PDA

View Full Version : 15 Runs and 18 hits...

WWIII
05-20-2004, 09:27 AM
...you know what happens next. Estey pitches a 2 run gem, but we get 1 run on 2 hits. Is anyone else concerned about tonight's series opener in Minny?

Hangar18
05-20-2004, 09:29 AM
yup............ were getting Shut Out Tonite. Book It. :angry:

dillio
05-20-2004, 09:29 AM
Hey u never know we might get lucky and get three hits

batmanZoSo
05-20-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by WWIII
...you know what happens next. Estey pitches a 2 run gem, but we get 1 run on 2 hits. Is anyone else concerned about tonight's series opener in Minny?

Ummm..YEAH we're concerned! :cool:

But I have a good feeling because is it really possible for Seth Greisinger to shut us down again? We also got Buehrle who's 11-4 against the twins going again and he's just unhittable lately (not to mention we've scored 26 runs in his last two starts while giving up none).

I believe Silva's going again and we just hammered him.

Right now I'm hoping we can take the series 3-1. They beat us at home, we can do the same. We just have to be loose and perform under pressure.

Malgar 12
05-20-2004, 09:42 AM
Right now I'm hoping we can take the series 3-1. They beat us at home, we can do the same. We just have to be loose and perform under pressure. [/B]

It's possible, and I hope you're right, but those are two big if's with this team.

DaveIsHere
05-20-2004, 09:46 AM
This is going to be the statment series where we sweep them, just like we did that big sweep of Cleveland and NY in 2000

BeerHandle
05-20-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
Ummm..YEAH we're concerned! :cool:

But I have a good feeling because is it really possible for Seth Greisinger to shut us down again? We also got Buehrle who's 11-4 against the twins going again and he's just unhittable lately (not to mention we've scored 26 runs in his last two starts while giving up none).

I believe Silva's going again and we just hammered him.

Right now I'm hoping we can take the series 3-1. They beat us at home, we can do the same. We just have to be loose and perform under pressure.

I would love to go 3-1! That would be HUGE. We do suck in that dome.

SEALgep
05-20-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
I would love to go 3-1! That would be HUGE. We do suck in that dome. That would be awesome, but I wouldn't be upset for a split either. Just can't lose the series in IMO. But 3-1 is certainly possible.

batmanZoSo
05-20-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
I would love to go 3-1! That would be HUGE. We do suck in that dome.

Hell yeah, let's just be positive and expect to kick major ass this weekend. However if we stink it up like last time again, I will start snappin.

3-1 means we're in first.

samram
05-20-2004, 09:57 AM
As long as Greisinger isn't turning into Joe Mays 1999, I think we have a good shot. If there's one game I worry about (more than the others), it's tonight only because of the history of doing very little after a night of great offense.

voodoochile
05-20-2004, 10:13 AM
Stuff like this is exactly why small amounts of observational evidence is unreliable. People have a tendencey to forget the stuff that means nothing (like when the Sox put up double digits back to back or score 8 runs a game for a week straight) but remember when they score 15 one game and 2 the next because it sticks out. Also because it causes huge amounts of anxiety so it tends to get stuck in our heads more than the other stuff does - because we write it off as "as things should be".

Again, all of that is influenced by our love for the Sox and our desire to see them succeed. Our perceptions are biased and thus our memory is influenced.

In short...

:threadsucks

WWIII
05-20-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Stuff like this is exactly why small amounts of observational evidence is unreliable. People have a tendencey to forget the stuff that means nothing (like when the Sox put up double digits back to back or score 8 runs a game for a week straight) but remember when they score 15 one game and 2 the next because it sticks out. Also because it causes huge amounts of anxiety so it tends to get stuck in our heads more than the other stuff does - because we write it off as "as things should be".

Again, all of that is influenced by our love for the Sox and our desire to see them succeed. Our perceptions are biased and thus our memory is influenced.

In short...

:threadsucks

So eloquently put. Thank you for setting me straight.

Max Power
05-20-2004, 10:22 AM
They have that new and "improved" turf up there now, right? That should help the defense. I'll be content with going 2-2. The Twins' magic slipper is going to come off sometime... it has to.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-20-2004, 10:29 AM
people bust out that threadsucks dude too often. do we really need to let everyone know we hate a thread? with the amount of users we have i'm sure there are at least 10 people that hate each thread. just an observation. i can see if the thread blasts the sox or some user in an off color way, but when it's just a collection of points and opinions....arghh

haha you won't like yoda when he's mad. hell i'm already green. well whatever jsut me rambling

voodoochile
05-20-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by JohnBasedowYoda
people bust out that threadsucks dude too often. do we really need to let everyone know we hate a thread? with the amount of users we have i'm sure there are at least 10 people that hate each thread. just an observation. i can see if the thread blasts the sox or some user in an off color way, but when it's just a collection of points and opinions....arghh

haha you won't like yoda when he's mad. hell i'm already green. well whatever jsut me rambling

Sorry, if it bothered you or offended WWIII. I have just been listening to this negative crap for the last few weeks and one of the main negative predictions has been, "we won today and scored lots of runs, so we are sure to lose tomorrow and score only a couple." This thread merely sent me over the edge.

WWIII
05-20-2004, 10:59 AM
No offense taken.

TDog
05-20-2004, 11:49 AM
With the Sox scoring in double digits three times within two weeks, I don't feel so negative about the offense. If the Sox Wednesday had heeded the calls to "save some for tomorrow," I don't see any way it would have anything to do with their run total tonight.

Frankfan4life
05-20-2004, 12:13 PM
I can't help but be nervous about this series especially if Maggs is not able to play. I try to be optimistic because I really love this team and I want them to succeed. However, it's up to the Sox to want to win this series bad enough that they play the best baseball they've played all year. We'll see if they have the DESIRE and the TOOLS to get it done (we could use some luck too). All we can do now is sit back (I won't be able to relax) and strap it down. GO SOX!!!

elrod
05-20-2004, 12:35 PM
Who exactly is that dude in the "thread sucks" picture?

voodoochile
05-20-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by elrod
Who exactly is that dude in the "thread sucks" picture?

It's me...

JohnBasedowYoda
05-20-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
It's me...

i'm not bothered. just making an observation. there were a few times when that guy was posted without any reasoning or anything. i'll admitt that dude is cool looking. he clearly looks displeased......

i too am tired of the negativity too. cynical speculation has a place in every sox fan though