Konerko 1b
Crede 3b
Olivo c

kittle42
05-18-2004, 05:01 PM
That should be the lineup every night.

doublem23
05-18-2004, 05:04 PM
Watch them get 16 hits and score 12 runs... and then go back to Monday's lineup for tomorrow.

mcfish
05-18-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
Lineup tonight:
Harris cf
Uribe 2b
Ordonez rf
Thomas dh
Lee lf
Valentin ss
Konerko 1b
Crede 3b
Olivo c

Why wasn't this yesterday's lineup? The team scores 10+ runs and Ozzie goes and changes the lineup for the next game twice in a week! If something works try it again. I know the rainout changed things the first time, but I still find the changes irritating. In the last week, when the Sox haven't scored 10+, they average 2 runs (5 games, 10 runs). And 6 of those were in 1 win against the O's.

And why in the world did Rowand bat #2 yesterday? Whatever your position on his defensive ability, I think we all can agree he has been less than impressive at the plate this year.

MRKARNO
05-18-2004, 05:27 PM
This is our best possible lineup right here. No Rowand in it. In fact, just about any lineup without Rowand in it is the best possible lineup.

This really should be our regular lineup as it gives us two good table setters and a deeper power lineup. I say we score at least 7 tonight

Mickster
05-18-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
This is our best possible lineup right here. No Rowand in it. In fact, just about any lineup without Rowand in it is the best possible lineup.

This really should be our regular lineup as it gives us two good table setters and a deeper power lineup. I say we score at least 7 tonight

Could not agree more. While I was driving to the game on Sunday, I heard this lineup (minus Olivo as MB pitching) and immediately knew that they were going to win. I'm actually looking forward to tonight's game!

Cubbiesuck13
05-18-2004, 05:37 PM
i doubt that we hit better if someone is in or out of the line up. we could score 7 runs tonight and 2 tomarow with the same lineup. thus is the story of white sox baseball 2004 so far... i have a hard time seeing this last very long. someone is going to get hot and then someone else will and then someone else and so on.

delben91
05-18-2004, 05:41 PM
Looks like big time rain (http://www.weather.com/weather/map/USOH0195?from=LAPmaps) in the area.

Don't know if they play this one.

Mickster
05-18-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Cubbiesuck13
i doubt that we hit better if someone is in or out of the line up. we could score 7 runs tonight and 2 tomarow with the same lineup. thus is the story of white sox baseball 2004 so far... i have a hard time seeing this last very long. someone is going to get hot and then someone else will and then someone else and so on.

I disagree. I feel that much of the success in the early part of the season can be attributed to Uribe hitting in the 2-hole. I honestly feel he was getting pitches to hit mostly because he was hitting in front of Maggs and Frank (much the way Carlos was while batting 2 last season). As soon as Velentin came back, he immediately went back to hitting 2 and the offense started to slump. Players feed off of each other. How often do you see a player going 4-5 while the 8 remaining players manage 1 additional hit?

I'm not placing the blame here on Valentin, I just feel that Uribe is much more of a "sparkplug" batting 2 than he is batting 7. Just my opinion.

Cubbiesuck13
05-18-2004, 05:49 PM
i agree that uribe is a spark plug, but i don't think that having rowand in or out keeps them from hitting well.

The_Floridian
05-18-2004, 05:50 PM
The only reason this wasn't the lineup last night was cause we were facing a lefty. Harris has had trouble in that area.

I agree that Rowand should not be batting in the 2 hole, but I don't want to just bench him for the whole season. He was hot in the second half last year, and I think he deserves a fair shake as a utility man for us.

RedPinStripes
05-18-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by delben91
Looks like big time rain (http://www.weather.com/weather/map/USOH0195?from=LAPmaps) in the area.

Don't know if they play this one.

Rainouts are KILLING ME in my fantasy league. The make up game is never the same linup. I have Garland Uribe, Harris, and Maggs going tonight for the Sox.

BearSox
05-18-2004, 06:03 PM
What's the word on how long the delay is expected to last?

Nard
05-18-2004, 06:08 PM
These damn delays...

