PDA

View Full Version : Who do you hate more?

lowesox
05-20-2004, 09:26 PM
The indians of the late nineties or the twins for the last few years? The Sox have had divisional wars with each of those teams.

Personally, I loved hating the Indians. I loved making fun of how fat Bartolo Colon was - and how much of a headcase Jarod Wright is. And before we took Belle from them - I hated him too. I also respected the indians more too. I always felt like they were legit WS candidates.

I find the twins boring - even though they're obviously a pretty feisty team. I suppose I just don't respect them as much.

Just something I was thinking about as we kick off this 4 game set.

OurBitchinMinny
05-20-2004, 09:28 PM
I hate the twins more, but I think its because i live here and have had to listen to all their talking and bragging the last 2 years. Its sickening.

doublem23
05-20-2004, 09:31 PM
I definitely hate the Twins more because of the way they find ways to win games. At least with the Indians they did things the good ol' fashioned way to beating the crap out of the other team.

samram
05-20-2004, 09:32 PM
I hate the Twins more. I knew the Indians were better than the Sox, they had an All-Star at every position almost. Even though the Twins have a lot of talent, they're like a bunch of Joe Randas, only out to get us. Screw them. :angry:

C-Dawg
05-20-2004, 09:34 PM
I hate the Twins, for a variety of reasons.

I never disliked the Indians. Even in 1997, I rooted for them over the Marlins in the WS.

StockdaleForVeep
05-20-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
The indians of the late nineties or the twins for the last few years? The Sox have had divisional wars with each of those teams.

Personally, I loved hating the Indians. I loved making fun of how fat Bartolo Colon was - and how much of a headcase Jarod Wright is. And before we took Belle from them - I hated him too. I also respected the indians more too. I always felt like they were legit WS candidates.

I find the twins boring - even though they're obviously a pretty feisty team. I suppose I just don't respect them as much.

Just something I was thinking about as we kick off this 4 game set.

I hated the Tribe cuz it always seemed lofton or thome would clutch and kill us. I recall i think it was a garland or wells game he had a no hitter goin, 1 error occured and then we gave up 6-8 runs. It seems like we'd need 1 run and then play perfect baseball rest of the way

Also i couldnt laugh at colon, he'd be pepperin fireballs at us in the hi 90's in the 8th inning when we'd be on our third or 4th pitcher

StepsInSC
05-20-2004, 11:09 PM
Weren't the Indians the favorites though most of the time? At least for me, its so much easier to hate the team that isn't supposed to beat you but consistently finds ways of doing it!

chisox56
05-20-2004, 11:15 PM
I hated the indians more because they were constantly praised on baseball tonight by gammons and ravech and never won a world series.

MRKARNO
05-20-2004, 11:18 PM
The Twins because it's a lot more frustrating with them. They're a group of nobodies who always seem to get it done vs the Sox. The Indians had tons of legit talent, Thome, Manny, Bartolo, Lofton, but the Twins just have crappy players who seem to be able to get it done only when it matters and in improbable times which is really frustrating. It was honorable to lose to the Tribe, but not the Twins.

lowesox
05-20-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by chisox56
I hated the indians more because they were constantly praised on baseball tonight by gammons and ravech and never won a world series.

Yeah. The indians were choke artists. That made them tolerable as adversaries.

ma_deuce
05-20-2004, 11:38 PM
Indians... it was all we heard about for years. They were the "lovable losers" back then.

Deuce

TomC727
05-21-2004, 12:27 AM
I don't care about the indians now but I personally hated the indians back in the 90's more than I hate the twins now. Everytime the tribe would come to town, going to games, you have to deal with the indians fans. The tribe fans were complete asses. I couldn't stand them. It's like they would overtake Comiskey.

kittle42
05-21-2004, 12:28 AM
1997....best World Series ever. Stupid Tony Fernandez.

batmanZoSo
05-21-2004, 12:35 AM
I hate the Twins a lot more, it's not even close.

We usually came out on top of the Indians battle when we were actually on the same level (unlike 97-99 when they were at their best and we were at our worst). There were those years when they were a juggernaut and we weren't very good and they beat us. But when it was on, we usually beat them. It's the opposite with the Twins. And we never had these wars of words with the Tribe as we do with the Twins. At least not that I remember.

They had so many great players and a beatiful park, it was fun to watch the Sox play in Cleveland and beat them. With the Twins they play in a depressing hellhole that favors the home team dramatically and they have all these no names getting cheap hits and we always used to give games away. The tribe rivalry was at least satisfying. I liken the Twins rivalry to the Bears Packers only it's not nearly as one-sided. We've closed the gap every year since 2001. We had them beat last year but choked under Manuel the last five games.

batmanZoSo
05-21-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by kittle42
1997....best World Series ever. Stupid Tony Fernandez.

What did he do? I remember he almost dropped a pop up to end the inning in the 9th that would've ended the series...he kind of ran into Ramirez.

That was an awesome world series. It was snowing in Cleveland for one game then 85 in Miami the next.

ode to veeck
05-21-2004, 12:50 AM
Hate the Twinks much more these days and thats what counts

WhiteSox = Life
05-21-2004, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by TomC727
I don't care about the indians now but I personally hated the indians back in the 90's more than I hate the twins now. Everytime the tribe would come to town, going to games, you have to deal with the indians fans. The tribe fans were complete asses. I couldn't stand them. It's like they would overtake Comiskey.

Enjoy your time at WSI!

:smile:

SSN721
05-21-2004, 07:34 AM
It has to be the Twins for me, the way they are fawned over by national media, trashtalk, and the goofy ways they always seem to win against us. In past years the Twins have made the White Sox look like a joke when they would play, always beating the snot out of us. At least the Indians were a legit contender and we always played them hard. I just cant stand the Twins attitude and the way in the past this team has layed down to them. That will change this year though. :D:

voodoochile
05-21-2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by TomC727

Hey, Welcome Aboard! :D:

Check your private messages...

BigEdWalsh
05-21-2004, 07:57 AM
I hated the Indians more. Thome killed the Sox with homers. Albert Belle was such an easy target to hate. It was hard to like him when he joined the Sox. Vizquel was such a good fielder. There's really nobody on the Twinkies that I out and out hate.
Also, I felt the Indians fans were very full of themselves and always bragging about how they filled the park night after night. Gee, where are they now?

Railsplitter
05-21-2004, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by BigEdWalsh

Also, I felt the Indians fans were very full of themselves and always bragging about how they filled the park night after night. Gee, where are they now?

More to the point where those people during the lean years in Municipal Stadium? And they had the gall to blast Albert Belle for a percieved lack of loyalty!

p.s. Anybody else see that bird sitting on one of the seats at the Jake the other night?

BigEdWalsh
05-21-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
More to the point where those people during the lean years in Municipal Stadium?

Absolutely! That's what used to tick me off so much about their bragging. I remember too well seeing really small crowds in that huge ballpark all the time. And they had a loooong stretch of lean years.