PDA

View Full Version : Huge game tonight

lowesox
05-20-2004, 11:59 AM
Lets face it, in the last few years, the Twins have owned us. This White Sox team, however, could be different. They have more fight. Losing the first two games last week sucked, but we did have the blowout in the series finale. I think it's very, very important the Sox win tonight and keep that momentum going.

If we take 3 out of 4 in this series, the tides will shift. And the Sox need that, because to be 100% frank, I think the Sox are a little intimidated by the Twins.

Not to mention, we need to get ELo back on track.

Go sox.

JoeyCora28
05-20-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by lowesox

Not to mention, we need to get ELo back on track.

Nothing wrong with ELo. I was there last Saturday, he did fine. The offense stunk...

24thStFan
05-20-2004, 12:26 PM
I agree. Big game, huge series. We need to win 3 of 4 and put the twinkies on notice.

It will be interesting to see how the Sox respond to injuries to Maggs and Willie, too.

GO SOX!

The_Floridian
05-20-2004, 12:31 PM
While I'm not in the camp that has this as a do-or-die series, I agree that it's an important one.

The Sox showed they could bounce back early int he year by taking four straight from KC after the opening day fiasco. Granted, KC isn't the team Minnesota is, but it was nice to see them recover like that.

The Twins have been playing their best baseball the last few weeks, but they did look a little shaky in Toronto. The Sox have been playing their worst baseball, but they looked a lot better these last two days in Cleveland.

I think we're in pretty good shape for the series, Maggs and Willie's shins notwithstanding.

By the way, is anyone else seriously impressed that Willie hung onto the ball when he got his legs taken out? I thought that was a hell of a play. I'm really starting to like this guy.

DaveIsHere
05-20-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by The_Floridian
While I'm not in the camp that has this as a do-or-die series, I agree that it's an important one.

The Sox showed they could bounce back early int he year by taking four straight from KC after the opening day fiasco. Granted, KC isn't the team Minnesota is, but it was nice to see them recover like that.

The Twins have been playing their best baseball the last few weeks, but they did look a little shaky in Toronto. The Sox have been playing their worst baseball, but they looked a lot better these last two days in Cleveland.

I think we're in pretty good shape for the series, Maggs and Willie's shins notwithstanding.

By the way, is anyone else seriously impressed that Willie hung onto the ball when he got his legs taken out? I thought that was a hell of a play. I'm really starting to like this guy.

To be honest the first thing me and my wife said "was oh crap Willie!!!!!!!!!!!!" It looked like mags was gonna get right up and then he looked around and was like "Well.....i should look real hurt too cause then I can sit on my ass the rest of the game"

Willie was screaming in pain while he was still in the air after he bounced off the ground.

That was a good catch, he nevers gives up that is what I like about him, it was funny to see Gload out in Center

pinwheels3530
05-20-2004, 12:39 PM
Last weekend the Twins scored only 7 runs, the Sox scored 14 and still lost the series they need to spread their run support out.
I don't care if they blowout the twins I just want them to win!

Maximo
05-20-2004, 12:41 PM
The Sox have to come out of there with at least a split. If they lose this series.....God help us if they get swept......they'll be at least 4 games behind the Twins.

Given this team's recent history, that could be a friggin mountain to climb. Furthermore, if it appears that they are beginning to show signs of 'mailing it in', Reinsdorf, et.al., will in all likelihood get the white towel out of the closet and begin dusting it off.
I'm like 'Lip' and a few others on this board......I'm getting too damn old to start all over, again.

This series is what Ozzie was hired for.

Hangar18
05-20-2004, 12:52 PM
Any game thats Important to the SOX or on National Television,
sees the SOX Fold like a Cheap Card Table

Baby Fisk
05-20-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18

Hangar buddy, I'm hoping this will change -- starting now.

Watching last night's blowout, as the Sox seemed to score AT WILL, I started fancying what it would be like for teams to begin to dread playing the Sox. I mean really dreading the Sox. Sorta like facing the Yankees at present: there's a heightened tension when it comes to playing the pinstripers. Everyone wants to beat them, but everyone can't help but dread getting beaten by them. I want this to be the same for when teams see Chicago South Side coming up on the schedule. Eg.: "Oh, ****, we play three games against the Sox next week. We'll be lucky to win one..." :cool:

This series presents an excellent opportunity to start building this aura. Why not?!?! GO GO SOX!

