Daver
05-19-2004, 09:16 PM
Your what hurts?

MRKARNO
05-19-2004, 09:17 PM
I'll be overjoyed if we got a third as many runs tomorrow night

Brian26
Mags with a slight knee injury, and Willie with a shin and ankle injury ...according to Hawk.

Keep your fingers crossed, boys.

Nard
Maggs: BRUISED knee

Mayes Hayes: BRUISED shin, BRUISED ankle

Great great news. Just bruised everything.

We're men here on this team unlike those eternally injured Twinkies.

ChiSox7
05-19-2004, 09:18 PM
Indians dudes both said bruises only.

Brusied knee for Maggs, shin and ankle for willie. couldve been much worse.

voodoochile
05-19-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO

Come on, don't set your sights so low...

You will be OVERjoyed if the Sox score 5?

Sheesh...

chisoxt
05-19-2004, 09:20 PM

Sounds encouraging...but I will be more at ease tomorrow if we do not hear the letters M...R...I

Brian26
05-19-2004, 09:20 PM
Come on, you have to admit we have the best "garbage time" offense in the league.

HomeFish
05-19-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Nard

We're men here on this team unlike those eternally injured Twinkies.

The Twins aren't men; they're interchangeable parts.

One guy leaves, another comes out of nowhere and hits .400

cheeses_h_rice
05-19-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Come on, you have to admit we have the best "garbage time" offense in the league.

No doubt. It's like their sphincters get all loose once they put up a crooked number in two different innings.

bafiarocks03
05-19-2004, 09:26 PM
omg i so hope Willie and Maggs will be fine! i knoe they are just bruses! but stilll! i missed the collision! i gotta see it!

SSPinStripes
05-19-2004, 09:29 PM
omg i so hope Willie and Maggs will be fine! i knoe they are just bruses! but stilll! i missed the collision! i gotta see it!

You don't need to see it, I'm sure its a lot like the impacted you took when your mom dropped you on your head.

MRKARNO
05-19-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Come on, don't set your sights so low...

You will be OVERjoyed if the Sox score 5?

Sheesh...

The way we've been playing the first games of a series and after a big offensive explosion I would be at least quite pleased with 5 runs. I have all the confidence in the world in our pitching, but the hitting is so inconsistant you can never know what to expect.

RKMeibalane
05-19-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by SSPinStripes
You don't need to see it, I'm sure its a lot like the impacted you took when your mom dropped you on your head.

Inappropriate.

batmanZoSo
05-19-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by bafiarocks03

Wow.

CHISOXFAN13
05-19-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
Wow.

Well said. :D:

PaleHoseGeorge
05-19-2004, 09:48 PM

I must say, SS, you're off to an inauspicious start posting here at WSI.

Watch your step.

bigdommer
05-19-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Brian26

That's where these guys build up their numbers so that they can demand more in free agency.

bigdommer
05-19-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Nard

Great great news. Just bruised everything.

We're men here on this team unlike those eternally injured Twinkies. At least they didn't get hurt sneezing!

SSPinStripes
05-19-2004, 10:00 PM
I must say, SS, you're off to an inauspicious start posting here at WSI.

Watch your step.

Sorry, ill clean up my act.

elrod
05-19-2004, 10:03 PM
Let's see. Sox beat Baltimore 15-0 then lost 1-0 next game. Sox beat Minnesota 11-0 then lose 7-2 next game. Sox beat Cleveland 15-3...

Usually when teams knock the hell out of the ball like today it helps players get out of slumps. Players like Frank and Paulie and Rowand and Konerko feel comfortable up there in a game like today so their confidence comes back. It SHOULD carry over to the next game. But it hasn't yet. Why?

CHISOXFAN13
05-19-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by elrod
Let's see. Sox beat Baltimore 15-0 then lost 1-0 next game. Sox beat Minnesota 11-0 then lose 7-2 next game. Sox beat Cleveland 15-3...

Usually when teams knock the hell out of the ball like today it helps players get out of slumps. Players like Frank and Paulie and Rowand and Konerko feel comfortable up there in a game like today so their confidence comes back. It SHOULD carry over to the next game. But it hasn't yet. Why?

I would hope that the offense would get hot the second time around against Greisinger. Can't wait to watch the offensive explosion again.

samram
05-19-2004, 10:05 PM

I've been asking that question for three years.

stillz
05-19-2004, 10:07 PM
Sorry, ill clean up my act.

It's all good, and welcome. My mom dropped me on my head.
I still got the bruses.

duke of dorwood
05-19-2004, 10:09 PM
Any bruise I've had always hurts more the second day. AND playing on that sidewalk up there too. Timing for this just another Minnesota break. Now, if Maggs doesnt play tomorrow, do you move Frank back to third?

duke of dorwood
05-19-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by stillz
It's all good, and welcome. My mom dropped me on my head.
I still got the bruses.

Bruises?

ChiSox7
05-19-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Any bruise I've had always hurts more the second day. AND playing on that sidewalk up there too. Timing for this just another Minnesota break. Now, if Maggs doesnt play tomorrow, do you move Frank back to third?

Injuries can't be excuses. Minny has continued to win with most of their team hurt. They could be without Koskie and Mient.

stillz
05-19-2004, 10:12 PM
Duke, peek back to see about the bruses.