What luck. Rain during our longest homestand. Rain during our next homestand. Rain on the first two games of the next road trip.

Cubbiesuck13
05-18-2004, 06:19 PM
God is getting his revenge on baseball for not having such a sensible, pure program as revenue sharing in place by now.

BearSox
05-18-2004, 07:39 PM
Ozzieball coming back? 4 runs and not a single homerun to get them, runners hustiling around the bases, he even sent Maggs on an attempted steal! Keep this lineup in tact!

voodoochile
05-18-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by BearSox
Ozzieball coming back? 4 runs and not a single homerun to get them, runners hustiling around the bases, he even sent Maggs on an attempted steal! Keep this lineup in tact!

Yep and Magglio getting caught stealing for the first out of the inning or the Sox might still be batting. Sounds like Ozzieball to me...

Cubbiesuck13
05-18-2004, 07:44 PM
i am watching the game on yahoo gamecast so someone please explain the 'single to second' by olivo and harris' last at bat. was the throwing error to home?

SoxxoS
05-18-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by BearSox

:walnuts

"I tried my best to GIDP, but I hit it a bit too hard and it got through the hole."

The_Floridian
05-18-2004, 07:57 PM
The rain didn't kill our bats! YAY!!!

SoxxoS
05-18-2004, 07:58 PM
Does anyone else think this is the best Garland has pitched since Boston in June, 2002? He is getting it and throwing it...a welcome change...so he can't overthink anything. I hope he sticks with it.

The again, Rogers wrote in the Cub Times that Garland struggles after 75 pitches...so we shall see.

Cubbiesuck13
05-18-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Does anyone else think this is the best Garland has pitched since Boston in June, 2002? He is getting it and throwing it...a welcome change...so he can't overthink anything. I hope he sticks with it.

The again, Rogers wrote in the Cub Times that Garland struggles after 75 pitches...so we shall see.

i wonder if it could be that the lineup hits better after seeing the same pitcher 3 times in the night. I think that has more of an effect than how many pitches the man throws

Hangar18
05-18-2004, 08:03 PM
i am watching the game on yahoo gamecast so someone please explain the 'single to second' by olivo and harris' last at bat. was the throwing error to home?

Willie took 2 terrible swings and was down 0-2, but credit to him, changed his attitude at bat, and worked it Full, and GOt the pitch he was looking for ............a high fastball and drove it to RF
and it scored 2, he took 2nd on the throw home.
The innning was very nice to see, SMART BASERUNNING this time around ..............
Hawk wondered aloud, how Uribe looks out of sync now, and how the last couple games he HASNT been hitting. DJ then interjected that thats what happens when you keep taking HOT HITTERS in and out of the lineup, they lose the HOT STREAK and I COMPLETELY AGREE. NIce job Ozz, helping cool off your HOTTTEST hitter.

Cubbiesuck13
05-18-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Willie took 2 terrible swings and was down 0-2, but credit to him, changed his attitude at bat, and worked it Full, and GOt the pitch he was looking for ............a high fastball and drove it to RF
and it scored 2, he took 2nd on the throw home.
The innning was very nice to see, SMART BASERUNNING this time around ..............
Hawk wondered aloud, how Uribe looks out of sync now, and how the last couple games he HASNT been hitting. DJ then interjected that thats what happens when you keep taking HOT HITTERS in and out of the lineup, they lose the HOT STREAK and I COMPLETELY AGREE. NIce job Ozz, helping cool off your HOTTTEST hitter.

but the paul is hitting tonight! i am too pumped to think about anything else.

did olivo really single to 2nd and score jose from 2nd? that is what i am most confused on.

voodoochile
05-18-2004, 08:09 PM
but the paul is hitting tonight! i am too pumped to think about anything else.

did olivo really single to 2nd and score jose from 2nd? that is what i am most confused on.

It was a liner off the pitcher's hip and rolled slowly toward RF. The 2B was breaking toward the middle to make the play and had to run a fair way to get the ball. Jose never stopped running from second and scored by diving head first across the plate.

