PDA

View Full Version : At the Cleveland game Tues. night...

skobabe8
05-19-2004, 12:55 PM
...and the yahoos in the bleachers were really getting desperate come the bottom of the 9th. They resorted by saying how we arent even the best team in our city, and other odds and ends about the cubs. ARE YOU SERIOUS?! Is this what everyone else puts up with when we see a sox winner on the road?? :?:

Hangar18
05-19-2004, 01:54 PM
I was in Cleveland 2wice to see the Beloved take on the Tribe.
I was discussing baseball with a big group of Indian Fans and a couple of them claimed to be die-hard Cub Fans. I asked how that could be. After some information exchange, they said they were INDIAN fans first, but because Cub games were on the TV all the time (whereve we heard that one before, mr reinsdorf?)
they decided to like that team too.
I asked WHY would they like a team, simply because they were on TV ????
They thought about it, and the GROUP then responded by saying that "the Cubs are LOSERS like us, thats why we kind of like them". I immediately told them WHY IN THE WORLD would they attach Themselves to a team that LOSES, when they had quite a Good Run in the early 1990's, and had a ton of good players come thru their system.

I told them to NOT HANG THEIR HEADS and keep associating themselves with LOSING, thats for CUB FANS, not for them.
THey all shook thier Heads and Realized the FOOLISHNESS of their cub-rooting and said " yeah, I guess your right".

Foolish fans

Frater Perdurabo
05-19-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I was in Cleveland 2wice to see the Beloved take on the Tribe.
I was discussing baseball with a big group of Indian Fans and a couple of them claimed to be die-hard Cub Fans. I asked how that could be. After some information exchange, they said they were INDIAN fans first, but because Cub games were on the TV all the time (whereve we heard that one before, mr reinsdorf?)
they decided to like that team too.
I asked WHY would they like a team, simply because they were on TV ????
They thought about it, and the GROUP then responded by saying that "the Cubs are LOSERS like us, thats why we kind of like them". I immediately told them WHY IN THE WORLD would they attach Themselves to a team that LOSES, when they had quite a Good Run in the early 1990's, and had a ton of good players come thru their system.

I told them to NOT HANG THEIR HEADS and keep associating themselves with LOSING, thats for CUB FANS, not for them.
THey all shook thier Heads and Realized the FOOLISHNESS of their cub-rooting and said " yeah, I guess your right".

Foolish fans

Hangar proves that it is possible to reason with most (sober) folks, even Cubs fans, if you remain calm, ask reasonable questions and then make gentle suggestions when you have gained their trust.

Foulke You
05-19-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by skobabe8
...and the yahoos in the bleachers were really getting desperate come the bottom of the 9th. They resorted by saying how we arent even the best team in our city, and other odds and ends about the cubs. ARE YOU SERIOUS?! Is this what everyone else puts up with when we see a sox winner on the road?? :?:

I've gone to the whole Red Sox/White Sox series in Fenway Park the past couple years and got nary a mention of the Cubs even though the Sox beat them 2 out of 3 there both years. They are more concerned with Yankee hating out there than they were with White Sox hating. However, I was referred to a couple times as a fan of "the other Sox". That irked me and I had to explain to them that it was THEY who were the "other Sox" since we were known as the Sox when they were still called the Pilgrims. :angry:

Hangar18
05-19-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
.............. However, I was referred to a couple times as a fan of "the other Sox". That irked me and I had to explain to them that it was THEY who were the "other Sox" since we were known as the Sox when they were still called the Pilgrims. :angry:

NICE JOB .............. The Truth is out There, just need someone
other than the MEDIA to tell it.

jackbrohamer
05-19-2004, 02:31 PM
UP until the 2002 season, when the Tribe started being bad again, their fans were among the most annoying I have ever seen in my life. They used to go to Sox home games in droves.

BeerHandle
05-19-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by jackbrohamer
UP until the 2002 season, when the Tribe started being bad again, their fans were among the most annoying I have ever seen in my life. They used to go to Sox home games in droves.

I would say that they are LOYAL! I wouldn't say Cleveland fans were smart.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOX FANS GO TO AWAY GAMES IN DROVES, BUT THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.