PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 5/19/04


Hangar18
05-19-2004, 11:28 AM
Darren Baker makes the news today. Why? Not sure why the Media find little Darren a credible news-source, but the Cubune felt it necessary to do a story on him and barry bonds. The Cubs blow the SOX away in coverage today. Still no Media Backlash on that other teams reporting of a certain pitchers injury.
Went from Triceps and magically moved to elbow.

Cubune:
8 cub stories
2 sox stories

Cub-Times:
6 cub stories
3 sox stories

Standings since Spring Training .........
CUBS 655
SOX 456

BeerHandle
05-19-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Darren Baker makes the news today. Why? Not sure why the Media find little Darren a credible news-source, but the Cubune felt it necessary to do a story on him and barry bonds. The Cubs blow the SOX away in coverage today. Still no Media Backlash on that other teams reporting of a certain pitchers injury.
Went from Triceps and magically moved to elbow.

Cubune:
8 cub stories
2 sox stories

Cub-Times:
6 cub stories
3 sox stories

Standings since Spring Training .........
CUBS 655
SOX 456

Back when Dusty was with San Fran I was appalled at how much media cover his son gets. I wish he got run over at home plate. Darren and Jorge Posada's kids need to hang out : (

DaveIsHere
05-19-2004, 11:47 AM
Pathetic, Garland pitches a great game, and Koch strikes out the side, Cubs get one hut, and we only get 2 stories in the Cubune, sad sad sad

bigdommer
05-19-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere
Pathetic, Garland pitches a great game, and Koch strikes out the side, Cubs get one hut, and we only get 2 stories in the Cubune, sad sad sad

I agree. A team should not get more articles in the morning than hits the previous night. It doesn't make sense.

Hangar18
05-19-2004, 12:30 PM
FOX news this morning ran a story on the mysterious "murder in Lakeview". this occured just 2 blks from the "friendly confines",
and may be directly associated to other unsolved murders near the "shrine". talk about Played Down huh?

DaveIsHere
05-19-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
FOX news this morning ran a story on the mysterious "murder in Lakeview". this occured just 2 blks from the "friendly confines",
and may be directly associated to other unsolved murders near the "shrine". talk about Played Down huh?


I saw that last night and I kept srceaming "you mean wrigleyville, say say IT" and of course the graphice said lakeview, and then after that they spent like 10 minutes standing outside of Wrigley talking about how sammy hurt his back, then I was screaming "Don't get shot or Stabbed!!!!!!!!!!"

Rocky Soprano
05-19-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
Back when Dusty was with San Fran I was appalled at how much media cover his son gets. I wish he got run over at home plate. Darren and Jorge Posada's kids need to hang out : (

Posada's son had Craniosynostosis, a medical condition which occurs when the bones in a baby's skull fuse together before the brain has stopped growing.

So I dont mind seeing his son because he has gone through some VERY hard times.

Now little Darren needs to go away.

jackbrohamer
05-19-2004, 02:07 PM
On every local TV broadcast I saw today: Top story was K. Wood/Cubs loss; Randy Johnson's perfecto; THEN the Sox win.

Except for Giangreco who put the Indiana Pacers basketball coverage before the Sox.

Frater Perdurabo
05-19-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
Posada's son had Craniosynostosis, a medical condition which occurs when the bones in a baby's skull fuse together before the brain has stopped growing.

So I dont mind seeing his son because he has gone through some VERY hard times.

Now little Darren needs to go away.

Watch, next is an interview with Darren Baker's tricep. :angry:

iwannago
05-19-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by bigdommer
I agree. A team should not get more articles in the morning than hits the previous night. It doesn't make sense.

Who cares? If you saw the game last night why do you need to read someone else's verison of what they saw. If you want to do something about the papers don't buy them and let them know your not buying them.

ChiSox14305635
05-19-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
Posada's son had Craniosynostosis, a medical condition which occurs when the bones in a baby's skull fuse together before the brain has stopped growing.

So I dont mind seeing his son because he has gone through some VERY hard times.

Now little Darren needs to go away.


I saw a segment on Real Sports with Bryant "Cubby" Gumbel about that. No child should have to go through that type of ordeal.

BeerHandle
05-19-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
Posada's son had Craniosynostosis, a medical condition which occurs when the bones in a baby's skull fuse together before the brain has stopped growing.

So I dont mind seeing his son because he has gone through some VERY hard times.

Now little Darren needs to go away.

I will retract my statement about Posada's kid; however, I still believe he did not belong in the dug out during the All Star game. This was the first year the game counted and I'm sure the players loved a little kidding playing with his Tonka Toys!

BeerHandle
05-19-2004, 03:13 PM
I just saw the CubTimes. Absolutely Brutal! The Sox were not mentioned until the 8th article in the sports section.

Who cares about Sammy Sneezing. Lets start writing articles about Bartman again!

C-Dawg
05-19-2004, 05:32 PM
Can I be nosy and ask how the Home Opener coverage was for both teams? I tried using the "Search" function but couldn't find anything.

I was out of town that week otherwise I'd know already :smile:

BeerHandle
05-19-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by C-Dawg
Can I be nosy and ask how the Home Opener coverage was for both teams? I tried using the "Search" function but couldn't find anything.

I was out of town that week otherwise I'd know already :smile:

Chicago NewsMedia Watch 4/5/04
OPENING DAY !!! ahhh finally the promise of a new Season is upon us. And what should we expect from the Chicago Media??
How about a ton of stories about the Cubs, and some passing comments about the Sox. Ridiculous. Cubs Propoganda Minister Mike Kiley tries his best in 1 article to cool the hysteria (that he helped create) but cant help himself and for the 2nd time this week, throws the term "world series" around so many times, it isnt funny. The SOX didnt get this much "attention" in 2001, following their 2000 playoff appearance, but thats another story. The SOX are thoroughly Crushed today, esp by the Cub-Times. cubs will hit 300 before shortly .............

Chicago Cubune:
3 cub story
1 sox story

Chicago Cub-Times:
7 cub
2 sox

Standings since Spring Training began.............

CUBS 296
SOX 175


__________________
Digitally Insurgent since 1999

C-Dawg
05-19-2004, 08:06 PM
Thanks, BeerHandle !!