PDA

View Full Version : Huh?

Railsplitter
05-20-2004, 02:27 PM
Today was orignally supposed the be an off day, with series going from Friday through Monday. Who changed the schedule and why?

Iwritecode
05-20-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
Today was orignally supposed the be an off day, with series going from Friday through Monday. Who changed the schedule and why?

This was mentioned in a thread somewhere earlier. Somehow a lot of schedules got printed wrong. There IS a game tonight and MONDAY is the off day.

Iwritecode
05-20-2004, 02:40 PM
I just took a look at the two different schedules I have. The first one I got at Soxfest and th cover has a shot of the field from a seat behind home plate with the a bunch of fans blocking most of the view in the foreground. This one says that today is an off-day and there is a game on Monday.

The second schedule I have has Ozzie on the front and I got it in the mail with my opening day tickets. It has the correct schedule...

:)

Hokiesox
05-20-2004, 02:41 PM
ESPN says it's a 5 game series, FWIW.

guess they're just covering all the bases.

Tekijawa
05-20-2004, 02:48 PM
The Schedule in the Tribune has no games the rest of the year and a count down of the days until the Cubs Yankees world series begins. It's right under Prior Watch, Sammy Watch, Wood watch, GOnzales wa...

Tekijawa
05-20-2004, 02:52 PM
Yahoo has the Milwaukee @ Expos in a rain delay... Don't they both play in domes?

JohnBasedowYoda
05-20-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Yahoo has the Milwaukee @ Expos in a rain delay... Don't they both play in domes?

maybe their in san juan or san jose or whatever

joeynach
05-20-2004, 02:56 PM

The expos play half their home games in san juan puerto rico, where they currently are right now. So its accurate.

IlliniSox
05-20-2004, 02:58 PM

Hiram Bithorn Stadium en San Juan, Amigos!

jackbrohamer
05-20-2004, 03:29 PM
The Schedule in the Tribune has no games the rest of the year and a count down of the days until the Cubs Yankees world series begins. It's right under Prior Watch, Sammy Watch, Wood watch, GOnzales wa...

Now that was funny. And who's Hiram Bithorn or whatever that stadium in Puerto Rico's named after?

rmusacch
05-20-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Railsplitter

Yeah my schedule says Friday through Monday also.

DSpivack
05-20-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by jackbrohamer
Now that was funny. And who's Hiram Bithorn or whatever that stadium in Puerto Rico's named after?

First Puerto Rican in MLB. I googled it.

Hiram Bithorn Tribute Site (http://www.geocities.com/hirambithorn/HiramBithorn.html)