Olivo c

MRKARNO
05-20-2004, 06:06 PM
That's interesting to say the least

voodoochile
05-20-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
That's interesting to say the least

Yeah, I am starting to wonder if Ozzie isn't just throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks.

As to the game, remember that the Char Room (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/chat.php?setwidth=955&setheight=450) is open...

jeremyb1
05-20-2004, 07:26 PM
So a few observations so far.

1) What is Uribe doing leading off first like that? I hope he was going on that pitch and not just attemping to get a large lead for the sake of getting a good leadoff. There's no excuse for getting picked off in those situations. Your odds of scoring are so much better with the leadoff hitter on with no outs than one out and no one on base. You have to be extremely careful there.

2) The Twins broadcasters have never bothered me that much in the past. Tonight they're driving me insane. They've placed an extreme amount of emphasis on the players the Twins are missing due to injury. Let's get this straight. Rivas is not a good player. One of the positions they're highlighting as altered due to injury is left field. Well, Lew Ford is hitting .350!! Cry me a river. In light of all these injuries they waited until 20 minutes into the broadcast to mention that Ordonez and Harris were out due to injury. They even had the gall to state the Sox had struggled in CF trying 4 players without finding an answer. I think Harris whose hitting over .300 would be hitting there if not for injuries.

The other obnoxious analysis is that the Sox have struggled due to their lack of a solid fifth starter wheras the Twins have been better because they have Greisinger. Griesinger's ERA was 6.87 prior to his last start!! They made a point of stating that Greisinger had not allowed more than 3 ER in any start. Well, 3 ER in 4.2 innings is not good! Neither is 1 ER in 2 IP or 2 ER in 4 IP. You don't get a 6+ ERA without pitching poorly. That's not to say he won't pitch well in the future - we're dealing with a small sample size - but to suggest he's been good so far is ridiculous.

elrod
05-20-2004, 07:30 PM
Why did Loaiza throw outside to Hunter when the target was inside? He should have beaned him or made him scared. Instead he threw it low and away. The call was right but Loaiza missed it by a mile.

Malgar 12
05-20-2004, 07:30 PM
looks like the Sox are gonna get beat by the mighty Seth Greisinger yet again.

Unregistered
05-20-2004, 07:31 PM
Blech, this game blows already. I hate the Twins. :(:

Win1ForMe
05-20-2004, 07:33 PM
Was there a reason that wasn't an error on Corpseball Crede?

HaroMaster87
05-20-2004, 07:34 PM
cuz I cant figure it out. His velocity seems to be back up but he is still struggling....

Anybody????

nitetrain8601
05-20-2004, 07:35 PM
Crede needs a new glove, that's what's wrong.

Nard
05-20-2004, 07:38 PM
The play wasn't a gimme, Win1. Then again, neither is a .200+ average.

ShoelessFred
05-20-2004, 07:43 PM
CREDE WASN'T EVEN RUNNING HARD. OZZY SHOULD BENCH HIS ASS AND WHEN WEE WILLIE COMES BACK PUT URIBE AT 3RD AND WILLIE AT 2ND

nasox
05-20-2004, 07:45 PM
I have to say, I am confused. I thought these threads were outlawed. Can somebody explain what happened to me? I know, I'm slow.... :D:

MRKARNO
05-20-2004, 07:45 PM
Wow this is new. Being able to respond to the Twins taking advantage of us

chisox56
05-20-2004, 07:46 PM
Crede needs to ride the bench a couple of games and get a new glove so the ball doesn't keep getting stuck in the webbing of his glove.

MRKARNO
05-20-2004, 07:50 PM
:hurt

The AL Barry Bonds

Unregistered
05-20-2004, 07:51 PM
Great inning - so un-Sox (at least vs. Minnesota). :smile:

WhiteSox = Life
05-20-2004, 07:57 PM
Actual conversation with myself when Frank got to the 2-0 count.

"C'mon, Frank. If you hit a home run, I will get down in front of the TV on my knees and start bowing to you... Though in an un-sacrilicious way. Mmm... Sacrilicious."

Needless to say a pitch later, I was bowing and grunting hysterically.

:hurt
"You've got problems... I didn't say stop. The replay's on now."

LASOXFAN
05-20-2004, 08:11 PM
Too bad the Twins never lie down. Watch as they start clawing their way back into this thing.

lowesox
05-20-2004, 08:13 PM
Wow... Matt Lecroy's picture on mlb.com's gameday is soooo fat. It's a must see.

doublem23
05-20-2004, 08:32 PM
Nice hit, Big Hurt. Triple short of the cycle.

mdep524
05-20-2004, 08:46 PM
So...anyone think Frank should bat in the 3 hole more often? :D: :D:

BearSox
05-20-2004, 08:52 PM
B.S. Call! Olivos hand got in there before the tag! :angry:

doublem23
05-20-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by mdep524
So...anyone think Frank should bat in the 3 hole more often? :D: :D:

LOL... I remember back in 1998 or 1997 and Albert Belle was around and they had Belle third and Frank fourth and there was a lot of rumblings and grumblings about how Frank does so much better when he bats third. Maybe he's just a particular guy. Frank batting third and at first base... What an unstoppable offensive force we'd have.

For the record, in his career (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/4527/situational?year=career&type=Batting), Frank's OPS is over 100 points higher when he bats third than when he bats fourth.

brocco bry
05-20-2004, 09:08 PM
I am glad that the folks in "the land of 10,000 losers" are as dumb as Cub fans and toss home run balls back on to the field.

Saracen
05-20-2004, 09:09 PM
Frank had 5 ribbies from the 4 spot last night too though. He just happens to be heating up, regardless of place in the lineup.

Nard
05-20-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by BearSox

This is true. But I don't blame the umps. How can you really be sure of anything in that STUPID dome?

doublem23
05-20-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by BearSox

I don't think he did. Had he led with his left hand, he would have been safe, but he brought it too far out towards the outfield. Anyway, to advance two bases on a wild pitch, you really have to show them, without a doubt, that you beat the throw and Miguel didn't do that.

voodoochile
05-20-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by nasox
I have to say, I am confused. I thought these threads were outlawed. Can somebody explain what happened to me? I know, I'm slow.... :D:

We decided since so many people wanted them, we would allow them. No point in swimming upstream. Still think people will enjoy chat more when possible, but if it means that much to you, knock yourself out...

delben91
05-20-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
We decided since so many people wanted them, we would allow them. No point in swimming upstream. Still think people will enjoy chat more when possible, but if it means that much to you, knock yourself out...

I'm going to take a break from chat for a while. The negativity in there recently, especially in the first inning today was/is just more than I can handle.

I'll still post, because I can choose which negativity to read then, but having it in real time is more than I need.

Nard
05-20-2004, 09:46 PM
Too many damn people in there. Lines of text moving at the speed of sound.

voodoochile
05-20-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by delben91
I'm going to take a break from chat for a while. The negativity in there recently, especially in the first inning today was/is just more than I can handle.

I'll still post, because I can choose which negativity to read then, but having it in real time is more than I need.

Honestly, I agree with you and wish I had a simple solution. I actually prefer these threads when I watch on MLB.TV because I hate the lag effect where chat tells me what happened before I watch it.

Just feel free to rip the negative people for acting like idiots. It's waht I do. Have you read this thread though? The first 14 posts are ridiculous and then comes one about Frank's 3-run shot. Not much better here...