PDA

View Full Version : Update on Maggs and Willie?

SpartanSoxFan
05-20-2004, 12:25 AM
Anyone have any updates on the condition of Maggs and Willie??? Last I heard is they both have bruises. If that is the case, halelujah.

ChiSox7
05-20-2004, 12:31 AM
Willie said it could have been a lot worse. But that it still hurts pretty badly. It didn't appear that Maggs was hurt all that badly, and both of them said they were lucky. No mention or MRIs or XRAYs, though Willie was strugglin to get around afterwards.

"It could have been a lot worse," said Harris, who struggled as he tried to put on socks afterward. "We were both fortunate not to get hurt too bad."

"He saw me at the last second and jumped," Ordonez said. "If he hadn't, he could have broken his neck."

Both of those are from the AP report.

chisox06
05-20-2004, 01:07 AM
Both are listed as day to day, no disabled list for either one. info thanx to BBTN.

pudge
05-20-2004, 01:59 AM
I'm going to be shocked if Willie doesn't have a pretty bad sprain... I'd expect him to miss almost a week.

HITMEN OF 77
05-20-2004, 02:10 AM
Good thing we have Uribe to take over at 2nd.

lowesox
05-20-2004, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77
Good thing we have Uribe to take over at 2nd.

Actually, this sucks. Uribe is starting to cool off, and Willie has been pretty good of late.

Oh well.

StockdaleForVeep
05-20-2004, 02:40 AM
Mags is prob gonna be sat for atleast the next game and who knows how many after that, same for willie, and we got some big games comin.

Nard
05-20-2004, 03:20 AM
Just what you need, garbage time injuries to our best performing hitter and our best player who was starting to heat up.

owensmouth
05-20-2004, 03:26 AM
Maggs has a record against Griesenger much like Konerko has against Kyle Lohse. Magglio is 0 for 12 and getting worse against the guy. Sitting him tomorrow is a good idea, no matter what the reason.

thepaulbowski
05-20-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by lowesox
Actually, this sucks. Uribe is starting to cool off, and Willie has been pretty good of late.

Oh well.

Uribe is still hitting the ball hard, he just isn't finds the holes like he was. I think it was pretty much a given he wouldn't keep going at the pace he was.

npdempse
05-20-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by owensmouth
Maggs has a record against Griesenger much like Konerko has against Kyle Lohse. Magglio is 0 for 12 and getting worse against the guy. Sitting him tomorrow is a good idea, no matter what the reason.

Gload can play RF, no?
His time is NOW.

DaveIsHere
05-20-2004, 12:38 PM
Imagine this.............Put gload at first and Konerko in RF, people would be able to make 2 trips around the bases if one got passed Paul's slow ass out there :D:

Unregistered
05-20-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by StockdaleForVeep
Mags is prob gonna be sat for atleast the next game and who knows how many after that, same for willie, and we got some big games comin. In the Trib, Maggs said he could have kept playing last night - I think he'll be alright to start as needed.

I think Willie was excited to get hurt. "If I get injured playing hard, that's OK with me." Typical Willie Mays Hayes style - just happy to get his uniform dirty. :D:

Lip Man 1
05-20-2004, 01:42 PM
Nard says: "Just what you need, garbage time injuries to our best performing hitter and our best player who was starting to heat up."

But Nard this is typical White Sox 'luck.' The same 'luck' this franchise has had for years even decades.

It's interesting that with this kind of 'karma,' there are still folks out there who think all the Sox have to do is get to the post season and they can 'luck' their way through to the World Series instead of relying on overwheling talent. talent good enough and deep enough to overcome anything even bad 'luck.'

Doesn't make sense to me...

Lip

jlh0023
05-20-2004, 02:43 PM
i think willie rolled his ankle, probably out for about a week....maggs shouldn't be serious, probably sit for a day to rest his bruised left leg.

kittle42
05-20-2004, 03:10 PM
:farmer
They are, like all of us, day to day.

iwannago
05-20-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by npdempse
Gload can play RF, no?
His time is NOW.

Yes he can play right. If Harris or Maggs goes on the DL who would be a good call up?

sas1974
05-20-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by iwannago
Yes he can play right. If Harris or Maggs goes on the DL who would be a good call up?

Bite your tongue and pray that doesn't happen.

hsnterprize
05-20-2004, 06:03 PM
I heard Maggs and Willie will be in uniform tonight, but they're not in the lineup. Credit Mac, Jurko, and Harry for that information.

iwannago
05-20-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
In the Trib, Maggs said he could have kept playing last night - I think he'll be alright to start as needed.

I think Willie was excited to get hurt. "If I get injured playing hard, that's OK with me." Typical Willie Mays Hayes style - just happy to get his uniform dirty. :D:

Its a little harder to play on Twinkie Turf when injured, even the new version.

DSpivack
05-20-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
:farmer
They are, like all of us, day to day.

I don't think I can take such deep witticisms from Ed Farmer. Of course, for a former relief pitcher it fits.