Eddie Gaedel
05-20-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
Hangar buddy, I'm hoping this will change -- starting now.

Watching last night's blowout, as the Sox seemed to score AT WILL, I started fancying what it would be like for teams to begin to dread playing the Sox. I mean really dreading the Sox. Sorta like facing the Yankees at present: there's a heightened tension when it comes to playing the pinstripers. Everyone wants to beat them, but everyone can't help but dread getting beaten by them. I want this to be the same for when teams see Chicago South Side coming up on the schedule. Eg.: "Oh, ****, we play three games against the Sox next week. We'll be lucky to win one..." :cool:

This series presents an excellent opportunity to start building this aura. Why not?!?! GO GO SOX!

i was thinking along those lines this morning. the sox need to start playing consistently on offense and defense. put a solid month of winning baseball together. i like when the other team says 'they're playing good baseball right now. hopefully we can match their intensity...'.

Brian26
05-20-2004, 01:30 PM
The Sox are going to win tonight because....

They are 4-1 on Thursdays, with a 4-game winning streak.

Keep it going tonight!

elrod
05-20-2004, 01:32 PM
The best way to get at the Twins is by pitching inside, especially to Torii Hunter. Don't need to actually hit him but throw inside. Throw them off balance. Intimidate them.

MRKARNO
05-20-2004, 01:34 PM
I think our hitting has finally started to rebound a bit and we'll see at least a split, possibly a series win. The pitching has been nothing short of outstanding.

Eddie Gaedel
05-20-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by elrod
The best way to get at the Twins is by pitching inside, especially to Torii Hunter. Don't need to actually hit him but throw inside. Throw them off balance. Intimidate them.

didn't he hit that homer last saturday when the count was 3-0? hunter needs to be knocked on his ass!

soxruleEP
05-20-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Eddie Gaedel
didn't he hit that homer last saturday when the count was 3-0? hunter needs to be knocked on his ass!

He hit it on an 0-2 count. That's why he needs to have one stuck in his ear hole. If he can rip one like that when he should be protecting the plate he is way too comfortable.

Not to mention the indictable stupidity of throwing an 0-2 pitch that can be hit out of the park.

DaveIsHere
05-20-2004, 02:16 PM
I think we need a good brawl, since Cotts will only be pitching a few inning on Saturda, let him drill a few guys before we take him out

Eddie Gaedel
05-20-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by soxruleEP
He hit it on an 0-2 count.

i knew there was an 0 in there somewhere.

bobj4400
05-20-2004, 04:46 PM
Both Harris and Ordonez will be in uniform but not in the lineup tonight per ESPN 1000.

LASOXFAN
05-20-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Maximo

This series is what Ozzie was hired for.

This I absolutely agree with. Any signs of corpseball and that little Venezuelan better be tossing coolers and bats on the field.

Baby Fisk
05-20-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN
This I absolutely agree with. Any signs of corpseball and that little Venezuelan better be tossing coolers and bats on the field.

:weewillie
*pops out on attempted bunt*

:ozzie
"*&%$#%$(#$*(%&!!!!" *hurls cooler*

:hurt
*called out on strikes*

"^&*#$^(*#$%#$%&^!!!" *hurls cooler*

:walnuts
*GIDP*

"#$%@#^&%^&#^^^###!!!!" *hurls cooler*

:manos
*another fielding error*

"&&$*#$*(&#$$&&$#*!!!!" *hurls cooler*

:bkoch:
*leadoff walk, blown save*

"Beelee is my closer!"

DaveIsHere
05-20-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
[B

:bkoch:
*leadoff walk, blown save*

"Beelee is my closer!" [/B]

LOL---BeeLee that is great and oh so true

MRKARNO
05-20-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by bobj4400
Both Harris and Ordonez will be in uniform but not in the lineup tonight per ESPN 1000.

That's probably the best thing. Better to not aggrevate the bruises and have them all ready by the end of the weekend. Maggs should be back tomorrow and Harris maybe not for a few more days. We need these two for the long haul

DSpivack
05-20-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18

Which game is on national television?

DSpivack
05-20-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by DSpivack
Which game is on national television?

Nevermind.