PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 5/18/04

Hangar18
05-18-2004, 11:27 AM
Despite the Cubs being off yesterday, they somehow managed to get as many stories as the SOX did, and the SOX allegedly played last nite.
The Cubune, showing just how Biased they really are, by Running a Fluff piece on how The Messiah will be pitching "...Class A Lansing, a farm team for the cubs", as if mentioning the word "cubs" will draw hundreds of fans to this game. They even give Directions and ph numbers and ticket prices to the stadium, as if asking fans to show up.

Cubune:
3 cubs
3 sox
CubTime:
3 cubs
3 sox

Standings since spring training........
CUBS 641
SOX 451

Frater Perdurabo
05-18-2004, 11:30 AM
I'm convinced that if the Sox were in the Series and the Cubs were not even in the playoffs, the Cubs still would receive coverage in the print media. There would be an interview with Dusty Baker's toothpick, and how Kerry Wood's triceps were reacting to seeing the Sox in the Series.

Hangar18
05-18-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo
................... and how Kerry Wood's triceps were reacting to seeing the Sox in the Series.

Isnt if Funny how the Cubs told everyone that his "Triceps" is what was hurting him ........... now Quietly, were hearing that
its his Right Elbow that is Inflamed ........Again. The Media just went right along with this, never questioning that organization up north for Constantly Lying to the Media/Public for years ........

Dan H
05-18-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Despite the Cubs being off yesterday, they somehow managed to get as many stories as the SOX did, and the SOX allegedly played last nite.
The Cubune, showing just how Biased they really are, by Running a Fluff piece on how The Messiah will be pitching "...Class A Lansing, a farm team for the cubs", as if mentioning the word "cubs" will draw hundreds of fans to this game. They even give Directions and ph numbers and ticket prices to the stadium, as if asking fans to show up.

Cubune:
3 cubs
3 sox
CubTime:
3 cubs
3 sox

Standings since spring training........
CUBS 641
SOX 451

I agree this was one big fluff piece. Now they are advertising for their minor league team. However, the reality that the Cubs have a better chance of going to playoffs than the Sox is much worse to think about.

cheeses_h_rice
05-18-2004, 12:51 PM
Did anyone see Channel 7's sports last night at 6:00? They had a freaking helicopter shot over Wrigley while Prior and Wood were tossing the ball around.

Yes. They used their traffic helicopter to film Wood and Prior throwing a ball around. In mid-May.

I had to laugh.

Hangar18
05-18-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Did anyone see Channel 7's sports last night at 6:00? They had a freaking helicopter shot over Wrigley while Prior and Wood were tossing the ball around.

Yes. They used their traffic helicopter to film Wood and Prior throwing a ball around. In mid-May.

I had to laugh.

This cant be true ........... Using a traffic helicopter?
Unbelievable cubtacular

jabrch
05-18-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Isnt if Funny how the Cubs told everyone that his "Triceps" is what was hurting him ........... now Quietly, were hearing that
its his Right Elbow that is Inflamed ........Again. The Media just went right along with this, never questioning that organization up north for Constantly Lying to the Media/Public for years ........

Where'd you hear it is elbow and not triceps? I missed that report...

Hangar18
05-18-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
Where'd you hear it is elbow and not triceps? I missed that report...

Notice how Mike Kiley Casually mentions the inflamed ELBOW,
and never once raises doubts as to the extent of the injury.
Just a cub fan in the media covering up for his sweet precious
cubbies ..............

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-cub18.html