Cubbiesuck13
05-18-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
It was a liner off the pitcher's hip and rolled slowly toward RF. The 2B was breaking toward the middle to make the play and had to run a fair way to get the ball. Jose never stopped running from second and scored by diving head first across the plate.

thats great action! it is easy to complain about jose's errors but hustling really makes it easier to take, when we win... i have heard that he is the heart of the clubhouse in past years. i hope that he picks his d up soon.

Cubbiesuck13
05-18-2004, 08:19 PM
did garland not keep the runners close? i am wondering why guys are stealing on olivo like they are.

jeremyb1
05-18-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS

The K's are sure nice. Whatever he's doing differently, I just hope it's easily repeatable.

Cubbiesuck13
05-18-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
The K's are sure nice. Whatever he's doing differently, I just hope it's easily repeatable.

i think burly and garland have picked up the k' s this year. if i am not mistaken, esteban's have fallen off a bit, however.

jeremyb1
05-18-2004, 08:23 PM
did garland not keep the runners close? i am wondering why guys are stealing on olivo like they are.

The Cleveland announcers speculated that it was a botched hit and run.

Cubbiesuck13
05-18-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
The Cleveland announcers speculated that it was a botched hit and run.

oh, because it is really disapointing to see the runners steal like they do. my favorite thing about him is his arm. man what a gun

Cubbiesuck13
05-18-2004, 08:40 PM
picked off, for shame el caballo. for shame

Hangar18
05-18-2004, 08:49 PM
Vizquel just scored on a SacFly by Victor Martinez, Maggs
almost had him at the plate, but the throw was to far up the
firstbase line. But something that just bugged me, as usual,
they showed the Indian fans standing and cheering the run, and
in the upper right corner, I could see 2 SOX fans in the crowd,
one guy was wearing the gray 83 Jersey. It then occurred to me..............THEY DIDNT DO the show-groups-of-SOX-FANS-every Half-Inning-while-on-the-road bit, like they do for a certain other team. I remember how much that Bothered me while we were in LA last year..........that place was JamPacked with SOX fans.............

Cubbiesuck13
05-18-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Vizquel just scored on a SacFly by Victor Martinez, Maggs
almost had him at the plate, but the throw was to far up the
firstbase line. But something that just bugged me, as usual,
they showed the Indian fans standing and cheering the run, and
in the upper right corner, I could see 2 SOX fans in the crowd,
one guy was wearing the gray 83 Jersey. It then occurred to me..............THEY DIDNT DO the show-groups-of-SOX-FANS-every Half-Inning-while-on-the-road bit, like they do for a certain other team. I remember how much that Bothered me while we were in LA last year..........that place was JamPacked with SOX fans.............

who are 'they' in this case? because i don't think the sox and cubs have the same producers, then it would not be the same 'they'. unless the sox producer is being told not to, then it would go up the chain a bit.

misty60481
05-18-2004, 08:57 PM
Maybe Paulie could start a streak like he had in 92 and Rowand could start hitting like he did in second half of last year and all we would need is a 5th starter and be set for year---sound good????

Cubbiesuck13
05-18-2004, 08:57 PM
kotch can do it!

Cubbiesuck13
05-18-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by misty60481
Maybe Paulie could start a streak like he had in 92 and Rowand could start hitting like he did in second half of last year and all we would need is a 5th starter and be set for year---sound good????

paulie in 92?

Kadafi311
05-18-2004, 09:02 PM
Koch strikes out the side... beautiful.

HomeFish
05-18-2004, 09:03 PM
Whoa. The Twins lost.

They were threatening in the 9th too. Good to see that for once.

The_Floridian
05-18-2004, 09:03 PM
Sox win.

Blue Jays just beat the Twins 5-3.

Sox are 2 games back.

Good job tonight, Billy.

rahulsekhar
05-18-2004, 09:04 PM
2 out, nice. let's get tomorrow's game, Twins go down again, and we go into Minny a game back.

Hangar18
05-18-2004, 09:06 PM
wow, Billy Koch looked good. He used the CURVE ball as his OUT pitch and got everyone. He struck out the side ............first time this season hes gone 1-2-3. wow.