PDA

View Full Version : Borchard, Rauch and Reed all had a good day today

Randar68
05-20-2004, 04:05 PM
Reed went 1-2 with 3 walks and his 10th SB batting leadoff

LTP went 3-5 with 3 doubles and 4 RBI

Rauch went 5 2-hit innings with 4 BB and 4 K's and 1 ER getting the win.

Link to today's boxscore (http://milb.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=minorbaseball&page=milb-intl/scores/final/boxscore.aspx?GAMEID=14998)

Winston-Salem has a double-header scheduled tonight and Brandon McCarthy will be starting for Kannapolis tonight as well.

Frater Perdurabo
05-20-2004, 04:12 PM
Is LTP finally coming around, or is this just an aberration that bucks an overall negative trend of the past several seasons for Borchard?

Randar68
05-20-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo
Is LTP finally coming around, or is this just an aberration that bucks an overall negative trend of the past several seasons for Borchard?

All year his K's have been slightly down, but he just wasn't hitting the ball with much authority until this past week or so. We'll see if he can keep it up, but it's been a somewhat promising week for him. People here have gone from "release him" to "is he back" in a week... what's new?

LASOXFAN
05-20-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
People here have gone from "release him" to "is he back" in a week... what's new?

love is a many fickle thing

MRKARNO
05-20-2004, 04:38 PM
All year his K's have been slightly down, but he just wasn't hitting the ball with much authority until this past week or so. We'll see if he can keep it up, but it's been a somewhat promising week for him. People here have gone from "release him" to "is he back" in a week... what's new?

It's a "what have you done for me lately" type of thing. We paid him a 5 mil bonus and he has been in AAA for what, 3 years now? I really hope for the White Sox sake he turns it around and has a great career with us still.

pudge
05-20-2004, 04:53 PM
I am not wavering on thinking he'll never amount to much.

maurice
05-20-2004, 04:54 PM
I'm concerned that they're not allowing Rauch to go deep in games.

johnny_mostil
05-20-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by pudge
I am not wavering on thinking he'll never amount to much.

Is that just because he's from Stanford?

I think he's too brittle but he'll have a career.

Randar68
05-20-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by maurice

Well, I'm concerned that he's throwing too many pitches ;-)

Seriously though, they are not going to overwork him. Kid gloves at this point.

pudge
05-20-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by johnny_mostil
Is that just because he's from Stanford?

I think he's too brittle but he'll have a career.

I just think he's never had a good eye, K's way too much, and hence won't be much more than a #4 outfielder for most of his career. I think his pure potential will likely get him to the big leagues and he may be a starter for a while. I certainly hope I'm wrong.

A. Cavatica
05-20-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by maurice

They don't let anybody go deep into games. It almost seems like there's a six-inning limit in effect in Charlotte & Birmingham now.

On the other hand, Rauch & Diaz & Grilli & Stewart have all been injured, Kohlmeier & Munoz & Meaux (& Phillips?) are converted relievers, Allen & Grilli often bury themselves with walks...there's nobody on either roster who projects as a "horse".

OurBitchinMinny
05-20-2004, 09:26 PM
Well, I'm concerned that he's throwing too many pitches ;-)

Seriously though, they are not going to overwork him. Kid gloves at this point.

4 walks in 5 innings is too many. He was most likely laboring and you dont want to overwork prospects in AAA

duke of dorwood
05-20-2004, 10:09 PM
All 3 of them would be great additions to this team right now

MRKARNO
05-20-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
All 3 of them would be great additions to this team right now

Borchard is catching fire and could be a lot better than AAAron and Rauch would fill the 5th spot well. Reed is struggling so I'd prefer he stay there. Maybe a full season in charlotte would suit him well unless he really gets going.