PDA

View Full Version : Hardball

Spiff
09-15-2001, 07:46 PM
I know we should concentrate on what's going on, but if you just want to get away for a couple hours, see this movie. It's a good movie, and I'm usually very skeptical about sports movies. It doesn't follow the traditional Sports Movie Formula at all. Not only is the story good but it's also funny. One con is that it does get a little emotional at the end but don't let that stop you from seeing it.

Also, it takes place in Chicago, and they mention a Cubs-White Sox series (Garland vs. Wood). They say it's at Comiskey, but it really looks like Tiger Stadium. And Sammy's in it, but only for like 2 seconds.

CerberusWG
09-15-2001, 08:30 PM
Jon Garland's name in a movie? I bet he just pissed his pants with excitement.

Jerry_Manuel
09-15-2001, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
Jon Garland's name in a movie? I bet he just pissed his pants with excitement.

:jon
I am the man.

Spiff
09-15-2001, 08:37 PM
And oh yeah one thing that pissed me off. Keanu Reeves hears something on the radio like:

"Sammy Sosa will try to homer in his fifth straight game, while The Big Hurt tries to break out of an 11-game hitting slump."

Jerry_Manuel
09-15-2001, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00
And oh yeah one thing that pissed me off. Keanu Reeves hears something on the radio like:

"Sammy Sosa will try to homer in his fifth straight game, while The Big Hurt tries to break out of an 11-game hitting slump."

:hurt
Yeah ok like that would happen.

rmusacch
09-15-2001, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00
I know we should concentrate on what's going on, but if you just want to get away for a couple hours, see this movie. It's a good movie, and I'm usually very skeptical about sports movies. It doesn't follow the traditional Sports Movie Formula at all. Not only is the story good but it's also funny. One con is that it does get a little emotional at the end but don't let that stop you from seeing it.

Also, it takes place in Chicago, and they mention a Cubs-White Sox series (Garland vs. Wood). They say it's at Comiskey, but it really looks like Tiger Stadium. And Sammy's in it, but only for like 2 seconds.

I agree. I saw it tonight and it is good. It was indeed Tiger Stadium. One unrealistic part is that they decide to go to a Cubs-Sox game with nine kids an hour before the game and get second row seats, now tell me how that is going to happen :)

CerberusWG
09-16-2001, 07:30 PM
Keanu Reeves used his Matrix style kung Fu and stole them from numerous yuppie Cub fans.

Dadawg_77
09-16-2001, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch

I agree. I saw it tonight and it is good. It was indeed Tiger Stadium. One unrealistic part is that they decide to go to a Cubs-Sox game with nine kids an hour before the game and get second row seats, now tell me how that is going to happen :)
I guess that part wasn't based on the true story.

Procol Harum
09-16-2001, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch

Try to get 2 tickets of that quality three months in advance if you're not a corporate wonk or political bigwig...not gonna happen