for that "wall" he would've had a solid home run to RF.

Frank hitting to all fields means great, great (and for emphasis and one more set of parentheses I use so much irrelevant information!), great things.

:hurt
"Yeah, Life, you better start bowing some more."

StillMissOzzie
05-21-2004, 12:41 AM
Great start to this series! I think it was important to show the Twinkies that we can beat them in THEIR back yard, and to make it a butt-kicking was all the better. Granted, against one of their weaker starters, but he beat us once.

And I was worried that they'd drop a turd after the Cleveland thrashing!

SMO
:gulp:

mdep524
05-21-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
The biggest reason why Frank's smoking right now: he's gotten some hits to right field and he even had a shot off the baggy tonight! When I saw the ball come off his bat, I knew he hit it hard and if not for that "wall" he would've had a solid home run to RF.

Frank hitting to all fields means great, great (and for emphasis and one more set of parentheses I use so much irrelevant information!), great things.

I love it when Frank hits to right field. :D: :D: :D:

batmanZoSo
05-21-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by mdep524
What a great win, all the way around! A pleasure to watch (except for the 1st inning). I really love seeing Frank hitting #3, I hope he continues to do so when Maggs gets back. I also loved the balanced line up: R, L, R, R, L, R, L, R, R.

The only bit of caution I would offer is that the Sox still have to prove they can beat the Twins in a close game. I am not being negative, and obviously I am overjoyed to see the Sox beat the bloody pulp out of the Twinkies, in Minnie no less!! But it remains to be seen how the Sox would do in a 4-3 game in the late innings. The Twins love coming back from 1, 2 or 3 runs down. Do we have full confidence that Billy Koch could hold them down in the 9th? Marte gave up a lead last weekend, was it a fluke?

I have a feeling we're really hitting stride right now. Frank is clearly on fire and who knows when he'll stop. We got a rematch of Buehrle/Silva where last time we won 11-0. We've outscored opponents 26-0 in Buehrle's last two starts. Prospects look good for tomorrow. If this team hits to their potential there's no way anyone's gonna beat us in this division. There might not be any close Minnesota games if this trend continues.

White_Sock
05-21-2004, 01:55 AM
Hey, I want a thread commemorating me when my prophesy of a sweep comes true.

LASOXFAN
05-21-2004, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by Bucktown
LASOXFAN (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=390952#post390952)

MRKARNO (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=389887#post389887)

...and my favorite...
StepsInSC (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=389947#post389947)

I will eat them in a box, I will eat them with a fox, I do not like the stinking Twins, I just want the freaking wins.

But really, with as many times as we've seen the Twins come back in games not only against the Sox but everyone in the league, didn't you expect to see them make a run?

IA_soxfan
05-21-2004, 04:32 AM
First of all, I'd just like to say that I am elated over the sox win tonight. BUT...this team has been VERY inconsistent this year and I'm not going to get my hopes up until we win this series. (Actually...I'm secretly hoping against hope that we sweep these pesky bastards and put a dagger right in their chests). Cautiously optimistic...GO SOX!!!!

SSN721
05-21-2004, 07:25 AM
Great game, great win, just thought it was kinda unfair to call out MRKARNO, he always seems to be one of the optomisitc posters around here, quite rare. :D: ANyway, I am glad they finally came back and really slapped this team silly, I was pretty worried after that horrid first inning, would not have thought it would turn out the way it started after that. Lets keep it going and beat the Yellow Die #5 out of those Twinkie bastards. :)

Realist
05-21-2004, 08:00 AM
In front of witnesses in the chat room I asked if I'm the only one that realizes that the Sox are going to run away with the division. This is what we call a "win win" comment. If I'm right, I look like the genius that my mom told everybody I am. If I'm wrong, we'll all be so freaked out by the pennant race or nose dive the Sox will have had to have taken to give a damn what the hell I said in May.

I think it's safe to say we all hope I'm a genius. :D:

BigEdWalsh
05-21-2004, 08:05 AM
Boy, I don't know about a sweep. But in the poll predicting the outcome of this series, I predicted a split. I'd like to revise that. We can take 3! And I will admit, a sweep has crept into mind.
GO SOX! :biged

HomeFish
05-21-2004, 08:13 AM
Careful. Let's actually win 2 before talking about 3 or 4.

voodoochile
05-21-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by HomeFish

Don't be afraid. It's okay to actually want the Sox to succeed. It's okay to commit to the moment to say, "I believe. Full speed ahead and damn the torpedos". Really it is...

Let your inner Sox freak out and dance like a madman...

:supernana:<------------------VC

Dan H
05-21-2004, 10:14 AM
As I recall, the Sox won two in a row against Twins last September before dropping five straight. I don't think anything like that will happen here, but I want to see more consistency before I really get excited. But this is more than a good start. They needed this first game and now Buerhle is going in game two. Things look better than they did last weekend.

MRKARNO
05-21-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by HomeFish

I thought we were damn lucky to get that one win and now you're talking two wins? You really think we're gonna lose 3 straight? And you still havent responded to my call to give evidence as to why you're so pessimistic.