StepsInSC
05-19-2004, 10:21 PM

A THIRD??!?! If we get 5 runs tomorrow I'll crap my pants. I'll be ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED if we get 1/89th of what we got tonight.

ChiSox7
05-19-2004, 10:27 PM
Willie said it could have been a lot worse. But that it still hurts pretty badly. It didn't appear that Maggs was hurt all that badly, and both of them said they were lucky. No mention or MRIs or XRAYs, though Willie was strugglin to get around afterwards.

"It could have been a lot worse," said Harris, who struggled as he tried to put on socks afterward. "We were both fortunate not to get hurt too bad."

"He saw me at the last second and jumped," Ordonez said. "If he hadn't, he could have broken his neck."

Both of those are from the AP report.

MRKARNO
05-19-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by StepsInSC
A THIRD??!?! If we get 5 runs tomorrow I'll crap my pants. I'll be ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED if we get 1/89th of what we got tonight.

Well I think this post shows how much of a centrist I am on this

Bucktown
05-19-2004, 10:34 PM

Clearly this is happening because of Reinsdorf.

Win1ForMe
05-19-2004, 10:38 PM
You know, for a second I thought tomorrow would be a good day to DH Maggs (if he can go) and play Frank at 1B. But with that field (although it's no longer the traditional astro-turf) I'm assuming that would be tricky for the defense. If Maggs can't go, I'm at least happy with the way Gload has looked the past few games.

Iwritecode
05-19-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by HomeFish
The Twins aren't men; they're interchangeable parts.

One guy leaves, another comes out of nowhere and hits .400

C'mon guys, nobody has nominated this as POTW yet?!?

#400 to boot!!

:D: :gulp: :smile:

MRKARNO
05-19-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
C'mon guys, nobody has nominated this as POTW yet?!?

#400 to boot!!

:D: :gulp: :smile:

It's because there's not a single positive word to come from Homefish yet. We win 15-3 and all he can talk about is how much better the Twins are.

batmanZoSo
05-19-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood

We've had no injuries to speak of this year and they've had quite a few. Plus for the second series in a row we got our front end going vs. their back end. We should win this series, there's no doubt about it. Just like we should've won the other one. They're not better than us. They're better defenders, better bullpen and more clutch....we've got a much better starting rotation, more power and more overall talent. If we hit we'll beat them.

jordan23ventura
05-19-2004, 11:08 PM

Post of the week no doubt

Iwritecode
05-19-2004, 11:16 PM
It's because there's not a single positive word to come from Homefish yet. We win 15-3 and all he can talk about is how much better the Twins are.

Well, I haven't been paying a whole lot of attention lately I guess.

That one just made me LOL though. Even if it was about the Twinkies...

SSN721
05-20-2004, 06:39 AM
I gotta think 3 times a charm after a huge blow out for the offense to carry over. I would like to think at some point the "Oz Factor" will kick in and he will kick some asses to keep this team motivated and not allow them to lay an egg after a great offensive explosion like last night. What I liked most was that a majority of the runs were scored on regular hits not homers and done on 2 outs mostly. I like that much more then if we hit like 6 or 7 homers. Was nice to see some more baserunning and solid hitting, and very efficient hitting. I am confident going into this weekend we can at least win this series and tie, hopefull win and go up by two. :D:

Railsplitter
05-20-2004, 08:18 AM

Sincs you posted this Wednesday night, I must remind you that Thursday is an off day. The four game set in the Chump Dome is Friday through Monday.

SSN721
05-20-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
Sincs you posted this Wednesday night, I must remind you that Thursday is an off day. The four game set in the Chump Dome is Friday through Monday.

Actually it does start tonight, Willsy made a point in the post game show last night to say there is an error in a lot of Schedules saying tommorrow is an off day when it actually isnt.

Jerko
05-20-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by SSN721
Actually it does start tonight, Willsy made a point in the post game show last night to say there is an error in a lot of Schedules saying tommorrow is an off day when it actually isnt.

One of the post game announcers said it started Thursday for the .3 seconds Directv left it on. It's also listed on sportsline.com as starting today (thursday). My schedule says otherwise, but I guess I got one of the bad ones?

voodoochile
05-20-2004, 08:44 AM

I went to the Sox Official Site (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp?c_id=cws) and can confirm that they play tonight.

The next offday is Monday.

Baby Fisk
05-20-2004, 09:23 AM
An interesting stat tossed out be Cleveland's commentators last night: the Sox have the most sacrifice hits in baseball (18). This is despite the rollercoastering between high and low scoring games. Smallball after all?

batmanZoSo
05-20-2004, 09:39 AM

That's right. We just played in Cleveland last monday, odds are you're not gonna play two monday's in a row. And series always end on sundays, that's probably what made this a four game series.

anewman35
05-20-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
One of the post game announcers said it started Thursday for the .3 seconds Directv left it on. It's also listed on sportsline.com as starting today (thursday). My schedule says otherwise, but I guess I got one of the bad ones?

I have two different pocket schedules here, the original one that the team sent me during the off season has a picture of the cell on the front, says the schedule is accurate through 12/19/03, and says off day today. My other one has Ozzie on the front, says the schedule is as of 3/10/04, and has the off day Monday. They just changed the off day in those three months, I guess.

anewman35
05-20-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
And series always end on sundays, that's probably what made this a four game series.

That's not entirely true, you do sometimes have the rare Friday-Monday series (we do it at home against Cleveland in August).