PDA

View Full Version : Sox Game next Tuesday?


PaleHoseGeorge
09-15-2001, 12:53 AM
The Sox are playing the Yankees at Comiskey. It also happens to be my fortieth birthday.

I plan to be there. Anyone else? Perhaps we can arrange a WSI get-together.


Let's Go Go Go White Sox (http://whitesoxinteractive.com/LetsGoGoWhiteSox.rm)

Chicago's Proud of You!

FarWestChicago
09-15-2001, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
The Sox are playing the Yankees at Comiskey. It also happens to be my fortieth birthday.

I plan to be there. Anyone else? Perhaps we can arrange a WSI get-together.


Let's Go Go Go White Sox (http://whitesoxinteractive.com/LetsGoGoWhiteSox.rm)

Chicago's Proud of You! Man I wish I could be there. At least you will be of a respectable age now. :)

FarWestChicago
09-15-2001, 01:07 AM
C'mon guys, get out to the game and support PaleHoseGeezer! Welcome to the club, George! LOL!

PaleHoseGeorge
09-15-2001, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
C'mon guys, get out to the game and support PaleHoseGeezer! Welcome to the club, George! LOL!

PaleHoseGeezer? It's nice to know who your friends are, LOL!

:)

LongDistanceFan
09-15-2001, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
The Sox are playing the Yankees at Comiskey. It also happens to be my fortieth birthday.

I plan to be there. Anyone else? Perhaps we can arrange a WSI get-together.


Let's Go Go Go White Sox (http://whitesoxinteractive.com/LetsGoGoWhiteSox.rm)

Chicago's Proud of You! happy b-day........

LongDistanceFan
09-15-2001, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge


PaleHoseGeezer? It's nice to know who your friends are, LOL!

:) i have another 1 1/2 yrs before i get as old and frail as you geezer.

LongDistanceFan
09-15-2001, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
i have another 1 1/2 yrs before i get as old and frail as you geezer. i was at the blackhawks/nhl all-star game when the gulf war was but a week long. Man, i felt proud with both the Canadiens and American flying the flags. Man that was the most memorable thought......... i wish i can be there for the sox game..........

Soxheads
09-15-2001, 11:42 AM
By the way FWC how old are you? :)

PaleHoseGeorge
09-15-2001, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
i was at the blackhawks/nhl all-star game when the gulf war was but a week long. Man, i felt proud with both the Canadiens and American flying the flags. Man that was the most memorable thought......... i wish i can be there for the sox game..........


Besides the obvious allure of playing the world champions and the history of the rivalry, it ought to be very symbolic. These are the two teams which were in NYC when the attacks happened. It's also NEW YORK'S team, a chance for people in that city to get on with their lives--even if they are only watching it from home.

I would attach one-thousand-times more significance to whatever ceremony the Sox might plan at this game celebrating our national will and the spirit of competitive sports. I was at Ripken's Comiskey farewell last July and found the whole thing a bit fake. Next Tuesday's special ceremonies will definitely be genuine.

LongDistanceFan
09-15-2001, 11:49 AM
you know i was kinda of disappointed, the owners are doing things, the politicains are doing something, the movie star are doing something, companies and all................ but not a single anything from the major stars of America. No donation of funds or anything from some of these so-called superstars.

LongDistanceFan
09-15-2001, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge



Besides the obvious allure of playing the world champions and the history of the rivalry, it ought to be very symbolic. These are the two teams which were in NYC when the attacks happened. It's also NEW YORK'S team, a chance for people in that city to get on with their lives--even if they are only watching it from home.

I would attach one-thousand-times more significance to whatever ceremony the Sox might plan at this game celebrating our national will and the spirit of competitive sports. I was at Ripken's Comiskey farewell last July and found the whole thing a bit fake. Next Tuesday's special ceremonies will definitely be genuine. and i would sake a lot that jerry will go all out for this.......... people have called him cheap, as i have, but when it came to charity and things, he goes all out.

FarWestChicago
09-15-2001, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads
By the way FWC how old are you? :) Older than dirt.

Jerry_Manuel
09-15-2001, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads
By the way FWC how old are you? :)


44 years old.
The truth is out there:)

FarWestChicago
09-15-2001, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel



44 years old.
The truth is out there:) But that ain't the truth. I'm 43.

Jerry_Manuel
09-15-2001, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
But that ain't the truth. I'm 43.


Sorry West didn't mean to make you older then you actually are.

FarWestChicago
09-15-2001, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel



Sorry West didn't mean to make you older then you actually are. I certainly don't need any help getting older. :)

Jerry_Manuel
09-15-2001, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I certainly don't need any help getting older. :)

I guess you can take comfort in the fact that George is getting up there in age to. Ok I'm going to shut up now before I piss someone off.

ihatethecubs
09-15-2001, 06:39 PM
damn cant make it tuesday ill be there wed. though

Nellsin
09-17-2001, 03:10 PM
Great editorial. I'll be at the game Tuesday night. I plan to applaud the Yankees as loudly as I do the Sox. Well, for the intros . . . . not the play by play.

Mathew
09-17-2001, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
you know i was kinda of disappointed, the owners are doing things, the politicains are doing something, the movie star are doing something, companies and all................ but not a single anything from the major stars of America. No donation of funds or anything from some of these so-called superstars.


Keyshawn Johnson gave a weeks pay. ($32.000) and change out of the 7000000 that he makes per. The NFLPA and NHLPA shelled out a bit. The PGA over 2 million$ and I don't know about the MLB but there has been some responce at least. Mark Cuban of the Mavs gave 1 million to families of firefighters who died.

steff
09-18-2001, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
The Sox are playing the Yankees at Comiskey. It also happens to be my fortieth birthday.

I plan to be there. Anyone else? Perhaps we can arrange a WSI get-together.


Let's Go Go Go White Sox (http://whitesoxinteractive.com/LetsGoGoWhiteSox.rm)

Chicago's Proud of You!

Haven't been on the boards in a few days.. but I will be there tonight. Jim and I will be at Jimbo's about 5:30. I'm wearing a red sweater and black pants and will have my White Sox blankie with me. Please come over and say hi.

Steph

PaleHoseGeorge
09-18-2001, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by steff3603


Haven't been on the boards in a few days.. but I will be there tonight. Jim and I will be at Jimbo's about 5:30. I'm wearing a red sweater and black pants and will have my White Sox blankie with me. Please come over and say hi.

Steph


I don't think I'll get to the ballpark in time to visit Jimbo's. I will however be behind section 162 (in centerfield) for the start of the game. It's close to Old Roman Pizza and the Shortstop Grill stand that sells Beck's beer on-tap. (All the necessities in life).

I'll be the one wearing a black Sox cap standing with some other geezers, one of them wearing a Cardinals cap.

FarWestChicago
09-18-2001, 01:15 PM
I'll be the one wearing a black Sox cap standing with some other geezers, one of them wearing a Cardinals cap. Great, a geezer fest and I can't make it. Bummer.