PDA

View Full Version : Danny Wright might need Tommy John surgery

ChiSox14305635
05-19-2004, 11:19 PM
Did anybody else hear this on the Score's update segment tonight?

pearso66
05-19-2004, 11:24 PM
I know somebody called that. maybe you should be the team doctor.

SoxxoS
05-19-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by pearso66
I know somebody called that. maybe you should be the team doctor.

I am going to toot my own horn on this one.

Just call me:

:cleo

Foulke You
05-19-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS

Just call me:

Yep, I remember you and a couple others said it was just a matter of time before we heard about a torn labrum or season ending surgery for Mr. Wright. You were correct. So toot away! :D:

Can't say it is really surprising the way he pitched. I never was impressed with Danny but he never was THIS bad.

batmanZoSo
05-19-2004, 11:57 PM
A shocker!

SEALgep
05-20-2004, 12:28 AM
That's better news than he just sucks. Maybe he can pitch better after his rehabilitation.

jeremyb1
05-20-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
That's better news than he just sucks. Maybe he can pitch better after his rehabilitation.

Yeah. It might be the best news especially with guys coming back from the surgery within a year these days. If it wasn't a health problem his future wasn't looking bright. Maybe this way he gets velocity back and he gets an opportunity in the pen and makes the best of it.

StockdaleForVeep
05-20-2004, 01:43 AM
Maybe they'll find everything torn and need to amputate and we can teach him to throw lefty.....rememebr, Billy Wagner did throw righty before he broke his left arm twice

delben91
05-20-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by StockdaleForVeep
Maybe they'll find everything torn and need to amputate and we can teach him to throw lefty.....rememebr, Billy Wagner did throw righty before he broke his left arm twice

You might not be that far off Stockdale. From the Sun-Times (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-doug20.html)

Go all the way to the bottom of the article under the "Shut Down" heading. Real bad news for Danny.

jackbrohamer
05-20-2004, 09:37 AM
Seriously, why can't teams figure out injuries like this before they get so bad?

SEALgep
05-20-2004, 09:40 AM
Maybe they'll find everything torn and need to amputate and we can teach him to throw lefty.....rememebr, Billy Wagner did throw righty before he broke his left arm twice Isn't that awesome of Wagner. I would throw like a girl if I had to switch arms to throw. Instead he just throws 100+. Incredible as far as I'm concerned.

SEALgep
05-20-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by jackbrohamer
Seriously, why can't teams figure out injuries like this before they get so bad? If he doesn't complain about pain, and his form isn't completely out of whack, it would be really hard to assume he was injured.

DaveIsHere
05-20-2004, 09:41 AM
So has this guy been hurting and not telling anyone for the past 2 years ro what is the story??

rmusacch
05-20-2004, 11:06 AM

Do you mean his right arm?

pearso66
05-20-2004, 11:14 AM
id have to say, if i threw lefty, the ball would probably go about 15 mph, and not be very accurate, at all. although I throw 65-70 with my right arm, and am pretty accurate.

Lip Man 1
05-20-2004, 12:47 PM
Folks here's the big question that I have with Wright.

Remember last year he hurt his arm (elbow?) in spring training. After being shut down for a little bit he wasn't effective. The Sox looked at it (Calling Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard!!!) said it was fine...Wright didn't believe them (with good reason) and went to Dr. Andrews and he said it was fine.

In my opinion that absolves the Sox.

But obviously something happened either in the off season or in spring training if he's hurt again.

I just wonder if Danny is telling everything here. Perhaps he got hurt working out over the winter?

I feel sorry for him that this has happened but as a pitcher this isn't a big deal. He's not that good to start with and his mental makeup based on some things that happened at Arkansas has always been questioned.

By the way if this is true there sure seems to be a lot of Sox arm injuries again like during 2000-2001. Wright, Strumm, Wing, Honel to name a few.

I wonder what Kenny's evaluation ever found out?

Lip

PaleHoseGeorge
05-20-2004, 12:51 PM
Hey, if you're as bad as Danny Wright has been, Tommy John surgery ought to be considered a new lease on life for his major league baseball career. At least now he has an excuse and can hope for a comeback after rehabiliation.

The alternative to rehabilitating his surgically-repaired arm is not good. It would mean Danny Wrong just plain sucks.

nasox
05-20-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS

Just call me:

I got the beans! :D:

MRKARNO
05-20-2004, 04:28 PM
Danny's headed to Birmingham to see Dr. James Andrews. Usually pitches who go to Dr. Andrews dont return for at least a year